Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree118Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #61
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I think you are misinformed about the number of people who want to work. Where did you get that number?? Trump has thrown that number around and it's completely inaccurate.
"For one, it includes lots of people who likely aren’t looking for work. It includes every American of retirement age -- 65 and older. It includes every high-school student at least 16 years of age. It includes every college and many graduate or professional-school students. It includes every person who has a disability that makes it impossible for them to work. It includes parents who are choosing to stay home to take care of their kids. It includes every adult who’s gone back to school full-time. It even includes trust-fund kids who are living off investments." Politifact
Mr. Clara and I have two sons who fall into the "unemployed" Trump is talking about. No. 1 son is back to school at the age of 43 to get his master's. No. 2 son married, moved to Wyoming and started a small cabinet making business and is a home inspector. He's working, but falls in the cracks of the statistics. He's also Mr. Mom.
Our society has shifted. Not everyone needs to work. Not everyone wants to work. Not everyone applies for mainstream jobs.
not really.
Thanks from coke
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 08:23 PM   #62
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I think you are misinformed about the number of people who want to work. Where did you get that number?? Trump has thrown that number around and it's completely inaccurate.
"For one, it includes lots of people who likely aren’t looking for work. It includes every American of retirement age -- 65 and older. It includes every high-school student at least 16 years of age. It includes every college and many graduate or professional-school students. It includes every person who has a disability that makes it impossible for them to work. It includes parents who are choosing to stay home to take care of their kids. It includes every adult who’s gone back to school full-time. It even includes trust-fund kids who are living off investments." Politifact
Mr. Clara and I have two sons who fall into the "unemployed" Trump is talking about. No. 1 son is back to school at the age of 43 to get his master's. No. 2 son married, moved to Wyoming and started a small cabinet making business and is a home inspector. He's working, but falls in the cracks of the statistics. He's also Mr. Mom.
Our society has shifted. Not everyone needs to work. Not everyone wants to work. Not everyone applies for mainstream jobs.
Great post Clara. But you need to remember that some of the RWNJs on this site (I'm being kind) are impervious to fact.
Thanks from imaginethat, coke and Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 11:18 PM   #63
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
How about they pay enough to balance the budget?
1 you grow the economy.

2. if you have everyone paying, everyone is going REALLY care what their taxes are being spent.. (it will force the right and the left to be fiscally respsonsible).

more people that pay little or nothing.. don't really care how it is spent, it isn't their dime.
Thanks from coke
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 11:19 PM   #64
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Coke, I was talking about the current tax brackets.


I get the whole flat tax thing. My point is that a flat tax will decrease this nation's revenue.
Prove it. Show me the math. I wish it would decrease revenue to the government. The sequester was one of the best budgets the fed has had in decades
coke is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 11:20 PM   #65
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
How about they pay enough to balance the budget?
How about the fed quit spending more than they have
Thanks from Twisted Sister
coke is offline  
Old April 9th, 2016, 01:39 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
How about the fed quit spending more than they have
It is like riding a tiger. Once you climb on the tiger you can't get off because the tiger will eat you.
Thanks from imaginethat and coke
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old April 9th, 2016, 04:50 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Prove it. Show me the math. I wish it would decrease revenue to the government. The sequester was one of the best budgets the fed has had in decades


I DID explain the math in a previous post, but here it is in a nutshell. Right now the highest earners pay 39.6%. The lowest earners pay 10%. If everyone pays 15%? That's a BIG decrease in revenue.
I realize that you aren't a government fan, but perhaps you don't realize the benefits government provides: national security/military/veteran's benefits, highways, schools, Medicare/Social Security, medical research, etc.
Thanks from coke
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 9th, 2016, 08:34 AM   #68
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I DID explain the math in a previous post, but here it is in a nutshell. Right now the highest earners pay 39.6%. The lowest earners pay 10%. If everyone pays 15%? That's a BIG decrease in revenue.
I realize that you aren't a government fan, but perhaps you don't realize the benefits government provides: national security/military/veteran's benefits, highways, schools, Medicare/Social Security, medical research, etc.
No. You made a statement. I am not sure you know what a flat tax is. No one pays 39.6%. No one. Now show me the math. I showed the math for 15%.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
coke is offline  
Old April 9th, 2016, 08:37 AM   #69
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I DID explain the math in a previous post, but here it is in a nutshell. Right now the highest earners pay 39.6%. The lowest earners pay 10%. If everyone pays 15%? That's a BIG decrease in revenue.
I realize that you aren't a government fan, but perhaps you don't realize the benefits government provides: national security/military/veteran's benefits, highways, schools, Medicare/Social Security, medical research, etc.
I realize what the government does. Cut the my god the children, the seniors, the my god people will die act. Remember sequester? Yeah none of that happened. Roll that smoke and blow it up someone else's ass. Meanwhile we need to spend 3 million to research why lesbians are fat. Good government indeed

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
coke is offline  
Old April 9th, 2016, 12:30 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Prove it. Show me the math. I wish it would decrease revenue to the government. The sequester was one of the best budgets the fed has had in decades

Here's some math.

The top 25% of earners bring home 70% of all income. All of them are in the 25% or higher tax bracket.

The remaining 30% of income earners are already in the 15% or 10% brackets.

So lets say the total AGI for the nation is $1,000.

The 25% earn $700 taxed at (after deductions) an average of 20% or $140

The bottom 75% earn $300. Let's say half don't pay any taxes at all, and half after deductions pay 10% or $15.

Total taxes collected, $155

Now let's cut the top 25% down to 15% or $105

Now lets tax the bottom 30% at 15% or $45

Total tax collected $150

Lasts years total revenue was $1.1 trillion dollars. We had a $445 Billion dollar deficit.

Revenue under the flat tax would have been $ 1.056 Billion. We would have had a $500 Billion dollar deficit.

A small difference but still less taxes collected. However taking $4000 away from a person than only makes $30,000 means he will spent less on food, clothing, housing and cars, taking that money directly out of the economy. I think the down stream effects of taxing the poor will not be offset buy the extra money kept by the higher incomes.
Thanks from coke and Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
thought, turns, vile



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The war on america turns 50 BigLibSB Current Events 32 October 3rd, 2015 12:09 PM
The 1%'s Vile New War on Us All LongWinded Current Events 12 June 24th, 2015 03:35 PM
Explain To Me How 666 Turns To 616 dusty Conspiracy Theories 72 June 26th, 2013 09:16 AM
Vile Voice Mails Cost Agency $1.5 Million highway80west Money and Finance 0 June 3rd, 2010 08:25 AM
Turns Out I may be a Militia Member... tadpole256 Freedom of Speech 3 March 24th, 2009 12:46 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.