Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Did Clinton's tax raise stimulate the economy? Not by a long shot, the economy sputtered for four years. That expansion didn't happen until four year after Clinton's tax hike and the was because the Republicans got the tax hike reduced. Time lines matter. You better check yours.
The deficit began to fall with Clinton's tax hike, which lowered interest rates, which expanded the economy and created jobs, that happened for the entire Clinton Administration. Bush came in with a GOP congress, cut taxes, the surplus vanished and the deficit began to grow, and after 7 years of tepid growth the economy collapsed.
Thanks from skews13
goober is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 11:54 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
But Congress can stifle expansion of business. And that's just what Clinton's tax hike did. Fallow that with Clinton signing onto the WTO agreement and it's not hard to figure out why Bush inherited a recession.
Redistribution? Aren't you talking about socialism? Taking from those that earned it and giving it to those that didn't. A radical idea that doesn't just affect the rich but also the middle class. Why anyone would think they have a right to what others earned is beyond me.
You are trying to deal with facts that don't fit your opinion.
They will never fit your view of the world, because they are facts, and your world view is based on mythology.
You can try to fast talk your way around this inconvenient truth, but it will never make sense. Which is why you fall back on your standard strawman.
I never called for redistribution of wealth, I'm calling for equitable distribution.
For a progressive tax rate, so that someone who claims 25 million in earnings for the year pays a higher rate than someone who claims 50,000 in earnings.
Thanks from Clara007
goober is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 12:04 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
But Congress can stifle expansion of business. And that's just what Clinton's tax hike did. Fallow that with Clinton signing onto the WTO agreement and it's not hard to figure out why Bush inherited a recession.
Redistribution? Aren't you talking about socialism? Taking from those that earned it and giving it to those that didn't. A radical idea that doesn't just affect the rich but also the middle class. Why anyone would think they have a right to what others earned is beyond me.
All men are not born equal, some are born intelligent and some are born stupid. All horses are not born equal, etc.

edit: just an allegory

Last edited by Twisted Sister; August 20th, 2017 at 12:16 PM.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 01:41 PM   #14
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
You are trying to deal with facts that don't fit your opinion.
They will never fit your view of the world, because they are facts, and your world view is based on mythology.
You can try to fast talk your way around this inconvenient truth, but it will never make sense. Which is why you fall back on your standard strawman.
I never called for redistribution of wealth, I'm calling for equitable distribution.
For a progressive tax rate, so that someone who claims 25 million in earnings for the year pays a higher rate than someone who claims 50,000 in earnings.

Why?
Thanks from caconservative
Sabcat is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Why?
Why the fuck not?
Hollywood is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 02:09 PM   #16
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Why the fuck not?
Ninja, pumpkin, jumping jack, hopscotch
Thanks from caconservative
Sabcat is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 02:10 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Why?
It involves a concept called marginal utility .

The more money is involved, the less utility each additional dollar has.

This is illustrated by the example of a millionaire lighting his cigar with a $100 bill.

Or that the practical difference between no car and a $10,000 car, is far greater than the practical difference between a $10,000 car and a $50,000 car.
Or to fine tune the example, the difference between a $10,000 car and a $20,000 car is greater than the difference between a $20,000 car and a $50,000 car.

So a progressive tax system that takes less of the more valuable dollars, and more of the less valuable dollars, is less of a drag on the economy.
Thanks from Hollywood
goober is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 02:13 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Ninja, pumpkin, jumping jack, hopscotch
See post #17.
Hollywood is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 03:21 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Ninja, pumpkin, jumping jack, hopscotch


Thanks from Sabcat
Clara007 is offline  
Old August 20th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,858
My current mission is repeal the anti-rooster law in Brown Township. When the rooster crows it is time to get up and go to work.

edit: I mean to do this which will give the recently moved in rich big city slickers a belly ache and I am aligning farmers with me as I write. No mercy given nor prisoners or slaves taken. I am surrounded by horse farmers and chicken farmers have right to revolt.
Thanks from Hollywood

Last edited by Twisted Sister; August 20th, 2017 at 04:30 PM.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
billionaires, code, nothings, rewrite, tax



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The billionaires who own America. GhostRider Americas 63 April 14th, 2017 11:38 AM
Rewrite the Constitution? goober Americas 234 November 18th, 2015 04:43 PM
Don't Let Corporations Rewrite Our Laws intangible child Current Events 10 January 9th, 2014 11:35 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.