Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Abortion Abortion Forum - A complex ethical, moral, philosophical, biological, and legal issue

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:00 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
OKgrannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 572
fertilized egg is a person??

Can the average voter distinguish between a person and a fertilized egg?



Anti-abortion measure OK'd for Colo. ballot

"Anti-abortion measure OK'd for Colo. ballot



By DAN ELLIOTT

ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

DENVER -- A proposed state constitutional amendment defining a fertilized human egg as a person was certified Thursday for the November ballot, moving Colorado a step closer to an election battle over abortion rights....."Defining an egg as a person in our constitution and statutes isn't science-based and makes bad public policy," said Crystal Clinkenbeard, a spokeswoman for an organization called Protect Families Protect Choices, which opposes the measure:
OKgrannie is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 25,749
In most cases a fertilized egg is the result of two very stupid and young people that are incapable of caring for a child. In the black ghettos, it is the result of one woman when multilple fathers. All you stringy-haired social worker types who think this is not a problem should be the first in line to adopt these children in need. Of course, you won't do that, because most of them are black.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,113
What's ironic is that Black women also have more abortions too. WTF is going on in the ghetto? I blame Black popular music.
fxashun is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
AlicornsPrayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Illinois-Home of Popey
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxashun
What's ironic is that Black women also have more abortions too. WTF is going on in the ghetto? I blame Black popular music.




Actually, Knot posted a link a few weeks ago that said WHITE women have more abortions...Not Black women, but WHITE women. Abortion Statistics - US Stats by Race.
AlicornsPrayer is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,113
Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

• Black women are 4.8 times as likely as non-Hispanic white women to have an abortion, and Hispanic women are 2.7 times as likely.[7]



That's what I meant.



I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.
fxashun is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:55 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
AlicornsPrayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Illinois-Home of Popey
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxashun
Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

Black women are 4.8 times as likely as non-Hispanic white women to have an abortion, and Hispanic women are 2.7 times as likely.[7]



That's what I meant.



I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.


Even being more specific in comparing thier stats to other MINORITY stats still doesn't make your position any clearer though FX...



You said Black women have more abortions, period. And they simply do not because with ALL the minority groups put together (that's Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. together), the racial group that has the most abortions ARE white women.



White women are twice as likely to abort then all the other racial groups put together. PERIOD.



Basically, you were under the assumption that blacks had more...And when you discovered that wasn't the case, you decided you needed to find a way to say they did then, and grabbed onto them being higher then another group of people...



So although they may be more likely to have an abortion compared to Hispanic women, they do not have the majority of abortions at all...Whites hold that #1 spot...Not Blacks or any other racial group.
AlicornsPrayer is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:07 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
OnTheLeft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKgrannie
Can the average voter distinguish between a person and a fertilized egg?



Anti-abortion measure OK'd for Colo. ballot

"Anti-abortion measure OK'd for Colo. ballot



By DAN ELLIOTT

ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

DENVER -- A proposed state constitutional amendment defining a fertilized human egg as a person was certified Thursday for the November ballot, moving Colorado a step closer to an election battle over abortion rights....."Defining an egg as a person in our constitution and statutes isn't science-based and makes bad public policy," said Crystal Clinkenbeard, a spokeswoman for an organization called Protect Families Protect Choices, which opposes the measure:
This is just another disgusting attempt by the anti-choice crowd to detour around Roe and force gestation on women who don't want to be pregnant. I hope the people of Colorado see this proposed amendment for what it is and vote it down with a resounding majority.
OnTheLeft is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:08 AM   #8
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicornsPrayer
Even being more specific in comparing thier stats to other MINORITY stats still doesn't make your position any clearer though FX...



You said Black women have more abortions, period. And they simply do not because with ALL the minority groups put together (that's Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. together), the racial group that has the most abortions ARE white women.



White women are twice as likely to abort then all the other racial groups put together. PERIOD.



Basically, you were under the assumption that blacks had more...And when you discovered that wasn't the case, you decided you needed to find a way to say they did then, and grabbed onto them being higher then another group of people...



So although they may be more likely to have an abortion compared to Hispanic women, they do not have the majority of abortions at all...Whites hold that #1 spot...Not Blacks or any other racial group.
Let's see that in writing. There you go telling me what I assumed. I've told you about that before. You have a hard enough time figuring what YOU think, last thing you need to start doing is trying to think for someone else. So let's see your opinion presented, here other sources stating the epidemic of abortions in the black community.



Planned Parenthood clinics kill more Blacks than the Ku Klux Klan

About 13 percent of American women are black, but they

submit to over 35 percent of the abortions.



http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-hendershott013103.asp

The most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control indicate that while 56 percent of all women who obtained legal abortions were white, the abortion rate (the number of abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 per year) for black women was 2.9 times that of white women. For every thousand black women, 32 have abortions, as compared with 11 for every thousand white women. Likewise with numbers of abortions per 1,000 births: The abortions/births ratio for white women was 184 abortions per 1,000 live births; for black women, it was 543 abortions per 1,000 births. This means that abortion ratios for black women were 2.8 times greater than those for white women.



Your turn.





fxashun is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
AlicornsPrayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Illinois-Home of Popey
Posts: 4,196
Gods dang it all to heck...My response got accidentally deleted. Nothing worse then having your mother interrupt you while doing an edit...



Anyways I don't remember what my original response was so I'll do a summary...



FX, white women are twice as likely to have an abortion then all minority groups put together.



Although you claim now that you were unspecific in your original argument and ment they had more then another group, it still doesn't equate to them having the majority of abortions.



Unfortunately, white women hold that top honor. I'm sure that state to state the figures may be different between the racial groups...But national figures do show that the majority of those women that do get abortions, are white.
AlicornsPrayer is offline  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
AlicornsPrayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Illinois-Home of Popey
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxashun
Let's see that in writing. There you go telling me what I assumed. I've told you about that before. You have a hard enough time figuring what YOU think, last thing you need to start doing is trying to think for someone else. So let's see your opinion presented, here other sources stating the epidemic of abortions in the black community.



Planned Parenthood clinics kill more Blacks than the Ku Klux Klan




No need to refute your 'proof' there FX...Just seeing WHO'S making the claims says it all...That it's trash and propaganda at it's best....



ROTFLMAOL!!!



By the way...Thank you for rescuing my post. THANKS!!!
AlicornsPrayer is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Abortion

Tags
egg, fertilized, person

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was Jesus a real person?? hevusa Religion 43 February 22nd, 2006 11:34 AM
This Guy is the type of Person We NEED! NoMoreDems-Reps Politicians 37 January 10th, 2006 09:06 AM
Anyone know who this person is? RidinHighSpeeds Politicians 38 May 31st, 2005 04:12 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.