Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2018, 03:47 PM   #11
Beach Goddess
 
catus felis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: arkansas
Posts: 4,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier88 View Post
& Who knows? Maybe some of the lines of argument have changed? It's only been since 1973 CE, after all ...
A womans right to control her body, free of government interference has changed?
Thanks from goober
catus felis is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NM
Posts: 1,666
There are lots of ideas floating about

Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
A womans right to control her body, free of government interference has changed?
Well, within the framework of Roe v. Wade, that's true. But Roe does allow the state to exert its interest, beginning in the second trimester & culminating in the third. & of course biomedical technology advances will likely increasingly impact the notion of viability of the fetus.

The other possibilities on the horizon are another woman carrying the fetus to term, or possibly cross-species carrying the fetus to term, or even an artificial uterus to carry the fetus to term. So potentially, there's a lot to discuss.

We'll see how it all pans out.
hoosier88 is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:38 PM   #13
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
JUDAS!! Do we REALLY have to have this conversation AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
Yes, we do. Because a certain segment of the population is going to continue to wrap that package in a different paper and pretend that that causes a different item to be in the box.
You guys cant be surprised that this topic comes up again and again can you? If you are then you really don't understand their argument.
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:43 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You guys cant be surprised that this topic comes up again and again can you? If you are then you really don't understand their argument.
Yeah, but then they don't really understand the other side's argument either.

There is a reasonable compromise on this issue.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:48 PM   #15
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Yeah, but then they don't really understand the other side's argument either.

There is a reasonable compromise on this issue.

What is that?

Its tough as it is an emotional argument from both sides. I do not see a logical compromise.
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 10:14 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
What is that?

Its tough as it is an emotional argument from both sides. I do not see a logical compromise.
Common Sab, what's the course of action that allows every person to retain their unalienable rights?
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:12 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Kode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bombastic View Post
Two women get pregnant at the same time. At 28 weeks, one woman has a premature birth. She then kills her baby and goes to prison for murder. The other women kills her baby at 28 weeks, while it's still in the womb. No one says anything about it. No charges are filed. Once again, the babies are the same age. Should the woman who had the abortion also be charged with murder?

BTW, this is not a hypothetical scenario. It actually happened. I want to know how the Left can justify charging one woman with murder and not the other.
The law.
Kode is offline  
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:22 PM   #18
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 35,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Please remind me. What did Jesus teach about abortion?
The bible.. addresses the unborn

The Call of Jeremiah
4The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
5“Before I formed you in the womb I knewa you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”


You are a Christian so the unborn Child was called by God..

There was an attempt to abort him...


16But let that man be like the cities Which the LORD overthrew without relenting, And let him hear an outcry in the morning And a shout of alarm at noon; 17Because he did not kill me before birth, So that my mother would have been my grave, And her womb ever pregnant.
TNVolunteer73 is online now  
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:25 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
The bible.. addresses the unborn

The Call of Jeremiah
4The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
5“Before I formed you in the womb I knewa you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”


You are a Christian so the unborn Child was called by God..

There was an attempt to abort him...


16But let that man be like the cities Which the LORD overthrew without relenting, And let him hear an outcry in the morning And a shout of alarm at noon; 17Because he did not kill me before birth, So that my mother would have been my grave, And her womb ever pregnant.
The question I asked and you didn't answer:

What did Jesus teach about abortion?
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 1st, 2018, 07:07 PM   #20
patriot
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Common Sab, what's the course of action that allows every person to retain their unalienable rights?
What about the inalienable rights of the unborn child? TNVolunteer73's Biblical reference clearly reveals the origin of the Judeo-Christian belief that the unborn are indeed persons. I believe it. Most of my friends believe it. Most Protestant denominations affirm this. It remains the official position of the Catholic church. I can't speak for the Jewish faith, but I know one rabbi who firmly believed the sanctity of all human life begins at conception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The question I asked and you didn't answer:

What did Jesus teach about abortion?
Jesus taught the Law of the Prophets, including "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13) by way of, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." (Matthew 5:17-20) He also taught the scriptures, meaning Jesus taught the Biblical reference to which TNVolunteer73 mentioned, that the unborn are indeed persons.

I think the more pertinent question is, "At what juncture would a human being forfeit their inalienable right to life?" There is no such action a baby can perform in the womb. Throughout nearly all human civilizations, however, certain crimes have long been punishable by death.

Murder is one such crime, and up until the middle of the 20th century, abortion was considered murder of the unborn person.

That's entirely consistent with what Jesus taught (see above).
mugaliens is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
abortion, question, support



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for the Anti-Abortion Crowd foundit66 Abortion 49 April 5th, 2018 09:11 AM
Question for Abortion Proponents Chuz Life Abortion 214 February 10th, 2016 03:33 PM
Majority of Women Support National Ban on Late-Term Abortion...What Would Europe Do?! Uncle Han Current Events 21 October 24th, 2013 05:07 AM
5 Senators Who Support Immigration Bill Don't Know Answer to Key Question About It sovereignman Current Events 0 June 26th, 2013 04:58 AM
Giuliani reaffirms abortion rights support CNN Current Events 3 May 15th, 2007 04:35 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.