Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree72Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #111
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
If you want to make another of your hackneyed and unqualified opinions regarding the Supreme Court, then you will need to pick a ruling and defend it on the merits and pick any statement my me regarding a Supreme Court opinion and write out your reason why I and incorrect. You also need to explain why these expert and learned justices have polar opposite opinions regarding the Constitution.
I don't need to say you are wrong. Qualified experts, the SC justices say you are wrong. The best opinion available.

As I said, whose opinion counts? Not yours.
Thanks from Daws77
RNG is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:16 PM   #112
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I don't need to say you are wrong. Qualified experts, the SC justices say you are wrong. The best opinion available.

As I said, whose opinion counts? Not yours.
If you cannot provide the evidence that each Supreme Court ruling says that I am wrong, then you are lying about that again. So produce that evidence that my opinions and the justices whose opinions align with mine are not qualified.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #113
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
If you cannot provide the evidence that each Supreme Court ruling says that I am wrong, then you are lying about that again. So produce that evidence that my opinions and the justices whose opinions align with mine are not qualified.
Spin, dodge and blather all you want. Enjoy.
RNG is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Spin, dodge and blather all you want. Enjoy.
You are only embarrassing yourself again. It is humorous.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
I love it when you tantrum!
Is the old school Marm at it AGAIN?
Careful now, you better answer or she will make you clean the blackboard after class.
Thanks from Daws77
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I just found out that a Supreme Court opinion has no weight because it is just the justices' personal opinions.
A majority opinion, a minority opinion or a dissenting opinion?

Don't be silly, we have enough dumbfuckery floating around this place.
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Not according to one of the resident trolls. All opinions are personal, and personal opinions carry no weight.
You're simply playing the fool now. Looks good on you kid, natural.
Thanks from Daws77
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 20th, 2017, 07:24 AM   #118
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
If you want to make another of your hackneyed and unqualified opinions regarding the Supreme Court, then you will need to pick a ruling and defend it on the merits and pick any statement my me regarding a Supreme Court opinion and write out your reason why I and incorrect. You also need to explain why these expert and learned justices have polar opposite opinions regarding the Constitution.
Deflection!
Daws77 is offline  
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:05 AM   #119
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Madison on church and state

Madison's summary of the First Amendment:
Congress should not establish a religion and enforce the legal observation of it by law, nor compel men to worship God in any manner contary to their conscience, or that one sect might obtain a pre-eminence, or two combined together, and establish a religion to which they would compel others to conform (Annals of Congress, Sat Aug 15th, 1789 pages 730 - 731).
Against establishment of religion
The experience of the United States is a happy disproof of the error so long rooted in the unenlightened minds of well-meaning Christians, as well as in the corrupt hearts of persecuting usurpers, that without a legal incorporation of religious and civil polity, neither could be supported. A mutual independence is found most friendly to practical Religion, to social harmony, and to political prosperity (Letter to F.L. Schaeffer, Dec 3, 1821).
Daws77 is offline  
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:34 AM   #120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
It is fantastic when a liberal has no idea what they post: supports the Protestant protection purpose of Article VI's no religious test clause, and the use of the term "national" was shot down because it would refer to the federal govenment as a national government, which is a statist necessity.
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
church, madison, state



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Church and State? and what they want US to believe! intangible child Americas 0 January 22nd, 2016 12:26 PM
Church and State ? azchurchmouse Americas 222 December 26th, 2013 09:11 AM
Seperation of Church and State Nwolfe35 Political Talk 26 March 11th, 2013 07:46 PM
The State Ruling The Church Tony Perkins Christianity 98 February 2nd, 2012 11:00 PM
Church, State, Constitution hillhopper Opinion Polls 42 July 26th, 2009 05:01 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.