Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


View Poll Results: Would you still support abortion if you were convinced that abortions kill a Child?
Yes, I probably would 5 55.56%
No, I probably would not 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree128Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2016, 06:40 PM   #11
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I already answered your questions.

Personally, were I a woman I doubt seriously that I'd ever have an abortion.
I don't mean to badger you on this. . . but I really would like to know why those who don't care whether an abortion kills a child or not don't just say so up front.

That's all.
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 30th, 2016, 06:42 PM   #12
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The key phrase in the poll was "...if you were convinced...."

The status of an embryo or fetus will always be a matter of opinion, in my opinion.
(facedesk)

If that (in bold) is your view. . . then you should not have answered the question at all.
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 30th, 2016, 06:44 PM   #13
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
The fetus is not a person until the third trimester. I do not agree with late term abortions unless it is to save the mother's life.
1. Can you support that claim?

2. What are your thoughts on fetal homicide laws which define it as a child and make it a crime of murder to criminally kill one of any age and in ANY stage of development?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 30th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
baloney_detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 4,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
...the fact that "life begins at conception".....
So then, when do the lives begin for human identical twins, in your opinion?


And, welcome to this forum.

(And, if you ask me, all biological life on Earth, including individual living homo Sapiens, appears to be a continuum...with billions of years of life we have all lived in one form or another behind us. So, the way I see things, I've been life and alive for seemingly billions of years, technically speaking.)
Thanks from Sabcat
baloney_detector is offline  
Old January 30th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
(facedesk)

If that (in bold) is your view. . . then you should not have answered the question at all.
Well, please pardon me.
imaginethat is online now  
Old January 30th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #16
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloney_detector View Post
So then, when do the lives begin for human identical twins, in your opinion?
That's a great question that almost deserves a thread of it's own.

The answer is pretty simple really.

When conception takes place, there is no way to know for certain that twinning will occur.

Correct?

So, conception begins the first twin's life. Then, if and when twinning does occur, that's when the 2nd twin's life (being/ existence) begins.

This is supported by the definitions and the understandings of the words "conception" and "inception" as they apply to pregnancy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by baloney_detector View Post
And, welcome to this forum.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloney_detector View Post
(And, if you ask me, all biological life on Earth, including individual living homo Sapiens, appears to be a continuum...with billions of years of life we have all lived in one form or another behind us. So, the way I see things, I've been life and alive for seemingly billions of years, technically speaking.)
Understood.

So, how do you reconcile that belief with the idea of individual rights and our laws against things like murder and molestation?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 30th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #17
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Well, please pardon me.
done
Chuz Life is offline  
Old January 30th, 2016, 07:09 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
I don't mean to badger you on this. . . but I really would like to know why those who don't care whether an abortion kills a child or not don't just say so up front.

That's all.
As far as I'm concerned, or would be concerned were I a woman, I care, and I wouldn't choose to have an abortion for birth control purposes.

But opinions differ on when life begins, or even on what "life" is.

If memory serves, you were on the authoritarian side of the personality test. I was on the libertarian side. That partly explains our positions.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is online now  
Old January 30th, 2016, 07:13 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,249
Of course I would be against abortion if I were convinced a child were being harmed. I just don't seen anyone convincing me that a collection of cells that does not have brain activity is a child.
Thanks from hot dragon, Sabcat and Chuz Life
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old January 30th, 2016, 07:26 PM   #20
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
As far as I'm concerned, or would be concerned were I a woman, I care, and I wouldn't choose to have an abortion for birth control purposes.
You are confusing me.

First, you said you would not change your views in support of abortion EVEN IF you were convinced that an abortion kills a child and denies their rights.

Then you add that you "wouldn't choose to have an abortion for birth control purposes."

Why? Why wouldn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
But opinions differ on when life begins, or even on what "life" is.
Aren't we all intelligent enough to put that to rest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
If memory serves, you were on the authoritarian side of the personality test. I was on the libertarian side. That partly explains our positions.
Understood.

I don't see why we can't find any common ground on this though.
Chuz Life is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, child, chuz life, proponents, question



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abortion Rights Leader Nails Hypocrisy Of Anti-Abortion Activists LongWinded Abortion 3 December 14th, 2015 04:06 PM
10-Year-Old Rape Victim Denied Abortion: The Horrific Realities of Abortion Bans LongWinded Abortion 32 December 7th, 2015 02:02 PM
Proponents Say They Have Signatures to Put Pot Legalization to a Vote in Calif. intangible child Money and Finance 0 December 14th, 2009 07:43 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.