|April 10th, 2017, 01:59 PM||#1|
Exposing Rightwing lies
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Mitch MCConnell the enemy of middle class America
?He Is No Patriot?, Robert Reich Destroys Mitch McConnell For How He Shamed America ? Democratic Review
“No man has done more in recent years to undermine the functioning of U.S. government than Mitch McConnell. For example:
1. As Majority Leader of the Senate, McConnell famously declared in 2010: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
2. By 2013, McConnell had led filibusters of 79 of Obama’s court nominees, compared with 68 in the entire previous history of the Republic.
3. After Justice Antonin Scalia’s death was confirmed last year, it took McConnell less than an hour to say that the vacancy should be filled by the next president. He called keeping Obama’s nominee off the court “one of my proudest moments.”
4. Although his predecessors as majority leaders at least attempted collegiality, McConnell practices no such niceties (recall his recent silencing of Senator Elizabeth Warren).
5. Now comes his use of the “nuclear option,” ending the filibuster on Supreme Court nominees, killing the tradition of unlimited debate in the Senate dating back to 1789. Two years ago, when Obama was president, McConnell said he would abolish filibusters of Supreme Court justices only if there were 67 votes for such a change. This week, he employed a maneuver to do it with 51 votes.
McConnell has consistently placed party over country. He is no patriot. He has shamed himself, the Republican Party, and America.”
| || |
|April 11th, 2017, 01:53 AM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2016
Sad to hear that.
The principle of permanently aligning interests of the republican political system requires the vote of a simple majority of legislators or citizens to elect executive officials, the vote of a qualified (2/3) majority of legislators to adopt laws, and the vote of a qualified (2/3) majority of citizens in a referendum in case of major state issues (something that the citizens of the U. S. and EU countries are currently denied).
So-called filibuster is a tradition of men, invented to deny a hearing and a vote to competent and moral candidates whom American economic, social and ethnic elites do not like. In fact, every candidate submitted by the president of the United States of America shall be give a hearing and a vote before the US Senate within one year after his nomination is submitted, as it was in times when the United States of America was founded.
|america, class, enemy, mcconnell, middle, mitch|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mitch McConnell: The Man That Broke America||skews13||Current Events||12||April 8th, 2017 02:24 PM|
|Republicans, not friends of middle class America||GhostRider||Americas||5||April 2nd, 2017 03:06 PM|
|More on why Trump and Republicans not the friend of Middle class America||GhostRider||Americas||23||April 1st, 2017 04:57 AM|
|The Reagan Revolution Is Killing America's Middle Class||skews13||Americas||134||November 17th, 2014 09:52 AM|
|America’S Middle Class Crisis: The Sobering Facts||garysher||Economics||22||May 11th, 2011 02:12 AM|