Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree53Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2017, 07:40 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
What if I told you I WAS a billionaire? Millionaire?
I'll say show me your tax return as you demand from Trump or STFU. At least we can see him flaunting his stuff.

You have Clara Tower? A plane with with your name on it? Are you a cougar with a stud muffin hubby?
Salinator1 is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 11:05 PM   #22
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Meet the Billionaires Who Run Trump's Government

The voters allowed this to happen, the voters can make it "un-happen" RESIST!!!
I'd give your Newsweek source more cred if they got around to mentioning that the billionaires control the other party also! After the conventions last summer, Forbes ran two articles on the billionaire backers for Hillary and Donald Trump...and Hillary Clinton had more billionaires on her side! Here Are the Billionaires Backing Hillary Clinton | Fortune.com

So, I'll assume Newsweek is a house organ of the Democratic Party these days, if they're going to tell us the billlionaires who own America are all on Trump's side! The net result is regardless of which of the official parties they support, it's rule by the rich for the rich!
Thanks from Sabcat

Last edited by right to left; April 10th, 2017 at 11:07 PM.
right to left is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 11:58 PM   #23
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
I'd give your Newsweek source more cred if they got around to mentioning that the billionaires control the other party also! After the conventions last summer, Forbes ran two articles on the billionaire backers for Hillary and Donald Trump...and Hillary Clinton had more billionaires on her side! Here Are the Billionaires Backing Hillary Clinton | Fortune.com

So, I'll assume Newsweek is a house organ of the Democratic Party these days, if they're going to tell us the billlionaires who own America are all on Trump's side! The net result is regardless of which of the official parties they support, it's rule by the rich for the rich!


That is the kicker trump boasted about his personal wealth, probably even over exaggerated it as he supposedly self financed himself during the primaries. As Clinton was holdin clandestine meetings w/ Wall Street and the banking cartels. She went something like 200 or 300 consecutive days w/o a press conference or even holding court w/ the people unless they were shelling out thousands of dollars to her campaign. All the while trump was doing fair grounds and airport hangers w/ regular people. Yeah, he took big money when he got the nod. He would have been foolish not to. He sold the persona that he has been peddling for decades as Clinton shape shifted to what her team thought the crowd wanted at that time and place.

The best part was when the die hard establishment from both camps fell in line behind Clinton when the writing seemed to be on the wall. It was like they stopped even pretending this election. I found it very telling.
Thanks from coke and Sensible
Sabcat is offline  
Old April 11th, 2017, 04:29 AM   #24
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Envy much?? Don't you think you're assuming an awful lot? You don't know me. You have no idea what my financial situation is. You don't know if I'm dirt poor or extremely wealthy, do you??
Wealthy people do well for all sorts of reasons. Awesome attorneys, tax loopholes/shelters/breaks, off shore accounts, stock market, outsourcing, investments, but the most important reason the uber wealthy are doing well--in fact better than ever in the history of our nation: Washington.

Yeah, I am sure they never worked hard or suffered setbacks, YOU are the problem with America, covet much?
Sensible is offline  
Old April 11th, 2017, 04:55 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Supply and demand , if I want to sell something I need some one who can buy. Econ 101.

And I have taken economics courses.
Then tell us why an economy collapses as wealth becomes too concentrated...
Thanks from Clara007 and GhostRider
goober is offline  
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:32 AM   #26
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Then tell us why an economy collapses as wealth becomes too concentrated...
My post you quoted answers your question.
Thanks from Jimmyb
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 11th, 2017, 07:32 AM   #27
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
That is the kicker trump boasted about his personal wealth, probably even over exaggerated it as he supposedly self financed himself during the primaries. As Clinton was holdin clandestine meetings w/ Wall Street and the banking cartels. She went something like 200 or 300 consecutive days w/o a press conference or even holding court w/ the people unless they were shelling out thousands of dollars to her campaign. All the while trump was doing fair grounds and airport hangers w/ regular people. Yeah, he took big money when he got the nod. He would have been foolish not to. He sold the persona that he has been peddling for decades as Clinton shape shifted to what her team thought the crowd wanted at that time and place.

The best part was when the die hard establishment from both camps fell in line behind Clinton when the writing seemed to be on the wall. It was like they stopped even pretending this election. I found it very telling.
That sums it up. I would almost wager the Democrats will run another fucking elitist, with more concern about celebrities and coasties than the rest of the country. You can almost book it. The Democrats still have not turned the page and accepted why the lost. They keep making excuses..not gonna fly
Thanks from Sabcat and Sensible
coke is offline  
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #28
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
That sums it up. I would almost wager the Democrats will run another fucking elitist, with more concern about celebrities and coasties than the rest of the country. You can almost book it. The Democrats still have not turned the page and accepted why the lost. They keep making excuses..not gonna fly
They will run Oprah.

Dennis Leary talks about it in his book "why we suck"'from 2008 I think. I couldn't Find a link to it.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
My post you quoted answers your question.
No economy has collapsed because the wealthy were too wealthy.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:48 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,556
LOL...RW conservatives; our rich are too poor and our poor are too rich.
Thanks from GhostRider
Hollywood is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
america, billionaires



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bernie Bashes Billionaires in Big Apple, Challenges Dem Establishment in NH LongWinded Politicians 0 September 19th, 2015 04:05 PM
Record 290 Newcomers Join Forbes Billionaires List Roo Current Events 0 March 2nd, 2015 10:07 AM
Billionaires Outspend Blue Collar Citizens 16:1 to Strip Civil Rights Libertine Current Events 19 November 7th, 2014 11:03 AM
Billionaires: Congress Shortchanges America on Immigration LongWinded Current Events 10 July 11th, 2014 12:44 PM
White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time poet Crime and Punishment 0 September 18th, 2013 04:34 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.