Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree13Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2017, 10:28 AM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,786
Lies led to emotional decisions by judges in Roe V Wade

Debunking the myth of 'back-alley' abortions

Debunking the myth of ‘back-alley’ abortions
By Susan Michelle-Hanson | July 29, 2016 , 05:21pm



The abortion industry claims that if abortion was outlawed, it would mean a return to the “coat hanger” or “back-alley” abortions. They argue that abortions would no longer be the “safe” procedures they are now, and women would continue having them at much the same rate. However, research shows that these arguments are false.

Former abortionist Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of NARAL, discussed how the abortion industry purposely fabricated the number of illegal abortions prior to Roe v. Wade.

Nathanson admitted that fictional polls were created in order to convince the public of the need for legal abortion. He said abortion activists sold Americans the lie that thousands of women were dying annually from back-alley abortions, when the actual figure was in the hundreds.

Knowing that if a true poll were taken, we would be soundly defeated, we simply fabricated the results of fictional polls. We announced to the media that we had taken polls and that 60% of Americans were in favor of permissive abortion. This is the tactic of the self-fulfilling lie. Few people care to be in the minority.

We aroused enough sympathy to sell our program of permissive abortion by fabricating the number of illegal abortions done annually in the U.S. The actual figure was approaching 100,000 but the figure we gave to the media repeatedly was 1,000,000. Repeating the big lie often enough convinces the public. The number of women dying from illegal abortions was around 200 – 250 annually. The figure constantly fed to the media was 10,000.

These false figures took root in the consciousness of Americans convincing many that we needed to crack the abortion law. Another myth we fed to the public through the media was that legalizing abortion would only mean that the abortions taking place illegally would then be done legally. In fact, of course, abortion is now being used as a primary method of birth control in the U.S. and the annual number of abortions has increased by 1500% since legalization.

Nathanson’s admissions reveal that the abortion lobby generated a false media hysteria that led to the Roe v. Wade decision. Under the guise of protecting women, activists pushed abortion into the American culture.

But although a procedure may be “legal,” it does not mean it is safe or sanitary. The term “back-alley” is another abortion lobby misnomer that masks the violence that every abortion procedure inflicts. Abortion always destroys the life of an innocent human being, and it is an invasive procedure that poses many health risks to the woman.

In addition, many abortion facilities still hold the “back-alley” conditions reminiscent to eras before Roe. Abortion centers today—such as ones in New York City—are inspected less than tanning salons. Over the years, the public has learned of facilities like Kermit Gosnell’s “house of horrors,” which contained dirty equipment, jars of baby body parts, a freezer full of aborted children, blood-stained blankets, and “a flea-infested cat… wandering through the facility.”

While many contend Gosnell is an outlier, the American Center for Law and Justice reported in 2013 that 362 babies had been born alive in the last decade as a result of botched abortions. Stories continue to emerge of botched abortions in legal abortion facilities.

The notion that regulating abortion will cause women to seek an illegal “back-alley” procedure is a myth. A study in 2012 reveals that outlawing abortion in Chile not only saved children, but advanced women’s health. Chile was a prime nation to study this effect because before the country banned “therapeutic” abortions in 1989, abortion was largely legal.

The study, led by epidemiologist Elard S. Koch from the University of Chile, showed that restrictive abortion laws were good for women’s health.

Similar to restrictions on alcohol or tobacco, restrictive abortion laws acted to dissuade. The study concluded that even with these restrictions, Chile has one of the lowest abortion-related maternal mortality rates in the world.

These data suggest that over time, restrictive laws may have a restraining effect on the practice of abortion and promote its decrease. In fact, Chile exhibits today one of the lowest abortion-related maternal deaths in the world, with a 92.3% decrease since 1989 and a 99.1% accumulated decrease over 50 years.

The study also found that when combined with public health services for women, abortion restrictions are actually effective at saving lives. It also affirmed that making abortion illegal does not increase maternal deaths.

While the abortion industry asserts that abortion regulations or bans would result in a back-alley abortion surge, the facts simply say the opposite.
Thanks from webguy4
Patriot66 is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #2
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,700
The first line in the Wikipedia entry on Live Action is that it is an anti-abortion organization. Surprise, surprise.
RNG is offline  
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #3
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
The first line in the Wikipedia entry on Live Action is that it is an anti-abortion organization. Surprise, surprise.
I'm just old enough to remember when abortion was both illegal and punished as a criminal offense. In Canada, the boundaries were smeared for years when a doctor - Henry Morganthaler...went on his own crusade to decriminalize abortion after having to deal with a string of young female patients coming in after botched abortions led to hemorrhaging and other life-threatening conditions. So, he set up his own abortion clinic, helped likeminded physicians set up their own...was prosecuted and acquitted many times by juries who refused to convict/while politicians and police refused to allow the laws be changed. Finally, the whole abortion law was declared unconstitutional by our supreme court, and governments haven't been able to bridge the gaps to draft a new law that can be agreed on by consensus.

Worth noting that, in the no-man's-land that has existed since then on the abortion issue, the numbers of abortions at all stages haven't increased, and there are still so few hospitals performing late or third trimester abortions, that women in smaller, more isolated cities across Canada often have to go the the US OF AAAA to get a late abortion if and when needed for medical reasons.

The worse thing about the so called "pro life" cause is banning abortion is only the first step back to getting women subjugated again and back out of public life completely! Now that abortion has effectively become illegal in so many US states, the next shoe is dropping: declaring oral contraceptives to be abortifacient drugs..and therefore the same as abortion if taken, all because there is a slight risk that they can interfere with an embryo trying to attack itself to the uterine lining and complete the fertilization stage.

No question in my mind that no one at the top of the anti-abortion/anti-birth control movements are not doing it for any sort of altruistic reasons, and no amount of fake bloody fetus pictures will convince me otherwise. This is an issue that should be under the control of those who are on the frontline of the babymaking process, and any sort of outside interference has to be clearly justified and warranted.
Thanks from catus felis
right to left is offline  
Old January 9th, 2017, 08:45 AM   #4
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
I'm just old enough to remember when abortion was both illegal and punished as a criminal offense. In Canada, the boundaries were smeared for years when a doctor - Henry Morganthaler...went on his own crusade to decriminalize abortion after having to deal with a string of young female patients coming in after botched abortions led to hemorrhaging and other life-threatening conditions. So, he set up his own abortion clinic, helped likeminded physicians set up their own...was prosecuted and acquitted many times by juries who refused to convict/while politicians and police refused to allow the laws be changed. Finally, the whole abortion law was declared unconstitutional by our supreme court, and governments haven't been able to bridge the gaps to draft a new law that can be agreed on by consensus.

Worth noting that, in the no-man's-land that has existed since then on the abortion issue, the numbers of abortions at all stages haven't increased, and there are still so few hospitals performing late or third trimester abortions, that women in smaller, more isolated cities across Canada often have to go the the US OF AAAA to get a late abortion if and when needed for medical reasons.

The worse thing about the so called "pro life" cause is banning abortion is only the first step back to getting women subjugated again and back out of public life completely! Now that abortion has effectively become illegal in so many US states, the next shoe is dropping: declaring oral contraceptives to be abortifacient drugs..and therefore the same as abortion if taken, all because there is a slight risk that they can interfere with an embryo trying to attack itself to the uterine lining and complete the fertilization stage.

No question in my mind that no one at the top of the anti-abortion/anti-birth control movements are not doing it for any sort of altruistic reasons, and no amount of fake bloody fetus pictures will convince me otherwise. This is an issue that should be under the control of those who are on the frontline of the babymaking process, and any sort of outside interference has to be clearly justified and warranted.
It's to subjugate women? What altruistic reasons would those be! Bloody baby pictures bug ya huh?
Patriot66 is offline  
Old January 9th, 2017, 09:01 AM   #5
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot66 View Post
It's to subjugate women? What altruistic reasons would those be! Bloody baby pictures bug ya huh?
And you want to keep them barefoot in the kitchen, neanderthal. Freedoms bug ya huh?
RNG is offline  
Old January 26th, 2017, 01:21 PM   #6
Wall-crawler
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,279
Baby killers are still lying, claiming planned parenthood offers mammograms and prenatal care.
webguy4 is offline  
Old January 26th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #7
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Baby killers are still lying, claiming planned parenthood offers mammograms and prenatal care.
You don't have a link for that of course. Most times it's because you are too dense to figure out how to link. But in this case it is because none exists.
RNG is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:02 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
The first line in the Wikipedia entry on Live Action is that it is an anti-abortion organization. Surprise, surprise.
It is anti-abortion, so what?

Planned Parenthood is a pro-abortion website. So is Guttmacher Institute.

And your point?
azchurchmouse is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
You don't have a link for that of course. Most times it's because you are too dense to figure out how to link. But in this case it is because none exists.
All you have to do is to look up any PP office in the country. They will tell you what they provide.

They don't do mammograms.
azchurchmouse is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:09 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
I'm just old enough to remember when abortion was both illegal and punished as a criminal offense. In Canada, the boundaries were smeared for years when a doctor - Henry Morganthaler...went on his own crusade to decriminalize abortion after having to deal with a string of young female patients coming in after botched abortions led to hemorrhaging and other life-threatening conditions. So, he set up his own abortion clinic, helped likeminded physicians set up their own...was prosecuted and acquitted many times by juries who refused to convict/while politicians and police refused to allow the laws be changed. Finally, the whole abortion law was declared unconstitutional by our supreme court, and governments haven't been able to bridge the gaps to draft a new law that can be agreed on by consensus.

Worth noting that, in the no-man's-land that has existed since then on the abortion issue, the numbers of abortions at all stages haven't increased, and there are still so few hospitals performing late or third trimester abortions, that women in smaller, more isolated cities across Canada often have to go the the US OF AAAA to get a late abortion if and when needed for medical reasons.

The worse thing about the so called "pro life" cause is banning abortion is only the first step back to getting women subjugated again and back out of public life completely! Now that abortion has effectively become illegal in so many US states, the next shoe is dropping: declaring oral contraceptives to be abortifacient drugs..and therefore the same as abortion if taken, all because there is a slight risk that they can interfere with an embryo trying to attack itself to the uterine lining and complete the fertilization stage.

No question in my mind that no one at the top of the anti-abortion/anti-birth control movements are not doing it for any sort of altruistic reasons, and no amount of fake bloody fetus pictures will convince me otherwise. This is an issue that should be under the control of those who are on the frontline of the babymaking process, and any sort of outside interference has to be clearly justified and warranted.

"The worse thing about the so called "pro life" cause is banning abortion is only the first step back to getting women subjugated again and back out of public life completely!"

You can't seriously believe this.


"Now that abortion has effectively become illegal in so many US states, the next shoe is dropping: declaring oral contraceptives to be abortifacient drugs..and therefore the same as abortion if taken, all because there is a slight risk that they can interfere with an embryo trying to attack itself to the uterine lining and complete the fertilization stage."

And in what state is abortion illegal? There has been a rapid decline in abortion providers..but that does not mean abortion is illegal.

The scientific fact is that some oral birth control do contain abortifacient. You look at a Physicians Desk Reference for drugs and many are mentioned.
azchurchmouse is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
decisions, emotional, judges, led, lies, roe, wade



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
70% Of Americans Support Roe v Wade skews13 Current Events 17 January 22nd, 2013 07:05 PM
Are most decisions moral decisions? coberst Philosophy 0 July 23rd, 2009 12:41 AM
Today is the anniversary of Roe V. Wade.. OKgrannie Abortion 893 February 12th, 2008 04:47 PM
Roe vs. Wade should be overturned Steven M Abortion 77 September 20th, 2005 04:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.