Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree53Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #1
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 5,520
The billionaires who own America.

Meet the Billionaires Who Run Trump's Government

The voters allowed this to happen, the voters can make it "un-happen" RESIST!!!
GhostRider is online now  
Old April 10th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Meet the Billionaires Who Run Trump's Government

The voters allowed this to happen, the voters can make it "un-happen" RESIST!!!


This remains the biggest mystery of all. As Vanity Fair wrote: Why more than 62 million Americans, many of whom have legitimate beefs about the newfangled digital economy, decided to vote for a billionaire who surrounds himself with other billionairesómany of whom profited off the same factors that undergirded their misery. Why in the world did they ever think that a billionaire reality-TV star who lives in a pink-marble mausoleum high above Fifth Avenue, has mansions in Palm Beach, Florida, and Bedford, New York, and flies around the country on his own private 757 would ever care one whit about them?
Evidently the voters honestly believed that running a business is like running a country. Even when Trump unveiled his tax plan which shows the largest benefits, in dollar and percentage terms, would go to the highest-income households, the voters were not moved. Gone are the days (at least for now) that Americans pine for ordinary John Doe--the least wealthy of the bunch--to run for president. But why?
In March The National Memo published a thank you letter to Donald Trump from America's billionaires. Here's part of the letter:
......we just wanted to say a quick thanks for voting for Donald Trump without paying nearly any attention to what his actual policies would be. Itís the least we can do, given that youíve already done so much for us. Whether we enjoy restoring natural coal-flavoring to river water or seeing the cabinet stocked with our fellow billionaires and buddies from Goldman Sachs, itís the little things ó like being allowed to destroy the climate so we can be a tiny bit richer ó that we appreciate so very much.
We didnít think youíd actually do it. We spent decades and hundreds of millions of dollars spreading the idea that rich people are geniuses who if left unmolested would make you a working-class millionaire or at least protect you from the government, which only cares about helping ďthem.Ē But we thought we needed a smiling Reagan or a cuddle-bug Rubio who didnít inherit his life or brag about grabbing women in their baby spot to pull it off.

You may know that Trump never quite fit in with us billionaires. He always stood out like a sore thumb, which is the name of the toner he uses to get that unusual skin color. But we didnít think that his penchant for stiffing contractors and workers, and trading in a wife each decade, as if there were some sort of lease, would make him more relatable to you.
You believed in Trump, despite his willingness to lie about his crowd size, his anatomy, and anything else that could possibly be considered phallic. So now we know that anything is possible.

AND.....You thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Uh, no.

So thanks again. If thereís ever anything we billionaires can do for you, please donít hesitate to let Donald Trump know about it. Surely, heíll get to it after he releases his tax returns and finishes suing the women who accused him of sexual assault.
Thanks from GhostRider
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #3
Mind Numbed Robot
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,002
Envy much?

Look, once again businesses (including the ones owned by billionaires) do well when they have customers that do well and Americans are the biggest, best customers in the world.

Rich people do well when everyone does well. Econ 101.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:07 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 443
Success breads success...Those who have chosen to give up their positions to serve in government are not there to fail. I would rather have a rich man advising me on how to handle my money, that someone living off his credit cards.

A simple fact; when a business does well, it is able to do more for it's employees. If it is failing, it has to cut jobs or benefits to stay in business.
goodpen is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #5
TW
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 19,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
This remains the biggest mystery of all. As Vanity Fair wrote: Why more than 62 million Americans, many of whom have legitimate beefs about the newfangled digital economy, decided to vote for a billionaire who surrounds himself with other billionairesómany of whom profited off the same factors that undergirded their misery. Why in the world did they ever think that a billionaire reality-TV star who lives in a pink-marble mausoleum high above Fifth Avenue, has mansions in Palm Beach, Florida, and Bedford, New York, and flies around the country on his own private 757 would ever care one whit about them?
Evidently the voters honestly believed that running a business is like running a country. Even when Trump unveiled his tax plan which shows the largest benefits, in dollar and percentage terms, would go to the highest-income households, the voters were not moved. Gone are the days (at least for now) that Americans pine for ordinary John Doe--the least wealthy of the bunch--to run for president. But why?
In March The National Memo published a thank you letter to Donald Trump from America's billionaires. Here's part of the letter:
......we just wanted to say a quick thanks for voting for Donald Trump without paying nearly any attention to what his actual policies would be. Itís the least we can do, given that youíve already done so much for us. Whether we enjoy restoring natural coal-flavoring to river water or seeing the cabinet stocked with our fellow billionaires and buddies from Goldman Sachs, itís the little things ó like being allowed to destroy the climate so we can be a tiny bit richer ó that we appreciate so very much.
We didnít think youíd actually do it. We spent decades and hundreds of millions of dollars spreading the idea that rich people are geniuses who if left unmolested would make you a working-class millionaire or at least protect you from the government, which only cares about helping ďthem.Ē But we thought we needed a smiling Reagan or a cuddle-bug Rubio who didnít inherit his life or brag about grabbing women in their baby spot to pull it off.

You may know that Trump never quite fit in with us billionaires. He always stood out like a sore thumb, which is the name of the toner he uses to get that unusual skin color. But we didnít think that his penchant for stiffing contractors and workers, and trading in a wife each decade, as if there were some sort of lease, would make him more relatable to you.
You believed in Trump, despite his willingness to lie about his crowd size, his anatomy, and anything else that could possibly be considered phallic. So now we know that anything is possible.

AND.....You thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Uh, no.

So thanks again. If thereís ever anything we billionaires can do for you, please donít hesitate to let Donald Trump know about it. Surely, heíll get to it after he releases his tax returns and finishes suing the women who accused him of sexual assault.
That shit is funny.
Sabcat is online now  
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Envy much?

Look, once again businesses (including the ones owned by billionaires) do well when they have customers that do well and Americans are the biggest, best customers in the world.

Rich people do well when everyone does well. Econ 101.


Envy much?? Don't you think you're assuming an awful lot? You don't know me. You have no idea what my financial situation is. You don't know if I'm dirt poor or extremely wealthy, do you??
Wealthy people do well for all sorts of reasons. Awesome attorneys, tax loopholes/shelters/breaks, off shore accounts, stock market, outsourcing, investments, but the most important reason the uber wealthy are doing well--in fact better than ever in the history of our nation: Washington.
Thanks from GhostRider
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Envy much?

Look, once again businesses (including the ones owned by billionaires) do well when they have customers that do well and Americans are the biggest, best customers in the world.

Rich people do well when everyone does well. Econ 101.
Why do people who have never taken a course in economics in their life feel compelled to call stuff "Econ 101".
Econ 101 is Supply and Demand.
Later on comes marginal utility, which is the part that the Right never seems to have grasped.
Thanks from Clara007 and GhostRider
goober is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #8
Mind Numbed Robot
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Envy much?? Don't you think you're assuming an awful lot? You don't know me. You have no idea what my financial situation is. You don't know if I'm dirt poor or extremely wealthy, do you??
Wealthy people do well for all sorts of reasons. Awesome attorneys, tax loopholes/shelters/breaks, off shore accounts, stock market, outsourcing, investments, but the most important reason the uber wealthy are doing well--in fact better than ever in the history of our nation: Washington.
If you're at all concerned about who has a billion dollars, unless they stole it personally from you, you've got a case of envy.
Thanks from Sensible
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #9
Mind Numbed Robot
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Why do people who have never taken a course in economics in their life feel compelled to call stuff "Econ 101".
Econ 101 is Supply and Demand.
Later on comes marginal utility, which is the part that the Right never seems to have grasped.
Supply and demand , if I want to sell something I need some one who can buy. Econ 101.

And I have taken economics courses.

Last edited by webguy4; April 10th, 2017 at 04:49 PM.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:33 PM   #10
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Envy much?

Look, once again businesses (including the ones owned by billionaires) do well when they have customers that do well and Americans are the biggest, best customers in the world.

Rich people do well when everyone does well. Econ 101.
Which is why wealth inequality is so destructive.

Killing the middle class is hurting the American economy. What is keeping it going right now is untenable debt, as was shown by the depth of the recession caused by the Wall St. crooks who skated with their huge bonuses for screwing much of the world. Joe Average, wanting to keep up with other debt drowning neighbors, keeps buying that new 4x4 and gazillion HP outboard on his credit card.

The cliff is coming.
Thanks from GhostRider
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
america, billionaires



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bernie Bashes Billionaires in Big Apple, Challenges Dem Establishment in NH LongWinded Politicians 0 September 19th, 2015 03:05 PM
Record 290 Newcomers Join Forbes Billionaires List Roo Current Events 0 March 2nd, 2015 09:07 AM
Billionaires Outspend Blue Collar Citizens 16:1 to Strip Civil Rights Libertine Current Events 19 November 7th, 2014 10:03 AM
Billionaires: Congress Shortchanges America on Immigration LongWinded Current Events 10 July 11th, 2014 11:44 AM
White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time poet Crime and Punishment 0 September 18th, 2013 03:34 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.