Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree31Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,902
The Trumps are complaining about the ‘viciousness’ of politics. Irony is dead.

Politics is vicious. Whodathought?

The Trumps are complaining about the ‘viciousness’ of politics. Irony is dead.


For the second time in a week, one of President Trump's children took to the Fox News airwaves to complain about just how rough-and-tumble our political system is.

A few days after Eric Trump decried the political left as “not even people” over its “hatred” and treatment of his father, Ivanka Trump went on “Fox and Friends” on Monday morning and decried the “viciousness” of Washington.

“There’s a level of viciousness that I was not expecting,” she said. “I was not expecting the intensity of this experience.”

Here's what Eric Trump said a few days ago on Sean Hannity's show:

I've never seen hatred like this, and to me they're not even people. It's so, so sad, I mean morality is just gone, morals have flown out the window. We deserve so much better than this as a country. You know it's so sad.

This seems to be a talking point for the White House now. And it is ridiculous. Not because politics in Washington isn't vicious — it certainly can be and is — but because Ivanka and Eric Trump's father's political rise was marked by probably the nastiest and most bare-knuckled brand of public campaigning that we've seen in modern history.

In case you've blocked out everything that happened between June 2015 and November 2016 (which=understandable), here is a quick refresher of the things Donald Trump did as a candidate:

• Called his chief opponents “Lyin' Ted,” “Crooked Hillary” and “Little Marco”

• Suggested “Lyin' Ted's” father may have taken part in the Kennedy assassination

• Said he would put “Crooked Hillary” in jail when president

• Seemed to allude to potential violence again and again and again

• Continued his years-long effort to question the legitimacy of President Barack Obama's U.S. birth and, by extension, his entire presidency

• Appeared to mock a reporter's physical handicap

• Suggested a judge was inherently biased against him because the judge's Mexican heritage

• Said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) wasn't a war hero because he was captured
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e9471b5a2298
imaginethat is online now  
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Politics is vicious. Whodathought?

The Trumps are complaining about the ‘viciousness’ of politics. Irony is dead.


For the second time in a week, one of President Trump's children took to the Fox News airwaves to complain about just how rough-and-tumble our political system is.

A few days after Eric Trump decried the political left as “not even people” over its “hatred” and treatment of his father, Ivanka Trump went on “Fox and Friends” on Monday morning and decried the “viciousness” of Washington.

“There’s a level of viciousness that I was not expecting,” she said. “I was not expecting the intensity of this experience.”

Here's what Eric Trump said a few days ago on Sean Hannity's show:

I've never seen hatred like this, and to me they're not even people. It's so, so sad, I mean morality is just gone, morals have flown out the window. We deserve so much better than this as a country. You know it's so sad.

This seems to be a talking point for the White House now. And it is ridiculous. Not because politics in Washington isn't vicious — it certainly can be and is — but because Ivanka and Eric Trump's father's political rise was marked by probably the nastiest and most bare-knuckled brand of public campaigning that we've seen in modern history.

In case you've blocked out everything that happened between June 2015 and November 2016 (which=understandable), here is a quick refresher of the things Donald Trump did as a candidate:

• Called his chief opponents “Lyin' Ted,” “Crooked Hillary” and “Little Marco”

• Suggested “Lyin' Ted's” father may have taken part in the Kennedy assassination

• Said he would put “Crooked Hillary” in jail when president

• Seemed to allude to potential violence again and again and again

• Continued his years-long effort to question the legitimacy of President Barack Obama's U.S. birth and, by extension, his entire presidency

• Appeared to mock a reporter's physical handicap

• Suggested a judge was inherently biased against him because the judge's Mexican heritage

• Said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) wasn't a war hero because he was captured
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e9471b5a2298
Maybe should replay some of the vicious attacks on our former Presidents minor daughters from the fine Christian folks on the Republican side.
Thanks from RNG, catus felis and Clara007
skews13 is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Maybe should replay some of the vicious attacks on our former Presidents minor daughters from the fine Christian folks on the Republican side.
I do not recall many attacks on the Presidents children. If you feel attacking Baron Trump, an 11 year old boy, is a good political move, then I hope you are wrong. If it is, then this nation is in worse shape than anyone could imagine.
Thanks from webguy4, Jimgorn and Sensible
username is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #4
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I do not recall many attacks on the Presidents children. If you feel attacking Baron Trump, an 11 year old boy, is a good political move, then I hope you are wrong. If it is, then this nation is in worse shape than anyone could imagine.
No one that I know of has attacked Barron so nice strawman you are trying (unsuccessfully) to build.

But when his adult kids make statements to the media that makes them fair game. Ivanka in particular is a member of the administration so that makes her a totally legitimate target of media scrutiny. She needed even make statements to be monitored by media.
Thanks from imaginethat, skews13 and Camelot
RNG is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Maybe should replay some of the vicious attacks on our former Presidents minor daughters from the fine Christian folks on the Republican side.


Jiminy Crickets....who knew the presidency could be so hard, that healthcare could be so complicated and how vicious the attacks could be?? LOL
Thanks from skews13, Hollywood and McCoy
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:27 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Maybe should replay some of the vicious attacks on our former Presidents minor daughters from the fine Christian folks on the Republican side.
Link up!
Thanks from Jimgorn
Sensible is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:29 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Politics is vicious. Whodathought?

The Trumps are complaining about the ‘viciousness’ of politics. Irony is dead.


For the second time in a week, one of President Trump's children took to the Fox News airwaves to complain about just how rough-and-tumble our political system is.

A few days after Eric Trump decried the political left as “not even people” over its “hatred” and treatment of his father, Ivanka Trump went on “Fox and Friends” on Monday morning and decried the “viciousness” of Washington.

“There’s a level of viciousness that I was not expecting,” she said. “I was not expecting the intensity of this experience.”

Here's what Eric Trump said a few days ago on Sean Hannity's show:

I've never seen hatred like this, and to me they're not even people. It's so, so sad, I mean morality is just gone, morals have flown out the window. We deserve so much better than this as a country. You know it's so sad.

This seems to be a talking point for the White House now. And it is ridiculous. Not because politics in Washington isn't vicious — it certainly can be and is — but because Ivanka and Eric Trump's father's political rise was marked by probably the nastiest and most bare-knuckled brand of public campaigning that we've seen in modern history.

In case you've blocked out everything that happened between June 2015 and November 2016 (which=understandable), here is a quick refresher of the things Donald Trump did as a candidate:

• Called his chief opponents “Lyin' Ted,” “Crooked Hillary” and “Little Marco”

• Suggested “Lyin' Ted's” father may have taken part in the Kennedy assassination

• Said he would put “Crooked Hillary” in jail when president

• Seemed to allude to potential violence again and again and again

• Continued his years-long effort to question the legitimacy of President Barack Obama's U.S. birth and, by extension, his entire presidency

• Appeared to mock a reporter's physical handicap

• Suggested a judge was inherently biased against him because the judge's Mexican heritage

• Said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) wasn't a war hero because he was captured
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e9471b5a2298
The first two were bad ,the rest I see as the truth! The last one eh!
Sensible is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,315
awwwww

are the chickens coming home to roost?

GOOD
Thanks from catus felis and McCoy
tristanrobin is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
awwwww

are the chickens coming home to roost?

GOOD


Did you read that Melania has finally moved into the White House?? After 145 days? At a cost of $21 Million?? For security? Enough to feed $11,000 homeless vets??

Just saying....or askin'...

Melania?s 145-Day Late White House Move Cost $21 Million In Security, Enough To Feed 11,000 Homeless Veterans
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 12th, 2017, 11:10 AM   #10
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Did you read that Melania has finally moved into the White House?? After 145 days? At a cost of $21 Million?? For security? Enough to feed $11,000 homeless vets??

Just saying....or askin'...

Melania?s 145-Day Late White House Move Cost $21 Million In Security, Enough To Feed 11,000 Homeless Veterans
I read that and I was surprised. I could have lost a lot of money betting that when school ended she'd find another excuse.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
complaining, dead, irony, politics, trumps, ‘viciousness’



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irony roastpork Current Events 1 October 6th, 2016 02:15 PM
Irony 1 & 2 sumara Current Events 2 December 21st, 2013 11:47 PM
Oh The Irony... tadpole256 Christianity 1 February 24th, 2012 05:51 PM
Everyone is Complaining About Gun Control. BlackMinuteMan Gun Control 191 November 2nd, 2009 07:22 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.