Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree22Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2015, 07:48 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
7.5 months? Wow. 24 weeks is considered the earliest point of viability. I see your point on padding the numbers. It happens on both sides of the aisle. I think your 7.5 month mark is two long. I understand why you go with that number, at least I think I do. Your looking at the amount of medical care it would take for the infant to survive. I figure if the capability is there for a 24 week old to survive and have normal life, and it is, then that is where the cut off should be at, or slightly before that actually. 20-22 weeks.
i think you posted before reading my latest post. i cited 7 1/2 months because thats the time the woman on the link you posted used. her mother was 7 1/2 months pregnant when she had a late term abortion that she survived. i think its appalling that this was ever done.

i dont think viability is a good argument, because it is entirely reliant on our current standard of medical technology. what happens when we have technology that can support a very young foetus? when we can build essentially an artificial womb, remove a foetus at 6 weeks and incubate it to term artificially, what then? does 6 weeks become the point of viability?

i have a consistent position: a human being is defined by their brain. during the 1st and 2nd trimester the brain is incapable of function. at about 20-24 weeks, it "turns on", not like a lightbulb, it isnt a singular moment, more like a sunrise on a cloudy morning, it gradually gets brighter. once its on, that particular human exists, and needs to be considered a human being in their own right.
hot dragon is offline  
Old September 30th, 2015, 07:59 PM   #32
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
i think you posted before reading my latest post. i cited 7 1/2 months because thats the time the woman on the link you posted used. her mother was 7 1/2 months pregnant when she had a late term abortion that she survived. i think its appalling that this was ever done.

i dont think viability is a good argument, because it is entirely reliant on our current standard of medical technology. what happens when we have technology that can support a very young foetus? when we can build essentially an artificial womb, remove a foetus at 6 weeks and incubate it to term artificially, what then? does 6 weeks become the point of viability?

i have a consistent position: a human being is defined by their brain. during the 1st and 2nd trimester the brain is incapable of function. at about 20-24 weeks, it "turns on", not like a lightbulb, it isnt a singular moment, more like a sunrise on a cloudy morning, it gradually gets brighter. once its on, that particular human exists, and needs to be considered a human being in their own right.
That is a great analogy
Sabcat is online now  
Old September 30th, 2015, 08:27 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
And, there ya have it. He was impeached after it was shown he lied under oath
And found not guilty, because it was a load of hooey
Thanks from LongWinded
goober is offline  
Old September 30th, 2015, 09:55 PM   #34
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
i think you posted before reading my latest post. i cited 7 1/2 months because thats the time the woman on the link you posted used. her mother was 7 1/2 months pregnant when she had a late term abortion that she survived. i think its appalling that this was ever done.

i dont think viability is a good argument, because it is entirely reliant on our current standard of medical technology. what happens when we have technology that can support a very young foetus? when we can build essentially an artificial womb, remove a foetus at 6 weeks and incubate it to term artificially, what then? does 6 weeks become the point of viability?

i have a consistent position: a human being is defined by their brain. during the 1st and 2nd trimester the brain is incapable of function. at about 20-24 weeks, it "turns on", not like a lightbulb, it isnt a singular moment, more like a sunrise on a cloudy morning, it gradually gets brighter. once its on, that particular human exists, and needs to be considered a human being in their own right.
you are correct. I was replying and never saw your other post. (:
coke is offline  
Old October 1st, 2015, 12:45 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
I am generally pro-choice. But, I do think there comes a point and time when the fetus is viable and the choice ends. If you disagree with me on late term abortions. Then what standard to you have? Do you have one? Easy yes or no question. 8.5 months into pregnancy. All plans are to have the child. Suddenly, at the very start of labor, you change your mind. Do you think you should be able to turn the birth into an abortion in the name of freedom of choice? Pretty simple yes or no question.
And in roe v wade, there is a doctor involved in making that decision with the woman and the state as well.

Why all this feigned disgust in something which is already in place?
LongWinded is offline  
Old October 1st, 2015, 04:17 AM   #36
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
i think you posted before reading my latest post. i cited 7 1/2 months because thats the time the woman on the link you posted used. her mother was 7 1/2 months pregnant when she had a late term abortion that she survived. i think its appalling that this was ever done.

i dont think viability is a good argument, because it is entirely reliant on our current standard of medical technology. what happens when we have technology that can support a very young foetus? when we can build essentially an artificial womb, remove a foetus at 6 weeks and incubate it to term artificially, what then? does 6 weeks become the point of viability?

i have a consistent position: a human being is defined by their brain. during the 1st and 2nd trimester the brain is incapable of function. at about 20-24 weeks, it "turns on", not like a lightbulb, it isnt a singular moment, more like a sunrise on a cloudy morning, it gradually gets brighter. once its on, that particular human exists, and needs to be considered a human being in their own right.

All of the survivors were aborted at > 6th months.

The Point I was making with the thread is in the US there are 44,000 people that survived being aborted.

the Pro-abortion crowd, have been telling us that late term abortion are Rare.

the fact that 44,000 have survived, is a very big red flag, that it is not that rare.

I would think that a vast majority of later term abortions don't survive.

If 44,000 have survived how many were performed?
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old October 1st, 2015, 04:20 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
All of the survivors were aborted at > 6th months.

The Point I was making with the thread is in the US there are 44,000 people that survived being aborted.

the Pro-abortion crowd, have been telling us that late term abortion are Rare.

the fact that 44,000 have survived, is a very big red flag, that it is not that rare.

I would think that a vast majority of later term abortions don't survive.

If 44,000 have survived how many were performed?
the point i was making is that this is wrong

this website CLAIMS 44000 americans are abortion survivors.

a claim is not always correct.

this website is CRAP

the "evidence" they use, and they provide it, its there to read, is all allegations and anecdotal accounts. its not actually evidence. its not medical material, its not data, its people claiming there is a problem, not evidence there actually is a problem. most of it is newspaper articles, and they are from all over the world, not just america. one of the citations is a movie! the website relies on the fact that people like you look at it and accept that they are being honest and up front, you dont check out the basis of their claims. if you do, you realise it is garbage.
Thanks from imaginethat, LongWinded and Lyzza
hot dragon is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 08:11 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
The Abortion Survivors Network - "Public" Survivors & Their Stories



now if aborting viable fetuses is rare, and the purpose of the procedure is to kill the fetus and 44,0000 have survived then that means:

1. either Doctors screw up the procedure a hell of a lot.

2. IT ISN'T RARE.
Your numbers don't mean a thing unless you provide other information.

1. Over what period of time are these survivors from? 1 year? 10 years? 20 years?

2. Where all the abortions that these people survived late term abortions? Just because they were born after the attempted abortion does not mean that the abortion was a "late term" abortion.
Thanks from LongWinded and Lyzza
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 08:22 PM   #39
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,118
What if the woman wanted an abortion and then changed her mind at the last minute would that be considered an abortion survived
Sabcat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, claimed, fetuses, liberals, rarely, viable



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do human fetuses have "souls"? Sabcat Abortion 68 January 25th, 2016 07:15 PM
Liberals Have No Problem With Government Forcing Abortion Funding? concerned Conservatism 319 November 13th, 2012 11:44 AM
Rarely Seen Pictures Of The Devastating Consequences Of The BP Disaster intangible child Business & Industries 2 July 13th, 2010 11:12 AM
Senator says public insurance option not viable CNN Current Events 13 August 17th, 2009 06:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.