Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:04 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I do not think having a negative ten million jobs qualifies as creating sixteen million jobs.
You made that up didn't you...
goober is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:04 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
There were more private sector jobs the day Bush left office than the day he took office.
You made that up too
goober is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:15 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,237
GW creater more jobs than Obama even Bill just has record 20+ millions.
McCoy is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:48 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
You're a silly person. Go away. But seriously, we really only looking at private sector jobs. Even if public sector was accounted for, It's still a decent increase. Do I believe we're better off, NO. Should we credit Obama 100% for the increase of jobs, NO again. Lot of nuances come into play with crediting a president for job creation.
And you aren't very honest, leaving out 20% of the data so you can make a mis-leading statement.

When Obama left office we had 5 million more jobs than we had in 2007 before the recession, but we had 10 million more working age Americans that needed jobs. Not only was the employment situation worse, median household incomes and net worth were lower.

Obama has the worst economic record or any modern POTUS, including GWB.
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
Libertine is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:21 AM   #25
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
And you aren't very honest, leaving out 20% of the data so you can make a mis-leading statement.

When Obama left office we had 5 million more jobs than we had in 2007 before the recession, but we had 10 million more working age Americans that needed jobs. Not only was the employment situation worse, median household incomes and net worth were lower.

Obama has the worst economic record or any modern POTUS, including GWB.
Obama presidency started in 2009 start from there. In fact, it's make more sense to start in 2010 because Obama became president doing a recession. Look at the unemployment rate also. We're only looking at private sector jobs. That was stated. If you can admit that, then we can have an honest discussion.

Figures don't lie, but liars can figure.
Thanks from Clara007
Fayt is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:10 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Obama presidency started in 2009 start from there. In fact, it's make more sense to start in 2010 because Obama became president doing a recession. Look at the unemployment rate also. We're only looking at private sector jobs. That was stated. If you can admit that, then we can have an honest discussion.

Figures don't lie, but liars can figure.
The title of this thread is a lie.

Why leave 20+ million jobs out of the discussion? Oh yeah, so you can make slanted and misleading statements.
Libertine is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:25 AM   #27
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
After 8 years of Bush, fewer people were employed in the private sector than when Bush took office.
But the deficit exploded....
So.. Uh... Yeah...
When can we do that again?
< end sarcasm >

The Kansas experiment is another great example of how the right needs to rethink it's tax / budgeting approach because it was an abject failure. They cut taxes.
They expected the economy to jump up and money to trickle down. And it did none of that.
And Repubs refuse to acknowledge it for the failure it is.

Hard times for Kansas and its schools as economic 'experiment' creates gaping budget hole - LA Times

Obama LOWERED the deficit and the economy improved. Not as much as people would have liked, but it improved.
Bush RAISED the deficit (like Reagan & Bush Sr before him) and the economy was left in the crapper. The jobs numbers were pathetic.

Heaven help us if we as a country can't learn from our history...
Thanks from Clara007
foundit66 is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:36 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
So.. Uh... Yeah...
When can we do that again?
< end sarcasm >

The Kansas experiment is another great example of how the right needs to rethink it's tax / budgeting approach because it was an abject failure. They cut taxes.
They expected the economy to jump up and money to trickle down. And it did none of that.
And Repubs refuse to acknowledge it for the failure it is.

Hard times for Kansas and its schools as economic 'experiment' creates gaping budget hole - LA Times

Obama LOWERED the deficit and the economy improved. Not as much as people would have liked, but it improved.
Bush RAISED the deficit (like Reagan & Bush Sr before him) and the economy was left in the crapper. The jobs numbers were pathetic.

Heaven help us if we as a country can't learn from our history...
Obama increased the debt by $1.4 trillion in FY 2016, just one year, you call that being fiscally responsible.

Before Obama the largest budget deficit in history was $468 billion, Obama averaged over $1,000 trillion annually every year he was in office.
Libertine is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:59 AM   #29
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Obama increased the debt by $1.4 trillion in FY 2016, just one year, you call that being fiscally responsible.
Did I say "fiscally responsible"?
No.

Do you understand the difference between DEFICIT (what I actually said) and DEBT?
He reduced the deficit. That's what was done. That's a fact.
Reagan? Bush Sr? Bush Jr? INCREASED the deficit. That's a fact.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Before Obama the largest budget deficit in history was $468 billion, Obama averaged over $1,000 trillion annually every year he was in office.
And if you take our government's payments out for Bush's projects that cost us TRILLIONS, how much is left?

And when Trump tops these deficit numbers, are you going to even care?
Thanks from Clara007
foundit66 is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:15 AM   #30
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You post this same thing often. The job fields that saw the majority of growth under O-bomber were service industry, the temp market and surprise surprise healthcare especially administrations.


Huh?
.
Sabcat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
$3k, class, created, economy, incomes, jobs, middle, million, obamacare



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obamacare Full Frontal: Of 953,000 Jobs Created In 2013, 77%, Or 731,000 Are Part-Tim Uncle Han Current Events 5 August 2nd, 2013 11:05 AM
Remarks by the President on Jobs for the Middle Class, 07/30/13 The White House The White House 0 July 30th, 2013 01:40 PM
FACT SHEET: A Better Bargain for the Middle Class: Jobs The White House The White House 0 July 30th, 2013 08:10 AM
Remarks By The President On Strengthening The Economy For The Middle Class The White House The White House 0 February 16th, 2013 07:30 AM
Obama claims 5 million jobs created Truth Detector Current Events 63 October 27th, 2012 01:26 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.