Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree21Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
not just polarised. polarised to the point you arent bothering to look beyond the R and D label. thats where american politics is from what i can see. all you guys do is ask "are they R or D?" and then you make up your mind about whether they are right or wrong. you never bother to look at what is actually happening, just who it is happening to. its not politics anymore, its tribalism.
Spot on, HD.
imaginethat is offline  
Old June 15th, 2017, 06:11 PM   #12
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,758
The fact that the Trump campaign lied about 18 different contacts with the Russians during the campaign is not a "polarizing" fact. Sessions lied about his contact with the Russians during his confirmation hearing. Kushner lied about his contacts with the Russians in his security clearance application. So did Flynn. People lie for a reason. Lies are not polarizing. Lies are lies.
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,215
side #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
There is no actual evidence of any collusion by Trump with Russia. Nothing.
its a storm in a teacup. hell, its a storm in an empty teacup.
there was nothing illegal done, no law was broken.
there is no danger, stop with your fear mongering.
nothing actually happened, its garbage fake news

side #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
The fact that the Trump campaign lied about 18 different contacts with the Russians during the campaign is not a "polarizing" fact. Sessions lied about his contact with the Russians during his confirmation hearing. Kushner lied about his contacts with the Russians in his security clearance application. So did Flynn. People lie for a reason. Lies are not polarizing. Lies are lies.
its absolutely unacceptable.
obviously illegal and criminal and they clearly belong in prison.
dangerous to the safety of americans everywhere.
unprecedented breach of trust.

see?

can we do the same with hillarys emails?
Thanks from imaginethat and username
hot dragon is offline  
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:18 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
side #1


its a storm in a teacup. hell, its a storm in an empty teacup.
there was nothing illegal done, no law was broken.
there is no danger, stop with your fear mongering.
nothing actually happened, its garbage fake news

side #2


its absolutely unacceptable.
obviously illegal and criminal and they clearly belong in prison.
dangerous to the safety of americans everywhere.
unprecedented breach of trust.

see?

can we do the same with hillarys emails?
See? No because you are denying that truth exists.
justoneman is offline  
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:25 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
See? No because you are denying that truth exists.
you are right, truth exists. you are wrong if you think one side of politics has a monopoly on it.
Thanks from imaginethat and username
hot dragon is offline  
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
you are right, truth exists. you are wrong if you think one side of politics has a monopoly on it.
With regards to Hillary and mishandling of classified documents I do indeed think that Conservatives have a monopoly on it.

When it comes to Trump and collusion with Russia I see no evidence what so ever. Show me evidence like the volumes produced against Hillary Clinton. Do that and I will think differently. Produce heresay and innuendo and I will say enough already
Thanks from gmeyers1944
justoneman is offline  
Old June 16th, 2017, 04:28 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
the people on one side are saying:

its absolutely unacceptable.
obviously illegal and criminal and they clearly belong in prison.
dangerous to the safety of americans everywhere.
unprecedented breach of trust.

the people on the other side are saying:

its a storm in a teacup. hell, its a storm in an empty teacup.
there was nothing illegal done, no law was broken.
there is no danger, stop with your fear mongering.
nothing actually happened, its garbage fake news.

now, am i talking about the trump-russia connection, or clintons emails?



Here's the difference. Clinton's email and Benghazi debacle have been thoroughly investigated and dismissed. The GOP fears cost Americans YEARS and approx $100 million dollars.

The Trump investigation has just begun. It has not been thoroughly investigated and conclusions/facts are still being presented. When THAT investigation has been accomplished the American people (that includes those on the Left) will have to be satisfied.

The RW was convinced Hillary was guilty and still are even AFTER the investigation and findings were concluded. THE LW is convinced that Trump is a sleazy, lying, fraudulent piece of you-know-what. That has not been investigated and findings have not been concluded.
Thanks from Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
not just polarised. polarised to the point you arent bothering to look beyond the R and D label. thats where american politics is from what i can see. all you guys do is ask "are they R or D?" and then you make up your mind about whether they are right or wrong. you never bother to look at what is actually happening, just who it is happening to. its not politics anymore, its tribalism.
mostly true, but, not completely...Although the R or D label has a lot to do with it....There is also a strong point of view, on the Right, that it is about, what was the intended role of the Federal Government, has it grown to large and infringing on individual freedoms, without warrant?? And has regulations made things so complicated that the result is far too expensive to justify what it has tried to remedy??....These people are starting to become disgusted with both political parties and the Republicans in particular..

The left believes that the individual is just too stupid to take care of themselves, and they, in their infinite wisdom, were ordained to look out for the rest of us stupid people....and how dare we not understand and appreciate what they are sacrificing for us nitwits..

What we are seeing today is a rebellion against the "Establishment"....That is the unholy alliance of The "Old Guard" of both political Parties, the un-elected bureaucracy and the multi-national mega corporations that benefit at the expense of small business through excessive regulation....Not R's or D's...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:34 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Here's the difference. Clinton's email and Benghazi debacle have been thoroughly investigated and dismissed. The GOP fears cost Americans YEARS and approx $100 million dollars.

The Trump investigation has just begun. It has not been thoroughly investigated and conclusions/facts are still being presented. When THAT investigation has been accomplished the American people (that includes those on the Left) will have to be satisfied.

The RW was convinced Hillary was guilty and still are even AFTER the investigation and findings were concluded. THE LW is convinced that Trump is a sleazy, lying, fraudulent piece of you-know-what. That has not been investigated and findings have not been concluded.

You can spew nonsense.....First off... The e-mails were not "dismissed".... they are the foundation of the whole problem....The FBI, and in particular FBI Director James Comey did a God-awful job of investigating the e-mail "matter"....Comey, himself, let the cat out of the bag about probable obstruction of justice, when he admitted that he was told by the AG not to refer use the term "investigation" and use the term "matter".....and then he changed the meaning of the statute from "gross negligence" to "intent".. Proving to a whole lot of people there isd a double standard for justice in this Country..

So is the Right still convinced that Hilly was guilty???....You bet your sweet bippy they do....and even more so, now..And is Trump a sleazy, slimey, lying, fraudulent piece of festering dog shit in a paper bag ??....You can bet your sweet bippy on that one too.. But, did he do something illegal ??.. Are the Russians a pack of low life guttersnipes, interfering with our elections??....Get your bippy ready....you'd win that one too..But, 10 months of investigation has yet to provide a shred of proof of collusion... and every day this looks more and more like a political assassination...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:59 AM   #20
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
You can spew nonsense.....First off... The e-mails were not "dismissed".... they are the foundation of the whole problem....The FBI, and in particular FBI Director James Comey did a God-awful job of investigating the e-mail "matter"....Comey, himself, let the cat out of the bag about probable obstruction of justice, when he admitted that he was told by the AG not to refer use the term "investigation" and use the term "matter".....and then he changed the meaning of the statute from "gross negligence" to "intent".. Proving to a whole lot of people there isd a double standard for justice in this Country..

So is the Right still convinced that Hilly was guilty???....You bet your sweet bippy they do....and even more so, now..And is Trump a sleazy, slimey, lying, fraudulent piece of festering dog shit in a paper bag ??....You can bet your sweet bippy on that one too.. But, did he do something illegal ??.. Are the Russians a pack of low life guttersnipes, interfering with our elections??....Get your bippy ready....you'd win that one too..But, 10 months of investigation has yet to provide a shred of proof of collusion... and every day this looks more and more like a political assassination...
Do you have anything other than your dislike of the outcome to say the FBI investigation into the email thing was god-awful? And what is your legal training that allows you to disagree with experts in the field as to them changing things.

With all the hate of Clinton in the Republican party and all the resources available to them, why is it you can see these things but they can't? Maybe it's because there is nothing to see in the real world.
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.