Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree31Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:56 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Starting out on a false precis isn't going to end with a correct response.

The bible does talk about abortion and god supports it. He also supports infanticide.

God's Not Pro-Life



So, care to start on a new tack?
This is a description of an abortion?

Numbers 5:11-21
Concerning an Unfaithful Wife

And the Lord said to Moses, “Say to the people of Israel, If any man’s wife goes astray and acts unfaithfully against him, if a man lies with her carnally, and it is hidden from the eyes of her husband, and she is undetected though she has defiled herself, and there is no witness against her, since she was not taken in the act; and if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him, and he is jealous of his wife who has defiled herself; or if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him, and he is jealous of his wife, though she has not defiled herself; then the man shall bring his wife to the priest, and bring the offering required of her, a tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it and put no frankincense on it, for it is a cereal offering of jealousy, a cereal offering of remembrance, bringing iniquity to remembrance.

“And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord; and the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord, and unbind the hair of the woman’s head, and place in her hands the cereal offering of remembrance, which is the cereal offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse. Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying, ‘If no man has lain with you, and if you have not turned aside to uncleanness, while you were under your husband’s authority, be free from this water of bitterness that brings the curse. But if you have gone astray, though you are under your husband’s authority, and if you have defiled yourself, and some man other than your husband has lain with you, then’ (let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse, and say to the woman) ‘the Lord make you an execration and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh fall away and your body swell;
imaginethat is offline  
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:34 AM   #22
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Starting out on a false precis isn't going to end with a correct response.

The bible does talk about abortion and god supports it. He also supports infanticide.

God's Not Pro-Life



So, care to start on a new tack?
ABORTION AND THE BIBLE?What does the Bible teach about abortion? Pro-life or pro-choice? ? ChristianAnswers.Net
Patriot66 is offline  
Old August 18th, 2015, 10:01 AM   #23
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
Wow, Sabcat! Very eloquently researched and stated. I can't answer the question any better myself than what you have done. You've pretty well laid it all out. Thank you.
Those are not my words. Cut and Paste from the article linked below it. It is a discussion we have often along w/ the souls of the geographically challenged.
Sabcat is offline  
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
This is a description of an abortion?

Numbers 5:11-21
Concerning an Unfaithful Wife

And the Lord said to Moses, “Say to the people of Israel, If any man’s wife goes astray and acts unfaithfully against him, if a man lies with her carnally, and it is hidden from the eyes of her husband, and she is undetected though she has defiled herself, and there is no witness against her, since she was not taken in the act; and if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him, and he is jealous of his wife who has defiled herself; or if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him, and he is jealous of his wife, though she has not defiled herself; then the man shall bring his wife to the priest, and bring the offering required of her, a tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it and put no frankincense on it, for it is a cereal offering of jealousy, a cereal offering of remembrance, bringing iniquity to remembrance.

“And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord; and the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord, and unbind the hair of the woman’s head, and place in her hands the cereal offering of remembrance, which is the cereal offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse. Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying, ‘If no man has lain with you, and if you have not turned aside to uncleanness, while you were under your husband’s authority, be free from this water of bitterness that brings the curse. But if you have gone astray, though you are under your husband’s authority, and if you have defiled yourself, and some man other than your husband has lain with you, then’ (let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse, and say to the woman) ‘the Lord make you an execration and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh fall away and your body swell;

Here

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”


Here

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.”

That one's kinda anti marriage between a man and woman, huh?

Here

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”

Here

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”.

Better? More clear now? It's to induce an abortion if the woman is carrying another man's baby. See, sometimes you must know what the bible references and not just how to read the big words. Anyone tell you these things were handed down verbally and many of these "stories", "parables" were written thousands of years ago?
Thanks from waitingtables

Last edited by LongWinded; August 19th, 2015 at 01:36 PM.
LongWinded is offline  
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
I gave you quotes from the "infallible" word of your god.
Thanks from waitingtables
LongWinded is offline  
Old August 20th, 2015, 03:26 AM   #26
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
I gave you quotes from the "infallible" word of your god.
And I gave you quotes from the same and explanations of why what you posted is tripe!
Patriot66 is offline  
Old August 20th, 2015, 04:51 AM   #27
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
No tripe at all. The God of the Bible is a wrathful, murderous God.
Thanks from LongWinded
waitingtables is offline  
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #28
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
No tripe at all. The God of the Bible is a wrathful, murderous God.
You forgot to add "... who loves you."
Thanks from waitingtables and Sabcat
RNG is offline  
Old August 20th, 2015, 10:30 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot66 View Post
And I gave you quotes from the same and explanations of why what you posted is tripe!
I quoted the infallible word; you posted the rewrite of the born again evangelical NIV bible which alters what the god said to form a more perfect alignment with the wedge issues platforms of the republican to make sure their base thinks god loves the rich and wants them to be rich.

Talk TRIPE.
LongWinded is offline  
Old August 20th, 2015, 11:25 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
baloney_detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
No tripe at all. The God of the Bible is a wrathful, murderous God.
But I guess, in His defense, He seemed to have mellowed out a bit after...well...getting it on with Mary.

Perhaps he listened to the good Dr. Ruth...


baloney_detector is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
fetuses, human, souls



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Up-Coming Event: "Kid" Obama To WHUP "conservative"-Butt!!! Medicine Man Current Events 3 July 30th, 2014 10:23 PM
"Castle Doctrine"/"Stand Your Ground"; Failed Experiments Medicine Man Current Events 33 July 17th, 2014 07:09 PM
"Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter Uncle Han Current Events 0 August 27th, 2013 04:56 AM
"Conservative," "Liberal," and "Reactionary" mytmouse57 Current Events 302 May 3rd, 2013 10:49 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.