Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree37Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2017, 07:17 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 22,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Grotesque coming from Tris. Oh, the irony!
I'm grotesque now?



okey dokey!
tristanrobin is online now  
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:07 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,200
Oh look, Trump has only been in office for 6 months, and unemployment is at low point in a decade, the stock market is making record highs, and he hasn't even done anything yet.

It's not like when we had a negro president, and the stock market was making record highs and unemployment was at the low point in a decade, IN SPITE of what he had actually done.


When Democrats are in charge, things are good, and Republicans tell you how much better things would be if they were in charge.
When Republicans are in charge, things go bad, but they'll tell you how much worse things would be if Democrats were in charge.
Thanks from catus felis and Hollywood
goober is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:17 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Grotesque coming from Tris. Oh, the irony!
I'll give you a chance. Just one.

What do you mean by "grotesque?"

And please explain "the irony."
Thanks from catus felis and Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:30 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The DJIA, and most other economic indicators, have been going up steadily for the past 8 years. NOW you people suddenly notice that?
WTF?
WTF said they weren't??....Except for the DJIA....Yes they were going up, but at a pathetically slow rate..averaging 1.5 % a year....The rate of new jobs could not even reach the the rate of population increase.... Until 1/1/17 The last 7 years has been the slowest rate of recovery ever...
Thanks from caconservative
Jimgorn is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:07 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Jobs, Factories and Stocks Provide Economic Lift for Trump - The NY Times.
(8/4/17). The NY Times seems to be having a hard time keeping their facts straight.
Thanks from Jimgorn
caconservative is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 12:04 PM   #16
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Jobs, Factories and Stocks Provide Economic Lift for Trump - The NY Times.
(8/4/17). The NY Times seems to be having a hard time keeping their facts straight.
You should note that the article correctly states that the jobs, factories and stocks provide a lift FOR tRump, not that tRump caused them to lift.

He's trying to steal Obama's thunder, claiming it for himself.

And of course the RW just laps up this lie, too.
RNG is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The DJIA, and most other economic indicators, have been going up steadily for the past 8 years. NOW you people suddenly notice that?
WTF?
At what rate for the passed 8 years? A snails pace! We have already surpassed Obimbo's GDP, 8-year average.
caconservative is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
You should note that the article correctly states that the jobs, factories and stocks provide a lift FOR tRump, not that tRump caused them to lift.

He's trying to steal Obama's thunder, claiming it for himself.

And of course the RW just laps up this lie, too.
If that be your argument, then we can also argue that "same" was stagnate because of Obimbo. Business and the stock market rise and fall according to the direction a particular president is leading us into.
caconservative is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #19
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
If that be your argument, then we can also argue that "same" was stagnate because of Obimbo. Business and the stock market rise and fall according to the direction a particular president is leading us into.
Read it and weep:

The Obama bull market: A 140% jump in the Dow - Jan. 10, 2017
Thanks from imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:58 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,222
Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, what is it with bad musicians' supporting Trump?
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
gop, grotesque, party



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tea Party's Defeat Of Cantor Could Eventually Spell Doom For The Republican Party skews13 Current Events 11 July 23rd, 2016 12:20 AM
The Party of Trump, the party of white America RNG Americas 4 July 18th, 2016 11:16 AM
Bernie Sanders : This Grotesque Level of Income and Wealth Inequality is Wrong deym Current Events 1 May 5th, 2016 03:14 PM
Republicans: From 'party of no' to 'party of stop' rumpelstiltskin Politicians 119 November 2nd, 2010 12:43 PM
The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality Cubbie Gay and Lesbian Rights 41 December 13th, 2008 03:20 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.