Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree70Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2017, 04:06 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
We had an embarrassment in the White House for 8-years (Obimbo), and we're still trying to recover. When a news organization (supposedly) is caught in successive lies they are "fake-news" and should be treated accordingly. Trump's humorous video pretty much summed up what most people think of CNN. To the Lefties he's an embarrassment but, for the rest of us he's a breath of fresh air. Freedom of the press is a two-way street. When journalistic integrity has lost all notions of objectivity, those being attacked have every right to respond in kind.
No one named "Obimbo" has ever held the office of US president.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 04:28 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
We had an embarrassment in the White House for 8-years (Obimbo), and we're still trying to recover. When a news organization (supposedly) is caught in successive lies they are "fake-news" and should be treated accordingly. Trump's humorous video pretty much summed up what most people think of CNN. To the Lefties he's an embarrassment but, for the rest of us he's a breath of fresh air. Freedom of the press is a two-way street. When journalistic integrity has lost all notions of objectivity, those being attacked have every right to respond in kind.
Really?

You may have disagreed with Obama on policy but how, exactly, was he an "embarrassment"?

I disagreed with Bush on many items but I never thought of him as an "embarrassment".

I disagreed with Obama on many items but I never thought of him as an "embarrassment".

Trump IS an embarrassment.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:42 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
So an argument that starts with "an IQ shot" is to be frowned upon?

Do I need to remind you that this thread is about a tweet from Trump that STARTED WITH AN IQ SHOT?!?!?!?!?! ("Low IQ Mika")
so that puts trump and hollywood in the same category. i am not surprised.
Thanks from Sabcat
hot dragon is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:46 PM   #64
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Criticism from a self-professed shitposter is easy to dismiss.

Dismissed.
At least I know when I'm shit posting

Was I in the game reserve again?
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:47 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
so that puts trump and hollywood in the same category. i am not surprised.
In verbal communication, yes.

Not sure if women lets Hollywood grab them by the........
Salinator1 is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:51 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Really?

You may have disagreed with Obama on policy but how, exactly, was he an "embarrassment"?

I disagreed with Bush on many items but I never thought of him as an "embarrassment".

I disagreed with Obama on many items but I never thought of him as an "embarrassment".

Trump IS an embarrassment.
the whole president trump saga is embarrassing, but it is also hilarious. covfefe anyone? given time, you will look back on it and laugh.

however, america has also lost its system of checks and balances. congress is able to deliver raw republican policy without moderation, without significant debate or scrutiny. and its not going to be trumps policies, he doesnt have any. its going to be establishment republicans who write policy now, and they have the numbers to get it through the house and senate. and the world will be focusing their attention on the latest trump insanity while far right ideology becomes law. the GOP can use trump as a distraction so the house isnt under scrutiny.
Thanks from Sabcat
hot dragon is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:52 PM   #67
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
The question is do you defend Trump and his "IQ Shot" or are you going to go all hypocritical and say that from Hollywood an "IQ shot" is a bad thing but from Trump it's a good thing?
Neither. They are both shitposts and should be taken as such. Just IMO following up that opening w/ something as trivial as a missing "O" is weak. But I guess it is better than the usual tourettes outburst.

So there is that.
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:55 PM   #68
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Really?

You may have disagreed with Obama on policy but how, exactly, was he an "embarrassment"?

I disagreed with Bush on many items but I never thought of him as an "embarrassment".

I disagreed with Obama on many items but I never thought of him as an "embarrassment".

Trump IS an embarrassment.

Really, the bumbling cowboy...really?
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 07:00 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No one named "Obimbo" has ever held the office of US president.
Sure and nobody named "donny boy" was ever elected president either.
justoneman is offline  
Old July 3rd, 2017, 07:01 PM   #70
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
the whole president trump saga is embarrassing, but it is also hilarious. covfefe anyone? given time, you will look back on it and laugh.

however, america has also lost its system of checks and balances. congress is able to deliver raw republican policy without moderation, without significant debate or scrutiny. and its not going to be trumps policies, he doesnt have any. its going to be establishment republicans who write policy now, and they have the numbers to get it through the house and senate. and the world will be focusing their attention on the latest trump insanity while far right ideology becomes law. the GOP can use trump as a distraction so the house isnt under scrutiny.

And whenever they are about to pass some midnight craziness all king trump will have to do is take to twitter and misspell a few things and call some Hollywood snowflake a name and BAM the legacy media will be ablaze in nothingness. And all the lemmings will be in uproar busy chasing their tails.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
attacking, cable, hosts, news



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump Attacks A Cable News Host - Mentally Ill Camelot Current Events 61 July 2nd, 2017 05:46 PM
Rachael,Maddow gets top cable news rating GhostRider Current Events 10 May 23rd, 2017 08:39 AM
Look Who's The Most Watched Show On Cable News skews13 Current Events 4 May 18th, 2017 07:37 PM
Fox News Hosts Hate Obama's Free College Plan, And Their Reasoning Is Painful LongWinded Current Events 70 January 27th, 2015 01:23 AM
CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks paradoxymoron Business & Industries 2 November 2nd, 2009 06:24 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.