Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


View Poll Results: Would you still support abortion if you were convinced that abortions kill a Child?
Yes, I probably would 5 55.56%
No, I probably would not 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree128Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:17 AM   #91
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
you are completely wrong, I live everyday with dread consequences.
Of your being pregnant? Congrats, that should be worth an appearance or two on afternoon television and you should make a fair bit of green with it.
Thanks from Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:19 AM   #92
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
I don't know how you can say that.

I was a single father with full custody of a child that you could say was a "consequence" of an unplanned pregnancy. . . so.
That you got a child because of someone's abortion? Another medical miracle.
Thanks from Sabcat and Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:21 AM   #93
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
you are completely wrong, I live everyday with dread consequences.
I'm sorry to see this.

I suspect that I have a similar story in my past like that too.

If you ever need someone to talk about it with?

I'm here.
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:23 AM   #94
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
That you got a child because of someone's abortion? Another medical miracle.
Do you think these twisted drive by sniping remarks make you look intelligent in any way?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:42 AM   #95
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
Do you think these twisted drive by sniping remarks make you look intelligent in any way?
What other conclusion is there to be reached from your otherwise meaningless statement? What connection would there be between you lamenting being stuck with a kid and abortion?
Thanks from Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:49 AM   #96
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
What other conclusion is there to be reached from your otherwise meaningless statement? What connection would there be between you lamenting being stuck with a kid and abortion?
Are you so naive as to think that all unplanned / unwanted pregnancies end up being aborted?

Are you so naive as to think that no aborted children were ever "wanted?"

Your signature is hilariously ironic - given it is so clear that you don't seek any "understanding" on these issues at all.
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:59 AM   #97
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
Are you so naive as to think that all unplanned / unwanted pregnancies end up being aborted?

Are you so naive as to think that no aborted children were ever "wanted?"

Your signature is hilariously ironic - given it is so clear that you don't seek any "understanding" on these issues at all.
I disagree. To me it appears you have started with a position and have spent years polishing your lecture series to justify it.

That a child was wanted by the father has little relevance in my opinion. It isn't his body upon which discomfort and constrained lifestyle and pain are inflicted.

And I disagree with the concept that consensual sex implies a desire or acceptance of pregnancy as a result.

And I know two women who wanted a child but early testing definitively showed serious deformations in the fetus. And even so the parents agonized before deciding to abort.

But none are any of your business.
Thanks from imaginethat and Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 10:12 AM   #98
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I disagree. To me it appears you have started with a position and have spent years polishing your lecture series to justify it.
Shows what you know. I used to be pro-choice on abortion myself. I used to have the view that I didn't think it was right for me - but "who am I to tell others. . . " and I also used to deny that a life begins at conception. Even when I first started having my doubts about the legality of abortion, I held that life didn't begin (like some still believe) until brain waves could be detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
That a child was wanted by the father has little relevance in my opinion.
So much for "understanding" then - Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
It isn't his body upon which discomfort and constrained lifestyle and pain are inflicted.
Yeah.

You were never a single father with full custody. Were you? You never stayed up all night with a preemie daughter on an apnea monitor - fighting colic all night and got less than an hour of sleep before having to go to work the next day. Did you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
And I disagree with the concept that consensual sex implies a desire or acceptance of pregnancy as a result.
Again, you display a lack of understanding then. Because, even the Justices of the Supreme Court who ruled in favor of Roe could see that it was problematic for the proponents of abortion - should any State establish the fact that a human fetus is a "person."

Those justice know (or knew) that Consent to sex is tantamount to a consent to pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
And I know two women who wanted a child but early testing definitively showed serious deformations in the fetus. And even so the parents agonized before deciding to abort.

But none are any of your business.
Do people with deformations or maladies like downs or spinal bifida have rights? Or should we (society) have the right to kill them too. . . to make life easier on the rest of us, maybe?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 10:16 AM   #99
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
Shows what you know. I used to be pro-choice on abortion myself. I used to have the view that I didn't think it was right for me - but "who am I to tell others. . . " and I also used to deny that a life begins at conception. Even when I first started having my doubts about the legality of abortion, I held that life didn't begin (like some still believe) until brain waves could be detected.



So much for "understanding" then - Right?



Yeah.

You were never a single father with full custody. Were you? You never stayed up all night with a preemie daughter on an apnea monitor - fighting colic all night and got less than an hour of sleep before having to go to work the next day. Did you?




Again, you display a lack of understanding then. Because, even the Justices of the Supreme Court who ruled in favor of Roe could see that it was problematic for the proponents of abortion - should any State establish the fact that a human fetus is a "person."

Those justice know (or knew) that Consent to sex is tantamount to a consent to pregnancy.



Do people with deformations or maladies like downs or spinal bifida have rights? Or should we (society) have the right to kill them too. . . to make life easier on the rest of us, maybe?
In general, I disagree with all your points here or think you are being very selfish.

And I disagree with the SC on many of their rulings, including this one. That it is currently law does not make it right or moral IMO.

Another glaring example is Citizens United.
Thanks from Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old January 31st, 2016, 10:21 AM   #100
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
In general, I disagree with all your points here or think you are being very selfish.

And I disagree with the SC on many of their rulings, including this one. That it is currently law does not make it right or moral IMO.

Another glaring example is Citizens United.
And you dodge my questions again.

More proof that you do not seek the understanding that is being trumpeted in your signature.
Chuz Life is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, child, chuz life, proponents, question



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abortion Rights Leader Nails Hypocrisy Of Anti-Abortion Activists LongWinded Abortion 3 December 14th, 2015 03:06 PM
10-Year-Old Rape Victim Denied Abortion: The Horrific Realities of Abortion Bans LongWinded Abortion 32 December 7th, 2015 01:02 PM
Proponents Say They Have Signatures to Put Pot Legalization to a Vote in Calif. intangible child Money and Finance 0 December 14th, 2009 06:43 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.