Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree36Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:52 PM   #31
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
In terms of consistency of application, Trump had a point ... until he changed his mind, sorta.

However, the gap between the GOP platform and GOP reality, such as it is, is huge.



Trump's abortion gaffe highlights GOP's intellectual dishonesty: Ruth Marcus | OregonLive.com
The gap between your receptors is huge too.
jetson is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson View Post
Trump is the only politician I have ever seen that speaks his mind,the rest are fakes.I like him.
Trump is the biggest fake and bullshit artist out there.
Thanks from catus felis and Clara007
Hollywood is online now  
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:15 AM   #33
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,842
I guess people just don't understand that 70% of the people either want LIMITS on access to abortion, OR a total ban on abortion.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:10 AM   #34
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I guess people just don't understand that 70% of the people either want LIMITS on access to abortion, OR a total ban on abortion.
Bullshit!
Americans Choose "Pro-Choice" for First Time in Seven Years | Gallup

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Americans divide 50% "pro-choice," 44% "pro-life" on abortion
Majority of women, 54%, now pro-choice, vs. 46% of men
Pro-choice ID among Democrats has swelled since 2001
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Half of Americans consider themselves "pro-choice" on abortion, surpassing the 44% who identify as "pro-life." This is the first time since 2008 that the pro-choice position has had a statistically significant lead in Americans' abortion views.

Trend: U.S. Adults' Self-Identified Position on the Abortion Issue

For most of the past five years, Americans have been fairly evenly divided in their association with the two abortion labels. The only exception between 2010 and 2014 was in May 2012, when the pro-life position led by 50% to 41%.

Prior to 2009, the pro-choice side almost always predominated, including in the mid-1990s by a substantial margin. While support for the pro-choice position has yet to return to the 53% to 56% level seen at the time, the trend has been moving in that direction since the 2012 reading.
Thanks from catus felis and Twisted Sister
Daws77 is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:38 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
Bullshit!
Americans Choose "Pro-Choice" for First Time in Seven Years | Gallup

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Americans divide 50% "pro-choice," 44% "pro-life" on abortion
Majority of women, 54%, now pro-choice, vs. 46% of men
Pro-choice ID among Democrats has swelled since 2001
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Half of Americans consider themselves "pro-choice" on abortion, surpassing the 44% who identify as "pro-life." This is the first time since 2008 that the pro-choice position has had a statistically significant lead in Americans' abortion views.

Trend: U.S. Adults' Self-Identified Position on the Abortion Issue

For most of the past five years, Americans have been fairly evenly divided in their association with the two abortion labels. The only exception between 2010 and 2014 was in May 2012, when the pro-life position led by 50% to 41%.

Prior to 2009, the pro-choice side almost always predominated, including in the mid-1990s by a substantial margin. While support for the pro-choice position has yet to return to the 53% to 56% level seen at the time, the trend has been moving in that direction since the 2012 reading.
Why I exist is perplexing. The only thing I can come up with is this is a test of some kind. Then I ponder who or what is writing the test.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:42 AM   #36
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Why I exist is perplexing. The only thing I can come up with is this is a test of some kind. Then I ponder who or what is writing the test.
for me it's simple , I exist .
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Daws77 is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:44 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
for me it's simple , I exist .
I think therefore I am. Descartes
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:46 AM   #38
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
I think therefore I am. Descartes
Or I stink therefore I can!
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Daws77 is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
Or I stink therefore I can!
Thanks for the funny which livened up my day and reminds me that I need to make a pot of Navy bean soup and bake cornbread.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:59 AM   #40
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Thanks for the funny which livened up my day and reminds me that I need to make a pot of Navy bean soup and bake cornbread.
I was going to make that for dinner with biscuits.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Daws77 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, dishonesty, gaffe, gop, highlights, intellectual, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Dishonesty of the Billionaire Koch Brothers Camelot Current Events 71 May 21st, 2014 09:27 AM
Biden's Latest Gaffe theindependentmind Politicians 0 November 4th, 2012 12:19 PM
Obama gaffe is gift to GOP CNN Current Events 2 August 16th, 2010 11:06 AM
Dishonesty of Creationism tadpole256 Religion 4 June 17th, 2009 06:29 PM
UK's Brown accused of Obama gaffe CNN Current Events 3 September 10th, 2008 12:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.