Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2017, 06:38 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,595
Obamacare Economy: 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle Class Incomes Up $3K


In his first 100 days, President Obama signed a landmark stimulus package that reversed spiraling job losses. The ACA passed a year later, and we've created jobs ever since.


We now have 7 full years of economic data since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”). So, as Republicans in Washington continue their relentless assault on the ACA, it’s a good time to take stock of how America actually fared in the Obamacare Economy.

Before turning to the facts, a reminder of the narrative that the GOP has been pushing about the ACA for so long:

“It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! … This health care law … is already destroying jobs in our country.” — John Boehner, 2011

“We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010.” — Mitch McConnell, 2012

“[T]his is going to blow a hole through the deficit even more than we had already thought.” — Paul Ryan, 2012

“Obamacare is directly responsible for destroying jobs and lowering wages for workers” — Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2014

“It is the biggest job-killer in this country.” — Ted Cruz, 2016

“Obamacare is devastating businesses." — Donald Trump, 2016

“Obamacare … this disastrous policy that's been killing jobs." — Mike Pence, 2016

Let’s tackle these false “job-killing, wage-reducing, deficit-busting” myths one by one:


The Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle-Class Incomes Up $3K
Thanks from Twisted Sister, Clara007 and McCoy
skews13 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Endtherepublic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: earth
Posts: 670
More and more state dependence. Thank you Comrade for bringing this to us. It is proof of why we must embrace the State
Endtherepublic is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:35 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endtherepublic View Post
More and more state dependence. Thank you Comrade for bringing this to us. It is proof of why we must embrace the State
What it shows is a government for the people works.

A government for the special interests does not.

What we must embrace is resistance against the special interests.

Laws against the special interests.

Criminal sanctions against the special interests.

Civil forfeiture laws of the special interests assets.

The highest possible taxation against special interests.
skews13 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Endtherepublic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: earth
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
What it shows is a government for the people works.

A government for the special interests does not.

What we must embrace is resistance against the special interests.

Laws against the special interests.

Criminal sanctions against the special interests.

Civil forfeiture laws of the special interests assets.

The highest possible taxation against special interests.
Special interests is nothing but code for capitalist pigs.
Endtherepublic is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:12 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,237
Churches in states is well better than Science or it is versa ?
McCoy is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:39 AM   #6
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,395
You post this same thing often. The job fields that saw the majority of growth under O-bomber were service industry, the temp market and surprise surprise healthcare especially administrations.


Huh?
Thanks from caconservative and Gunnison
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:17 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You post this same thing often. The job fields that saw the majority of growth under O-bomber were service industry, the temp market and surprise surprise healthcare especially administrations.


Huh?
Right. All 16 million jobs were nothing but part time McDonalds jobs, and hospital administrator jobs.

Right.

And now because the orange turd is in office, all the jobs are permanent $50 hr skilled labor jobs.

Because everybody is just in awe of the orange turd.

It's like magic.

Similar to the magical thinking you engage in.

True believers. You gotta love 'em.
skews13 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:58 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Right. All 16 million jobs were nothing but part time McDonalds jobs, and hospital administrator jobs.

Right.

And now because the orange turd is in office, all the jobs are permanent $50 hr skilled labor jobs.

Because everybody is just in awe of the orange turd.

It's like magic.

Similar to the magical thinking you engage in.

True believers. You gotta love 'em.
DJT is better for me, of course.
McCoy is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:36 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Right. All 16 million jobs were nothing but part time McDonalds jobs, and hospital administrator jobs.

Right.

And now because the orange turd is in office, all the jobs are permanent $50 hr skilled labor jobs.

Because everybody is just in awe of the orange turd.

It's like magic.

Similar to the magical thinking you engage in.

True believers. You gotta love 'em.


There weren't 16 million jobs created.


ata extracted on: May 1, 2017 (3:35:22 PM)

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Series Id: LNS12000000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Employment Level
Labor force status: Employed
Type of data: Number in thousands
Age: 16 years and over


Download:
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2007 146028(1) 146057 146320 145586 145903 146063 145905 145682 146244 145946 146595 146273
2008 146378(1) 146156 146086 146132 145908 145737 145532 145203 145076 144802 144100 143369
2009 142152(1) 141640 140707 140656 140248 140009 139901 139492 138818 138432 138659 138013
2010 138438(1) 138581 138751 139297 139241 139141 139179 139438 139396 139119 139044 139301
2011 139250(1) 139394 139639 139586 139624 139384 139524 139942 140183 140368 140826 140902
2012 141584(1) 141858 142036 141899 142206 142391 142292 142291 143044 143431 143333 143330
2013 143225(1) 143315 143319 143603 143856 144006 144318 144304 144466 143577 144536 144741
2014 145055(1) 145102 145715 145673 145819 146222 146461 146501 146845 147426 147361 147521
2015 148061(1) 148108 148244 148522 148792 148742 148890 149092 148932 149255 149419 150030
2016 150533(1) 151043 151301 151028 151058 151090 151546 151655 151926 151902 152048 152111
2017 152081(1) 152528 153000
Libertine is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:56 PM   #10
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,796
You're wrong. You posted "Labor Force Statistics", Not Employment Statistics from 2007 to 2017. Here let me help.

Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)

"Series Id: CES0500000001
Seasonally Adjusted
Series Title: All employees, thousands, total private, seasonally adjusted
Super Sector: Total private
Industry: Total private
NAICS Code: -
Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS


Download:
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2007 115411 115464 115636 115690 115815 115876 115878 115803 115838 115904 115981 116037
2008 116042 115929 115825 115608 115389 115193 114929 114663 114243 113757 112980 112290
2009 111474 110775 109968 109164 108875 108445 108171 107942 107808 107531 107520 107296
2010 107310 107257 107379 107571 107668 107787 107890 108003 108124 108336 108465 108573
2011 108624 108856 109104 109458 109590 109780 109964 110106 110388 110582 110750 110976
2012 111342 111578 111815 111905 112040 112097 112257 112431 112625 112793 112945 113185
2013 113411 113678 113830 114025 114267 114446 114592 114834 115018 115232 115482 115555
2014 115759 115898 116159 116458 116710 116969 117195 117433 117670 117884 118186 118426
2015 118653 118875 118972 119207 119531 119726 119965 120080 120196 120510 120770 120987
2016 121097 121318 121507 121665 121682 121951 122200 122343 122566 122698 122876 123026
2017 123230 123451(P) 123540(P)
P : preliminary

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0500000001
Fayt is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
$3k, class, created, economy, incomes, jobs, middle, million, obamacare



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obamacare Full Frontal: Of 953,000 Jobs Created In 2013, 77%, Or 731,000 Are Part-Tim Uncle Han Current Events 5 August 2nd, 2013 11:05 AM
Remarks by the President on Jobs for the Middle Class, 07/30/13 The White House The White House 0 July 30th, 2013 01:40 PM
FACT SHEET: A Better Bargain for the Middle Class: Jobs The White House The White House 0 July 30th, 2013 08:10 AM
Remarks By The President On Strengthening The Economy For The Middle Class The White House The White House 0 February 16th, 2013 07:30 AM
Obama claims 5 million jobs created Truth Detector Current Events 63 October 27th, 2012 01:26 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.