Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree76Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2016, 08:57 PM   #61
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
ALL is inclusive....of human beings which, as I have said before, does not include collections of cells that do not have brain activity.
So, it's all inclusive except for when it's conveniently exclusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
And, as I said before, this is going to be the sticking point of our discussion. You will continue to insist that humanity begins at conception and I will continue disagree.
Ok, I have a line of questioning that I would like to try to see if I can get beyond that. Would you be willing to continue?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:00 PM   #62
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
I generally don't like discrediting sources, it's just not usually my thing. But I don't see how anyone would think that guy is capable of having an objective point of view on anything in science that runs counter to his political views.
I have no problem discrediting sources if they are spreading baseless and militant propaganda. Meyers is an militant atheist parading around as a scientist. He make emotions statements. Twelve year old girls make emotional statements. He even caused an uproar in the animal training community by supporting beastiality.
Thanks from Chuz Life
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:02 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The author of that quote, PZ Meyers, is a despicable atheist propagandist, hated equally by Christians and atheists. He is the poster child regarding how devoid of morals and character atheists are.
Hated by atheists?

PZ Myers is the winner of the American Humanist's associations 2009 Humanist of the Year award and 2011 International Humanist Award.

The Journal Nature listed his blog Pharyngula as the top rated blog by a scientist by popularity.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:02 PM   #64
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
So because his political view disagrees with yours then his scientific view must be biased (and thus not worthy of consideration)?
That is your argument to discredit Christians who are scientists. You cannot have it both ways.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:04 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
So, it's all inclusive except for when it's conveniently exclusive?
No, it's ALL inclusive when it applies.

You keep trying to sneak non humans into a discussion about humans and then act all indignant when I disagree with you.



Quote:
Ok, I have a line of questioning that I would like to try to see if I can get beyond that. Would you be willing to continue?
Ask away...just don't be too upset if you don't like the answers.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:05 PM   #66
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
I generally don't like discrediting sources, it's just not usually my thing. But I don't see how anyone would think that guy is capable of having an objective point of view on anything in science that runs counter to his political views.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
So because his political view disagrees with yours then his scientific view must be biased (and thus not worthy of consideration)?
Can you blame me for being suspicious about his ability to remain objective and unbiased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Funny how you are trying to discredit him as a scientist by attacking his political views.
I never attacked his political views.

I said he has a right to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Wouldn't his education in science be the factor in deciding whether or not he has credibility as a scientist?
Not Necessarily. No.

Credibility is a measure of human character not educational achievement.
Chuz Life is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:05 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
That is your argument to discredit Christians who are scientists. You cannot have it both ways.
Care to give an example?
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:06 PM   #68
Self Banned
 
Chuz Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
Ok, I have a line of questioning that I would like to try to see if I can get beyond that. Would you be willing to continue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Ask away...just don't be too upset if you don't like the answers.
Are you a father?
Chuz Life is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:09 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
Can you blame me for being suspicious about his ability to remain objective and unbiased?
And again, you judge his bias by the fact that he disagrees with you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
I never attacked his political views.

I said he has a right to them.
But you attempted to call into question his credibility as a scientist by bringing up his political views without mentioning ONCE his scientific qualifications.

That, to me, shows me that YOU are biased and brings into question YOUR credibility.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
Not Necessarily. No.

Credibility is a measure of human character not educational achievement.
And his character is lacking because his political views disagree with yours or because his scientific views disagree with yours?...because those are the only things that have been referenced.
Thanks from Sabcat
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 1st, 2016, 09:09 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
Are you a father?
Nope
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, chuz, conception, interview, life, life begins, nwolfe35, qanda



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Haribol2332 Religion 4 December 8th, 2013 08:23 AM
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath Conspiracy Theories 2 October 29th, 2013 02:53 AM
Atheist Life vs. Religious Life tadpole256 Atheism 4 February 14th, 2009 06:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.