Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 556
Abortion is a gender issue

To me Abortion is an argument for idiots. Half the population cannot even have an Abortion. Though I did have a Republican male tell me he could have an Abortion. Abortion is a gender issue; let the females work it out. Men just need to butt out.
billybobama is offline  
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
sgtdmski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poplar, MT
Posts: 2,181
What a load of crap. Considering that half of all abortions are performed on male fetuses. Abortion is a life and death issue not a gender issue. If it were a gender issue, then who speaks for the 50% of all fetuses that are female??? Obviously not the women supporting abortion, therefore, if they are not defending all women how can it be a gender issue???



dmk
sgtdmski is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:09 AM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdmski
What a load of crap. Considering that half of all abortions are performed on male fetuses. Abortion is a life and death issue not a gender issue. If it were a gender issue, then who speaks for the 50% of all fetuses that are female??? Obviously not the women supporting abortion, therefore, if they are not defending all women how can it be a gender issue???



dmk
Not one fetus asked to be where they are. So you take it upon yourself to know something about a fetus. Tell us what your thoughts were when you were a fetus that should be easy since you know about all fetuses.
billybobama is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:46 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
hkbajwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 1,057
I agree with the topic. Abortion certainly IS a gender issue. Men are NOT capable of undertanding the complexities of pregnancy and childbirth. We are not capable of understanding the thoughts and feeling that lead up to an unwanted pregnancy. We are not capable of understanding how a woman feel DURING an unwanted prengancy. We are not capable of understand WHY a woman would want an abortion. And we are certainly NOT QUALIFIED to enforce our opinion on the "righteousness" of an action that we can never take ourselves.



We must help and support women. But the simple fact is that this decision LIES WHOLLY with them.
hkbajwa is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:25 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkbajwa
I agree with the topic. Abortion certainly IS a gender issue. Men are NOT capable of undertanding the complexities of pregnancy and childbirth. We are not capable of understanding the thoughts and feeling that lead up to an unwanted pregnancy. We are not capable of understanding how a woman feel DURING an unwanted prengancy. We are not capable of understand WHY a woman would want an abortion. And we are certainly NOT QUALIFIED to enforce our opinion on the "righteousness" of an action that we can never take ourselves.



We must help and support women. But the simple fact is that this decision LIES WHOLLY with them.
All too true. We don't know how unborn children feel, either. Can you comprehend the thoughts and emotions of a mass of cells with roughly the same size and with the same thought processes as a dragonfly? Honestly, criticism of contraception doesn't defend the rights of egg or sperm cells, and neither does criticism of abstinence education. Anyone who truly believes in protecting that from which life springs would do well to make themselves familiar with these concepts as well.
Antithesis is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:46 AM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,193
Thats such a crock. Men are just as effected by the decision, they should have just as much say. Not that I believe in abortion.
Preacherman is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
winston53660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherman
Thats such a crock. Men are just as effected by the decision, they should have just as much say. Not that I believe in abortion.




Err do men face a the possible medical complications on their body that come with being pregnant?
winston53660 is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:58 AM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660
Err do men face a the possible medical complications on their body that come with being pregnant?


Less than 1% of abortion have anything to do with medical complications. And a even less % of that are in serious danger of losing there lifes.



No, I mean his responcibility for the next 18 to 21 years of the childs life. Finacialy, and if he is intune to be a father, the responcibility of fatherhood. None of which should be taken lightly. A father is just as important to a child as a mother.
Preacherman is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:02 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
winston53660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherman
Less than 1% of abortion have anything to do with medical complications. And a even less % of that are in serious danger of losing there lifes.



No, I mean his responcibility for the next 18 to 21 years of the childs life. Finacialy, and if he is intune to be a father, the responcibility of fatherhood. None of which should be taken lightly. A father is just as important to a child as a mother.




You keep on spouting this 1% figure yet never back it up. Sorry but your argument just doesn't hold water and in turn you make yourself look silly and not to be taken seriously.
winston53660 is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:20 AM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660
You keep on spouting this 1% figure yet never back it up. Sorry but your argument just doesn't hold water and in turn you make yourself look silly and not to be taken seriously.




Thats accually the first time I've "spouted that figure". It was told to me by my wifes doctor, when she begain to have complications. I was concerned, so I asked if she would be ok. She smiled and told me less than 1% of complications involving pregnacy result in harm to the mother. This is do to advancments made over many years. Its just the truth. Its only silly to you, cause it dosent support your blood thirst for the most innocent among us.
Preacherman is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, gender, issue



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "gender gap" is fictitious, but there's a "marriage gap" garysher Politicians 0 July 11th, 2012 09:40 AM
Gender Gap Is Increasing skrekk Current Events 110 April 20th, 2012 10:59 AM
Gender Identity Disorder Tony Perkins Current Events 75 February 22nd, 2012 08:31 PM
Gender Differences in the Creation of Man OhDear Religion 101 January 20th, 2007 08:34 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.