Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree21Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yep, obviously the person to represent the United States to the entire world should be rude, inarticulate and have the impulse control and manners of a 10 year old.

Hey, doesn't that say AMERICA! to the world?
You are to old for the Job.
Sensible is offline  
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:47 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Let's just say he could read well, articulate,? not without the teleprompter.
And there is one more piece of evidence that rightwingnuts live in a highly delusional, BizarroWorld alternative reality. Not that there was really any doubt after they elected the TrumpsterFire.

In the real world where all the sane people live....

Articulate, inspiring and decent, Barack Obama sets the bar high for his successor
Los Angeles Times
David Horsey
July 27, 2016
(excerpts)
I was there on that frigid, sunny day when hundreds of thousands of Americans came to the west side of the Capitol to witness the inauguration of Barack Obama. Even as the words of his inaugural address carried into the chilly air, though, his enemies on the right were already busy whipping up all kinds of weird tales about him — that he wasn’t born in America, that he wasn’t a Christian, that he was some sort of Manchurian candidate put in place by a socialist cabal in Kenya. One of the less bizarre but still silly anti-Obama memes was that he could barely put together a sentence without the aid of a teleprompter. In a way, this was the dumbest slander of them all because it was so easily debunked by anyone who bothered to turn on a TV and watch the new president conduct a press conference or sit for an interview. In fact, he is one of the most articulate, thoughtful people we have ever had as president. No one is better at configuring in words the heart and hope and aspirations that, on our better days, drive Americans toward unity, inclusivity and a higher vision of what we should be. The president described the values taught to him by his Kansas grandparents, “like honesty and hard work. Kindness and courtesy. Humility; responsibility; helping each other out.” He said those values are “as strong as ever; still cherished by people of every party, every race and every faith. They live on in each of us.” Tapping his chest with his fist, he said, “What makes us American, what makes us patriots, is what’s in here. That’s what matters. That’s why we can take the food and music and holidays and styles of other countries and blend it into something uniquely our own. That’s why we can attract strivers and entrepreneurs from around the globe to build new factories and create new industries here. That’s why our military can look the way it does, every shade of humanity, forged into common service. That’s why anyone who threatens our values, whether fascists or communists or jihadists or homegrown demagogues, will always fail in the end.
*****

Most Articulate Presidential Candidates
Forbes
AUG 15, 2007
(excerpts)
Barack Obama is the single most articulate presidential candidate, followed in the latest Forbes '08 Tracker by Fred Thompson, whose verbal skills have been honed by years in the Senate and in front of the television cameras of NBC's Law and Order. Some 44% of a sample of Americans of voting age polled pick "articulate" as one of the attributes that describes Obama. He is followed by Fred Thompson, who has still not formally declared for president, at 37%. Gingrich is described as articulate by just 26% of those polled. Being articulate should be an important criteria for any president, or indeed any politician. Obama is ranked No. 1 as articulate among all candidates.

Last edited by Ahgho Boogheroff; November 29th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.
Ahgho Boogheroff is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 08:26 AM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 76
Obama was a great snake oil salesman.
Thanks from Jimgorn
barb is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:01 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by barb View Post
Obama was a great snake oil salesman.
Really? That claim needs some evidence to back it up? What I saw was a man with a better understanding of our democracy than the masses have. He was not all about power like Trump, but was about reason, and Trump is not about reasoning. Neither was Bush jr. about reasoning and also appealed the masses by bragging about he doesn't think too much before making a decision.

I wish we had a better understanding of how our brains work and why Obama is a better leader than those who do not think too much before making a decision. Not only are Bush and Trump proud of being impulsive but so are their followers. At least Bush had a degree of self-control that Trump absolutely does not have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8gpV-xjECM
Athena is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:19 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Why are you so rabid? What is with you?
What did Trump win? He does not have our support and even in countries that accept tyrants, it is important for the leader to have followers. Actually, the word "tyrant" is ancient Greek for someone who takes leadership without going through legitimate channels. Trump's followers loved that he was taking power without going through legitimate channels. This has happened historically when the people of a country were displeased with the establishment and want to destroy it. Trump's victory in the election is not a good sign.

His followers knowingly voted for a liar and a bully who does not work well with people, so we must wonder about the virtues and intelligence of those who voted him into office. What happened is clearly a sign that the US is in serious trouble. That some people still think Trump is the right person to be president, while others clearly do not, reveals how divided we are.

United we stand, divided we fall. Our fall is looking very much like the fall of Rome with economic problems and divided ideology and strong regional divisions. This is not something to celebrate.
Thanks from RNG
Athena is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:44 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
What did Trump win? He does not have our support and even in countries that accept tyrants, it is important for the leader to have followers. Actually, the word "tyrant" is ancient Greek for someone who takes leadership without going through legitimate channels. Trump's followers loved that he was taking power without going through legitimate channels. This has happened historically when the people of a country were displeased with the establishment and want to destroy it. Trump's victory in the election is not a good sign.

His followers knowingly voted for a liar and a bully who does not work well with people, so we must wonder about the virtues and intelligence of those who voted him into office. What happened is clearly a sign that the US is in serious trouble. That some people still think Trump is the right person to be president, while others clearly do not, reveals how divided we are.

United we stand, divided we fall. Our fall is looking very much like the fall of Rome with economic problems and divided ideology and strong regional divisions. This is not something to celebrate.
who is our? he has mine!

Barrack without a teleprompter, bumbling fool ! Manchurian candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XuItt6iuMc
Sensible is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:49 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
who is our? he has mine!

Barrack without a teleprompter, bumbling fool ! Manchurian candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XuItt6iuMc
As I said earlier....

And there is one more piece of evidence that rightwingnuts live in a highly delusional, BizarroWorld alternative reality. Not that there was really any doubt after they elected the TrumpsterFire.
Ahgho Boogheroff is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahgho Boogheroff View Post
As I said earlier....

And there is one more piece of evidence that rightwingnuts live in a highly delusional, BizarroWorld alternative reality. Not that there was really any doubt after they elected the TrumpsterFire.
The man is not eloquent, he can't speak without the teleprompter, I gave evidence and this is the tripe you come up with?
Sensible is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
The man is not eloquent, he can't speak without the teleprompter, I gave evidence and this is the tripe you come up with?
From post #32....

"One of the less bizarre but still silly anti-Obama memes was that he could barely put together a sentence without the aid of a teleprompter. In a way, this was the dumbest slander of them all because it was so easily debunked by anyone who bothered to turn on a TV and watch the new president conduct a press conference or sit for an interview. In fact, he is one of the most articulate, thoughtful people we have ever had as president."

Or...some more "evidence"....

http://youtu.be/qPQp-GFXYSM

Last edited by Ahgho Boogheroff; November 30th, 2017 at 11:48 AM.
Ahgho Boogheroff is offline  
Old November 30th, 2017, 01:30 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
You are to old for the Job.
I'm younger than Trump. *shrug*
Hollywood is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
america, embarrasses, mouth, opens, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump lies 91% of the time he opens his mouth. GhostRider Americas 34 July 8th, 2016 02:13 PM
Hillary Puts Her Money Where Her Mouth Is Trump Not So Much skews13 Americas 2 May 17th, 2016 07:58 AM
Foul Mouth Kids Trash Trump excalibur Current Events 27 November 9th, 2015 04:14 AM
obama embarrasses us again webguy4 Current Events 27 January 29th, 2015 11:01 AM
Fox News embarrasses themselves. Nwolfe35 Political Talk 3 July 29th, 2013 10:51 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.