Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree26Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2017, 06:23 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Clara, most of this news we are seeing now is originating from the Washington Post and being carried in different medial outlets. So, yes your friend is right to a great degree. The bulk of the media is reporting unsubstantiated news as facts. Maybe it is true and maybe its not true. One thing that is true that its mostly being supported with anonymous sources. Just stop reporting it as fact is all I ask.
When a story says "according to unnamed sources," that's disclosure, isn't it?
Thanks from Clara007 and GhostRider
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 21st, 2017, 12:44 PM   #32
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Yeah, Putin is such a cool dude. Too bad we don't have a leader of his caliber, or a press like Russia's.
Quit Putin us on.
Thanks from RNG and Clara007
Panther is online now  
Old May 21st, 2017, 01:19 PM   #33
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Clara, most of this news we are seeing now is originating from the Washington Post and being carried in different medial outlets. So, yes your friend is right to a great degree. The bulk of the media is reporting unsubstantiated news as facts. Maybe it is true and maybe its not true. One thing that is true that its mostly being supported with anonymous sources. Just stop reporting it as fact is all I ask.

Ya gotta love the WaPo quoting the Times, and the Times quoting the WaPo, and around and around they go.
Baby Ray is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2017, 09:44 AM   #34
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I can NOT believe this whole thing.
It just gets more 'twilight zone-ish' every day. So did Putin's thugs tape record the meeting?? What transcript? Who was taking notes? AND WHY in the world would Vlad Putin want to "HELP" Donald Trump.....??? OMG

Baby Ruth will be checking in any minute with the only comment he knows how to type:

Fake News!!
Would Putin be helping trump or is he blackmailing him?
What REALLY disturbs me about this is that trump banned ALL American media from the meeting, even his own Fox Fake news, why would he do that if he had nothing to hide?
trump is taking this country down a dark hole that nothing good can come out of, I feel sorry for my grand daughters and the world they will inherit if trump isn't stopped....actually, if the entire extreme right wing is not stopped.
GhostRider is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2017, 09:48 AM   #35
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Trump already regrets the day he declared war on the press.

Of all the stupid things he's done, that act might be the dumbest.
Declaring war on the press and all the intel agencies is going to be what takes him out of the White House.
GhostRider is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2017, 09:59 AM   #36
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Well now, the Lefties are now Putin lovers....LOL...hypocrisy can be a funny thing.
Once again you are reading something that isn't there. Saying Putin is a better leader than trump is not "loving" putin, it is showing the utter distain for the unqualified idiot we have in our White House.
GhostRider is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2017, 10:20 AM   #37
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Having anonymous sources is regrettable, yet it's nothing new. Yes, the press wields a lot of power and yes this power can be used for political gain, or financial gain. However, Trump has made many, verifiable remarks that cast doubt upon his judgement and fitness for the office of president, like:
You understand the expression “prime the pump”?

Yes.
We have to prime the pump.

It’s very Keynesian.

We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?

Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.

Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.
Speaking of anonymous sources....
“An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”
Or unsubstantiated comments:
“My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”
Or, flat out departures from reality:
“Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”
Trump's loose connection with reality is much more of an issue than a press doing what it's done for centuries: present biased news stories based on innuendo and shaky information. I don't excuse it, but it's playing second fiddle to the disaster (sometimes) occupying the Whitehouse.
As long as the news source states something is unsubstantiated there should be no problem. Nixon was rightfully taken down by what started out to be "unsubstantiated" rumors. Those rumors caused the investigators to take notice and get a crook out of office. The Vietnam War was eventually stopped because of "unsubstantiated" rumors that the military leaders (Westmoreland) were lying to the public. When there are enough "unsubstantiated" rumors the dots begin to connect and either the truth comes out OR as in the case of Obama's birth certificate, Muslim ties, or Clinton's email, the Clinton Foundation and Benghazi, the rumors are proven wrong. No one from the right has a "right" to bitch about the main stream media being biased or reporting "fake news" when ALL their sources of news have been proven to be fake as with Fox, Limbaugh, Jones and a few others. Shepard Smith on Fox seems to be the only exception to that.
GhostRider is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:41 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Would Putin be helping trump or is he blackmailing him?
What REALLY disturbs me about this is that trump banned ALL American media from the meeting, even his own Fox Fake news, why would he do that if he had nothing to hide?
trump is taking this country down a dark hole that nothing good can come out of, I feel sorry for my grand daughters and the world they will inherit if trump isn't stopped....actually, if the entire extreme right wing is not stopped.

I think Putin knows something--holds something over Trump. It could be nothing of importance....but an embarrassment? OR it could be a "deal" involving money or a promise? Whatever it is (big or small--tapes or video) I think Putin is toying with Trump like a cat with catnip AND I think he's enjoying it.
Thanks from Vet for truth
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2017, 09:19 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
When a story says "according to unnamed sources," that's disclosure, isn't it?
Sure, it absolutely is. But if you present the story through the title as a fact then you have a problem, at least I think so. It goes back to the Enquirer or any of the tabloids that would present these outlandish headlines. They never had any verifiable sources or facts. Most of us assumed it was false from the start. Yet, now this is becoming main stream journalism, being applied to events and people that would make it completely plausible, but without any true evidence or means of verification. Quoting Trump saying something stupid or lying is verifiable Its a source. Trying to spin what Trump really meant is an opinion, often times a very poorly received opinion. But, just printing story after story with the only evidence you have of the headlines accusation is an anonymous source is going to create more problems than Trump will. This could turn out to be a very painful learning lesson. I did a little research on how much the public trusts the media. According to gallup 41% of those surveyed said they had very little trust at all in mass media news. 27% said they had no trust in it at all. Only 8% said they trust it. With 24% saying they had a fair amount of trust. With these new journalist standards, who can blame the people. This is the gallup poll I found.
Media Use and Evaluation | Gallup Historical Trends
username is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2017, 09:24 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
As long as the news source states something is unsubstantiated there should be no problem. Nixon was rightfully taken down by what started out to be "unsubstantiated" rumors. Those rumors caused the investigators to take notice and get a crook out of office. The Vietnam War was eventually stopped because of "unsubstantiated" rumors that the military leaders (Westmoreland) were lying to the public. When there are enough "unsubstantiated" rumors the dots begin to connect and either the truth comes out OR as in the case of Obama's birth certificate, Muslim ties, or Clinton's email, the Clinton Foundation and Benghazi, the rumors are proven wrong. No one from the right has a "right" to bitch about the main stream media being biased or reporting "fake news" when ALL their sources of news have been proven to be fake as with Fox, Limbaugh, Jones and a few others. Shepard Smith on Fox seems to be the only exception to that.
They were not unsubstantiated. A break in occurred. We knew it happened. We knew people that were involved. Deep throat was anonymous, but had pertinent information regarding something that was proven factually to have occurred. There has been nothing proven in regards to President Trump and Russian Collusion. There has been no convictions in regards to President Trump or his staff in regards to collusion. There was convictions of a crime and break in of the Watergate hotel. That is a very large point of contention that you are failing to grasp
username is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
err, meeting, offers, office, oval, putin, tapes, transcripts



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President Trump, Henry Kissinger Meet In Oval Office Amid Watergate Comparisons Santa Current Events 4 May 11th, 2017 05:02 AM
The Oval Office Sabcat Political Humor 0 January 23rd, 2017 07:52 PM
Trump getting ready for his meeting with his buddy Putin. GhostRider Americas 54 January 1st, 2017 11:15 AM
The audacity of the Goofball in the Oval Office! Patriot66 Current Events 61 February 18th, 2016 09:42 AM
President Obama's Oval Office address imaginethat Current Events 24 December 9th, 2015 02:35 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.