Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Africa


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #41
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Unfortunately some people can't see the forest for the trees. It isn't only Islam that holds what it defines as sinful behavior as contemptable to those who are dedicated to their practising their faiths along a strict or conservative interpretation of their doctrine. All three major religions are the same on that when looking at it from a strictly doctrinal point of view. How could they not be? They all worship the same God!



The only difference is that in our country, religion isn't running our government (yet) and we as a secular functioning government don't have to fear jail or death if we aren't following the doctrine of a certain interpretation of a certain faith. .
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Unfortunately some people can't see the forest for the trees. It isn't only Islam that holds what it defines as sinful behavior as contemptable to those who are dedicated to their practising their faiths along a strict or conservative interpretation of their doctrine. All three major religions are the same on that when looking at it from a strictly doctrinal point of view. How could they not be? They all worship the same God!



The only difference is that in our country, religion isn't running our government (yet) and we as a secular functioning government don't have to fear jail or death if we aren't following the doctrine of a certain interpretation of a certain faith. .


The theologian/idiot savant strikes again. Any time anyone brings up Islam, you get the same trite response: the other religions do it too.



So, how is Islam different? Simple - it is the only religion where a major component practices terrorism (yes, I know there was the murder of abortionist Dr. what-the-fuck which is why I said "major"). There have been major Islamist motivated terrorist attacks, with a seriously high death toll, all around the world. Islamists, who are significant in number, push for Islamic governments.



If you think Islam isn't different at the present time from other religions, then you really are naive, if not imbecelic.
leighredf is offline  
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #43
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
The Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, right wing fringe wacky pack thinks exactly the same way some here do about calling all Muslims scum and not respecting the fact that any religion if allowed power of rule, becomes exactly what we have seen over and over again throughout history. Tyrannical murderous regimes.
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #44
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighredf View Post
You really cannot be that fucking stupid. Seriously, are you that ignorant of the Muslim religion. Let's take the easy example: gay rights. Go read from one of the 1000's of muslim websites about homosexuality. Find a mainstream one. They profess to be against everything you progressives are supposedly for on gay rights.



That's why I say you are a pussy. Only someone who is scared of Islam would be such an apologist for a religion that is generally against everything progressives say they stand for.



The people who stand up to Islam are the ones who are not scared. They aren't intimidated by the p.c. crowd, or the Muslim "we're a religion of peace" p.r. machine.



Get your head out of your ass.


You know leighredf there's allot of Christians that don't favor gay rights in this country and around the world. There's a political party called the republicans who don't either so what's your point. Yes people do get killed for being gay in SOME parts of the middle east but that's not the case in the U.S. (as much). I've never said I was an apologist for the Muslim religion, I'm just stating the facts about how the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't want an Islamic state derp. So if you're not a pussy leighredf why can't you admit to that fact? I guess we all can see who's the bigger pussy around here huh (No I'm serious look at your avatar leighredf)





And I'm still waiting for your answer to my question, do you think it the majority of Muslims, minority of Muslims, or is it all Muslims that stand against everything progressive? And is it the majority of Muslims, minority of Muslims, or is it all Muslims that you don't like?

Fayt is offline  
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
The Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, right wing fringe wacky pack thinks exactly the same way some here do about calling all Muslims scum and not respecting the fact that any religion if allowed power of rule, becomes exactly what we have seen over and over again throughout history. Tyrannical murderous regimes.


When all else fails, bring up "she's talking like she's a talk radio host." Fallacious response, as usual. You can't even offer any reason why Beck or Limbaugh is wrong about Islam. You just know that someone in the media calls them fringe guys.



Instead, why don't you try to explain how your so called progressive beliefs are remotely consistent with the principles of mainstream Islam?



No specifics. No facts. Just the same babbling bullshit.
Thanks from Truth Detector
leighredf is offline  
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #46
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,796
lol my progressive beliefs are not even remotely consistent with the principles of mainstream conservatives. And the conservatives on the radio incite violence almost just the same as radical like Osama Ben Laden (just not to that level a course) It's called stochastic terrorism.
Fayt is offline  
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
lol my progressive beliefs are not even remotely consistent with the principles of mainstream conservatives. And the conservatives on the radio incite violence almost just the same as radical like Osama Ben Laden (just not to that level a course) It's called statistics terrorism.


And Barack Obama is almost as bad as Adolf Hitler - it is called western country leadership.
leighredf is offline  
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #48
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighredf View Post
And Barack Obama is almost as bad as Adolf Hitler - it is called western country leadership.


And I guess Bush was the pope huh? To equate anybody to Hitler is whack. If you're not going to listen to right wing radio and T.V. only as entertainment leighredf then you shouldn't listen to it at all.
Fayt is offline  
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
And I guess Bush was the pope huh? To equate anybody to Hitler is whack. If you're not going to listen to right wing radio and T.V. only as entertainment leighredf then you shouldn't listen to it at all.




I was responding to your ludicrous comparison of talk show hosts and Osama Bin Laden both inciting violence at equivalent levels, which is just as "whack" as the Hitler/Bush and Hitler/Obama comparisons.



Your last sentence made no sense. I don't listent to talk radio at all so the last clause ("shouldn't listen to it at all") makes no sense. You watch TV and listen to radio, and the double negative ... I assume you meant I shouldn't watch TV if I only do so for entertainment purposes. Television isn't exactly the best source of news.
leighredf is offline  
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,742
I heard Dianne Feinstein expressing concerns about Egypt and the role of Islamists. She was concerned, but "wasn't sure" where everything was going to end up.



I sent her office an email, telling her that WT says that there is no chance of Islamists taking over in Egypt.





leighredf is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Africa

Tags
antigovernment, egypt, holding, protester, sign



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Islam Injecting Itself Into Egypt's Government leighredf Middle East 65 October 1st, 2013 02:41 AM
Lady Gaga Confronts Anti-Gay Protester Outside Concert PaperAlchemist Gay and Lesbian Rights 0 April 7th, 2011 09:53 PM
Lazy Overpaid Government Workers Rise Up Egypt Style leighredf Current Events 180 February 24th, 2011 10:26 AM
Protester's Street-Level View Of Egypt's Unrest npr Current Events 1 January 29th, 2011 10:24 AM
Church wants to post Anti-Santa Sign tadpole256 Religion 11 September 25th, 2009 04:33 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.