Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree48Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1
Post Give America a Raise

While the well to do have their lobbyists, the ordinary American citizen can only count on his or her vote. However this vote has lately been diluted by these same lobbyists who make the interests of their fine clients supersede those of the working poor.
So I created a petition to The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate, which says:Give America a Raise
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
MoveOn Petitions - Give America a raise

"America's working poor are not asking for equality in pay but just a fair living wage! - See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/other/give-america-a-raise-/138572#sthash.hnuXVqzy.dpuf";
Thanks from intangible child and Camelot
Iborian is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #2
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,521
yeah, raise the minimum wage, put more people outta work, that'll help. (sarcasm)
webguy4 is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:38 AM   #3
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
The minimum wage is earned by a tiny percentage of overall workers.

The true reason Obama is pounding this is for his cronies in the unions, many of whom get automatic raises for the sole reason that their contracts are tied to the minimum wage.



.
Thanks from webguy4
excalibur is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #4
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,921
Camelot is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iborian View Post
While the well to do have their lobbyists, the ordinary American citizen can only count on his or her vote. However this vote has lately been diluted by these same lobbyists who make the interests of their fine clients supersede those of the working poor.
So I created a petition to The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate, which says:Give America a Raise
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
MoveOn Petitions - Give America a raise

"America's working poor are not asking for equality in pay but just a fair living wage! - See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/other/give-america-a-raise-/138572#sthash.hnuXVqzy.dpuf";
You should have put more energy into an education than wasting your time with a petition like this...
Thanks from TNVolunteer73
Tony is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #6
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iborian View Post
While the well to do have their lobbyists, the ordinary American citizen can only count on his or her vote. However this vote has lately been diluted by these same lobbyists who make the interests of their fine clients supersede those of the working poor.
So I created a petition to The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate, which says:Give America a Raise
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
MoveOn Petitions - Give America a raise

"America's working poor are not asking for equality in pay but just a fair living wage! - See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/other/give-america-a-raise-/138572#sthash.hnuXVqzy.dpuf";
\\\


How do you give people a raise when people don't have JOBS!


Obama's policies have cost us 11,000,000 Full time jobs over the last 5 years.

He has made jobs disappear faster than David Copperfield
Thanks from sgtdmski and Tony
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
\\\


How do you give people a raise when people don't have JOBS!


Obama's policies have cost us 11,000,000 Full time jobs over the last 5 years.

He has made jobs disappear faster than David Copperfield
OUCH!!! True...
Tony is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
\\\


How do you give people a raise when people don't have JOBS!


Obama's policies have cost us 11,000,000 Full time jobs over the last 5 years.

He has made jobs disappear faster than David Copperfield


And of course TV just keeps beating that dead horse !!! IT's ALLLLLLLL Obama's fault isn't it TV ???

And as usual he completely ignores the fact that the economy TANKED before Obama was elected. In fact, the sorry state of the economy was part of WHY Obama got elected.

NO NO NO NO Bush had absolutely nothing to do with those lost jobs. Except that at least half of them disappeared before Obama took office.
Thanks from Camelot
BubbaJones is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #9
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And of course TV just keeps beating that dead horse !!! IT's ALLLLLLLL Obama's fault isn't it TV ???

And as usual he completely ignores the fact that the economy TANKED before Obama was elected. In fact, the sorry state of the economy was part of WHY Obama got elected.

NO NO NO NO Bush had absolutely nothing to do with those lost jobs. Except that at least half of them disappeared before Obama took office.
Nope never said that, it was a democrat senate and house that passed these economic policies, (with exception of TARP Obama signed every one of them into law).


I opposed bailouts and stimulus when the WHITE guy with an R in his name was in office.

it is the policies not the person I oppose.


if you go back and find video of the TEA Party protests against TARP in DC, you just might see my face on video. this was SEPT 2008 Obama was still a senator..

Bush FUed with TARP, but the problem is OBAMA DOUBLED DOWN with Stimulus and then doubled down again Omnibus Spending Bill of 2009

Last edited by TNVolunteer73; February 16th, 2014 at 02:16 PM.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 16th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And of course TV just keeps beating that dead horse !!! IT's ALLLLLLLL Obama's fault isn't it TV ???

And as usual he completely ignores the fact that the economy TANKED before Obama was elected. In fact, the sorry state of the economy was part of WHY Obama got elected.

NO NO NO NO Bush had absolutely nothing to do with those lost jobs. Except that at least half of them disappeared before Obama took office.
Show the numbers between the tanked economy before Obama was elected and the recovery five years later we are in now.
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
america, give, raise



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks For The Raise America Podium Pentothal Current Events 46 December 24th, 2012 07:05 AM
Fiscal Fitness: Give Yourself a $200 Raise Right Now highway80west Money and Finance 2 January 20th, 2010 04:25 PM
Gay Penguins Raise Chick hevusa Gay and Lesbian Rights 253 June 30th, 2009 02:01 PM
Give Me Candy or Give Me Death intangible child Crime and Punishment 3 November 5th, 2008 09:33 AM
Edwards needs to raise cash for '08 CNN Current Events 2 December 7th, 2006 05:52 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.