Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree15Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2016, 12:02 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Actually the definition of a human is only partially dependent on DNA.

A human skin cell has DNA (human DNA at that) but I don't seen anyone advocating for "skin cell rights"
Then why could you clone a human from that skin cell???....All cells carry the DNA for the specie they came from...Doesn't matter if it is skin cell or a kidney cell...still human DNA...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old December 26th, 2016, 12:25 PM   #42
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Then why could you clone a human from that skin cell???....All cells carry the DNA for the specie they came from...Doesn't matter if it is skin cell or a kidney cell...still human DNA...
So any time a doctor cuts out any part of a person he is committing murder in your view.

Why aren't pro-lifers picketing all surgeries and doctors offices and insisting that all medical procedures involving a scalpel not be funded by government funds?
RNG is offline  
Old March 1st, 2017, 07:48 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,716
First of all....sperm is not a living human being.
Second of all.....an egg is not a living human being.
Third....only when they come together is a living human conceived.

Didn't you ever take a science class? Because you look really foolish.
azchurchmouse is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:59 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordenMilk View Post
Incorrect as there is a significant difference between gametes and zygotes. Swallowing a bunch of gamete cells cannot be considered cannibalism as those individual cells are not considered to be humans. Destroying/terminating a zygote cell can be considered murder because a human is ending the life of what is considered to be another human.
So chopping off a person's arm and eating it while the person lives on is not cannibalism because we did not end the life of what is considered to be another human? We just ate a bunch of cells that are not humans? I think you need to rethink this a bit.
Bodhisattva is offline  
Old March 6th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
First of all....sperm is not a living human being.
Second of all.....an egg is not a living human being.
Third....only when they come together is a living human conceived.

Didn't you ever take a science class? Because you look really foolish.
your science class said when a sperm and egg come together a human foetus is conceived. there is a difference between a human foetus and a human being.

it was your religion class that said when a sperm and an egg come together a human being is conceived.
Thanks from RNG
hot dragon is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
your science class said when a sperm and egg come together a human foetus is conceived. there is a difference between a human foetus and a human being.

it was your religion class that said when a sperm and an egg come together a human being is conceived.
You are wrong. The egg is human, the sperm is human...anything it produces is human.

So let me ask you this. You say it is not human..not a being...not a person.

So are you working hard to change abortion laws so that a woman can kill throughout the entire nine months...because viability is not an issue, right?
azchurchmouse is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.