Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree76Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:02 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
No where in that source did PZ Meyers define or explain "biological fatherhood"




No. My response was to point out how he was wrong to declare that the "person" (or personhood) is defined by the attributes that new organisms may temporarily lack.

I could so destroy this guy in a debate on this point.
And your degree in Biology is from?
Thanks from Sabcat
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:09 AM   #92
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
When is this guy going to ask questions about when it is acceptable to decide what happens inside another person's body, when that person is capable of making decisions legally for themselves and is protected by the Constitution because they are a born person with the ability to be a cognitively functioning individual. When does it become okay to disregard a citizen's rights for those of another?
Thanks from imaginethat
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:24 AM   #93
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,826
The Constitution does not protect abortion and no rights to abortion can be found in the Constitution. That premise is based off of a Supreme Court ruling with no constitutional basis.
Thanks from Chuz Life
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:27 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The Constitution does not protect abortion and no rights to abortion can be found in the Constitution. That premise is based off of a Supreme Court ruling with no constitutional basis.
Yep, once again Jimmyb declaring that he has a better grasp of the Constitution and the law then members of The Supreme Court.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:28 AM   #95
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
You're stupid jimmyb. The Constitution protects and guarantees a woman's (citizen's) fundamental freedoms. What the heck are you babbling about? No state can infringe upon an individual's liberty without compelling interest.
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:34 AM   #96
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Yep, once again Jimmyb declaring that he has a better grasp of the Constitution and the law then members of The Supreme Court.
I am certain that you will provide Blackmun's opinion in Roe and explain where the constitutional basis is in the Constitution. Or better, post up a few liberal legal scholars that agree with the constitutional basis in Roe.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:39 AM   #97
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,826
The high school drop-out part-time waitress is about to give us a lesson about the Constitution with her reply to these questions:

Show me where this fundemental right to abortion is in the Constitution after you explain the constitutional defintion of what a fundamental right is. But first explain what liberty means in the context of the Constitution.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:40 AM   #98
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
And your degree in Biology is from?
Do I need a degree in biology in order to cross check claims from multiple sources, rather than to cherry pick one that supports my views?

I have cited MULTIPLE sources to support including LAWS to support the fact that a human being in the fetal stage of their life is "a human being."

You have cherry picked ONE source that you think trumps them all.

And you still hold that THAT source (a BLOG entry) is more credible than all others?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:42 AM   #99
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
When is this guy going to ask questions about when it is acceptable to decide what happens inside another person's body, when that person is capable of making decisions legally for themselves and is protected by the Constitution because they are a born person with the ability to be a cognitively functioning individual. When does it become okay to disregard a citizen's rights for those of another?
I tried to shed some lights on those aspects here;
Variation on "Thompson's Violinist" analogy with Poll

Have you read it yet?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:44 AM   #100
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
You're stupid jimmyb. The Constitution protects and guarantees a woman's (citizen's) fundamental freedoms. What the heck are you babbling about? No state can infringe upon an individual's liberty without compelling interest.
I thought the Constitutional requirement was "due process."
Chuz Life is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, chuz, conception, interview, life, life begins, nwolfe35, qanda



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Haribol2332 Religion 4 December 8th, 2013 09:23 AM
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath Conspiracy Theories 2 October 29th, 2013 02:53 AM
Atheist Life vs. Religious Life tadpole256 Atheism 4 February 14th, 2009 07:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.