Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree51Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2017, 07:13 PM   #1
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 6,096
Trump ignorant about NATO

After Trump tweets embarrassingly inaccurate info, former NATO ambassador publicly educates Trump

The liar trump doesn't know the first thing about NATO much like most of the right wing in this country.
GhostRider is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:21 AM   #2
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Oh, look now twitter is the reputable news source. I guess as long as it fits the Socialist/communist narrative
Thanks from caconservative
coke is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:41 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
After Trump tweets embarrassingly inaccurate info, former NATO ambassador publicly educates Trump

The liar trump doesn't know the first thing about NATO much like most of the right wing in this country.


Once again King Twit comes up with an unrecognizable message. So is he implying that Germany OWES the U.S. "vast sums of money" because the U.S. paid more for national defense than Germany?
NATO also asks its members to spend at least 2 percent of their GDP on national defense. The U.S. has routinely budgeted between 3 percent and 5 percent of GDP for defense. But like many other NATO countries -- including Canada, Spain, and Italy -- Germany hasn't been spending 2 percent of its GDP on defense.
But Merkel affirmed Friday, the nation has promised to meet the 2 percent threshold for the next seven years at least. "We committed to this 2 percent goal until 2024," she told reporters during a joint press conference at the White House.
Technically, Germany doesn't owe NATO money. Rather, the nation owes it to the alliance to spend more on its own national defense.
AND atta boy, Don. Embarrass, humiliate and shame our allies. Makes for great bedfellows. YOU ARE A MORON!
Thanks from GhostRider
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:54 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Oh, look now twitter is the reputable news source. I guess as long as it fits the Socialist/communist narrative
That's it??? This is the big plan of the morons on the RW?
Simply label anything negative about Donny The Dumbfuck as part of the "Socialist/communist narrative?" That or "fake news?"

You people really are morons.
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 06:25 AM   #5
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
That's it??? This is the big plan of the morons on the RW?
Simply label anything negative about Donny The Dumbfuck as part of the "Socialist/communist narrative?" That or "fake news?"

You people really are morons.
Well, I guess the morons have control of how many State Legislatures again? The Senate. The House. The White House. Soon the supreme court. You was saying something about morons?
coke is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 06:34 AM   #6
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
That's it??? This is the big plan of the morons on the RW?
Simply label anything negative about Donny The Dumbfuck as part of the "Socialist/communist narrative?" That or "fake news?"

You people really are morons.
This shit for brains President has made twitter a news source and his shit for brains followers use it as a news source.
GhostRider is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 07:09 AM   #7
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
Why is it when liberals want to make the point the US spends too much on defense, they make a comparison of US defense spending to other countries in total dollars, but when they want to defend other countries spending regarding NATA, they switch to a percentage of GDP?
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 09:11 AM   #8
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Once again King Twit comes up with an unrecognizable message. So is he implying that Germany OWES the U.S. "vast sums of money" because the U.S. paid more for national defense than Germany?
NATO also asks its members to spend at least 2 percent of their GDP on national defense. The U.S. has routinely budgeted between 3 percent and 5 percent of GDP for defense. But like many other NATO countries -- including Canada, Spain, and Italy -- Germany hasn't been spending 2 percent of its GDP on defense.
But Merkel affirmed Friday, the nation has promised to meet the 2 percent threshold for the next seven years at least. "We committed to this 2 percent goal until 2024," she told reporters during a joint press conference at the White House.
Technically, Germany doesn't owe NATO money. Rather, the nation owes it to the alliance to spend more on its own national defense.
AND atta boy, Don. Embarrass, humiliate and shame our allies. Makes for great bedfellows. YOU ARE A MORON!
But Trump either figuratively or literally put "owes us" in quotations or he didn't so it was either said figuratively or literally.

That's what Sean "Baghdad Bob" Spicer repeatedly tells.
Thanks from Clara007 and GhostRider
RNG is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 09:59 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,774
FACT CHECK: Trump is 100% Correct - Germany has been under-funding its defense budget for years... NATO's 28-member countries committed in 2014 to spending 2 percent of their gross domestic product on defense within a decade. But only the U.S. and four other members of the post-World War II military coalition are meeting the standard. Germany is contributing 1.19%.

Source = ZeroHedge
Thanks from Toefoot

Last edited by caconservative; March 19th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.
caconservative is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 10:05 AM   #10
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
FACT CHECK: Trump is 100% Correct - Germany has been under-funding its defense budget for years... NATO's 28-member countries committed in 2014 to spending 2 percent of their gross domestic product on defense within a decade. But only the U.S. and four other members of the post-World War II military coalition are meeting the standard. Germany is contributing 1.19%.
That is 100% bullshit. First, Germany doesn't owe the US a damned thing. The NATO agreement has nothing in it to require any country paying anything to anyone. Secondly, the NATO agreement states that members must spend 2% of GDP on defense BY 2024.

That's BY 2024.

How can you so consistently, so loudly and so proudly be completely wrong all the time?

The Politics of 2 Percent: NATO and the Security Vacuum in Europe - Carnegie Europe - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
ignorant, nato, trump



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump, the most ignorant president ever. GhostRider Americas 12 February 11th, 2017 05:11 PM
Head of NATO slams the Trump GhostRider Americas 16 August 22nd, 2016 11:45 PM
Trump: Rethink NATO excalibur Current Events 3 March 22nd, 2016 06:16 PM
FACT SHEET: NATO and U.S. Efforts in Support of NATO Partners, Including Ukraine, Mol The White House The White House 0 September 5th, 2014 08:10 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.