Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Africa


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #71
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,741
Interesting, but we will just going to have to wait and see.
Fayt is offline  
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #72
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Interesting, but we will just going to have to wait and see.




Leigh - How about dinner at Pappagallos?



Fayt - start saving!
garysher is offline  
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post


Leigh - How about dinner at Pappagallos?



Fayt - start saving!


Here's from Time: "It may take six months to a year to organize a presidential election, analysts and party leaders say, but many predict that Mubarak's replacement will be the first Egyptian President chosen in a genuinely competitive election." The two T's are the only people who think they will have an election in sixty days. Only in the progressive dream world will this be some simple deal. They both need way more Art of War and far less Love Train.



Personally, I would rather see dictatotships friendly to us in the Middle East than some hostile, anti-Western democracy. I believe in self-preservation. I don't believe in having more enemies. Most Middle Easterners hate us, that's the cold reality. I always said Bush never should have deposed Saddam. He could keep Iraqis in line.



Now, I'm all for an uprising in Iran, and it is probably coming. Iran is far more fractured than people think.
leighredf is offline  
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #74
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighredf View Post
Here's from Time: "It may take six months to a year to organize a presidential election, analysts and party leaders say, but many predict that Mubarak's replacement will be the first Egyptian President chosen in a genuinely competitive election." The two T's are the only people who think they will have an election in sixty days. Only in the progressive dream world will this be some simple deal. They both need way more Art of War and far less Love Train.



Personally, I would rather see dictatotships friendly to us in the Middle East than some hostile, anti-Western democracy. I believe in self-preservation. I don't believe in having more enemies. Most Middle Easterners hate us, that's the cold reality. I always said Bush never should have deposed Saddam. He could keep Iraqis in line.



Now, I'm all for an uprising in Iran, and it is probably coming. Iran is far more fractured than people think.


Some people think Bush deserves credit for whats happened in Egypt because he introduced democracy in Iraq.



I assume Egyptians will be voting for whats best for them and won't be thinking about whats best for America

garysher is offline  
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher View Post


Some people think Bush deserves credit for whats happened in Egypt because he introduced democracy in Iraq.



I assume Egyptians will be voting for whats best for them and won't be thinking about whats best for America

What's best for America is best for the World!
roastpork is offline  
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #76
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post




Yes we can too, eh? This is a good thing. This isn't an islamic movement, this is a people's revolution and we should all be behind them and hope that they get the change that they hope for.
Wow I think so too.. Muslims know how to put women in their place. (Sarcasm)
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:15 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway80west View Post
After listening to an interview with an Egyptian, he was correct. They don't make enough money. As they don't make enough money to live on, they can't get married in order to be able to support a spouse and a family.



Egypt may not be as religious, despite some of the citizens being a Coptic Christian. I hate to see a new government and ordering their citizens to become more religious, as the Taliban was in Afghanistan prior to the US invading them back in 2001.
They need to start building pyramids again, and encouraging tourism and belly dancing. They should have kept their infrastructure in good condition, instead of destroying most of it and raiding all those tombs.
roastpork is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:17 AM   #78
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Anti-Morsi protests: Tourists warned against travelling to Egypt as seven people are killed | Mail Online
excalibur is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM   #79
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Yes, they are again having a revolution. And the army is supporting them. Their Islamist president is not meeting their requirements and they want him gone. They want to be more secular.
waitingtables is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:30 PM   #80
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post




Yes we can too, eh? This is a good thing. This isn't an islamic movement, this is a people's revolution and we should all be behind them and hope that they get the change that they hope for.
You're right this is an overthrow of the Arab Spring revolution ...


Funny Arab Spring that put radicalsin power was supported by Obama saying let the people decide.

Now Obama is refusing to support the peoples' fight to free themselves from IslamaFacists.
Thanks from Truth Detector
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Africa

Tags
antigovernment, egypt, holding, protester, sign



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Islam Injecting Itself Into Egypt's Government leighredf Middle East 65 October 1st, 2013 01:41 AM
Lady Gaga Confronts Anti-Gay Protester Outside Concert PaperAlchemist Gay and Lesbian Rights 0 April 7th, 2011 08:53 PM
Lazy Overpaid Government Workers Rise Up Egypt Style leighredf Current Events 180 February 24th, 2011 09:26 AM
Protester's Street-Level View Of Egypt's Unrest npr Current Events 1 January 29th, 2011 09:24 AM
Church wants to post Anti-Santa Sign tadpole256 Religion 11 September 25th, 2009 03:33 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.