Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree59Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:40 PM   #81
Death to Antifa
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 1,889
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.46018b3f110f
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Just because you say so? Or, have you anything to back up your declaration?
guy39 is offline  
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:10 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
20 people are shot by police.

16 of them are white 3 are African American 1 is Asian or native American.


44% of all police officers murdered were murdered by a someone in the demographic that makes up 13% of the population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Just because you say so? Or, have you anything to back up your declaration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
This meaningless BS....."20 people are shot by police.
16 of them are white 3 are African American 1 is Asian or native American.
"....appears nowhere in the article you're citing.

The article actually says.....

The Bottom Line
More white offenders than black offenders killed police between 1980 and 2013. Police officers were killed in ambush attacks by just as many black offenders as white offenders in the past three decades. There are no simple conclusions or trends that can be gleaned from the database alone, but it provides context that based on the raw numbers, officers are no more likely to be killed by black offenders than white offenders.
Thanks from imaginethat and Camelot
Ahgho Boogheroff is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:48 AM   #83
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 26,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahgho Boogheroff View Post
This meaningless BS....."20 people are shot by police.
16 of them are white 3 are African American 1 is Asian or native American.
"....appears nowhere in the article you're citing.

The article actually says.....

The Bottom Line
More white offenders than black offenders killed police between 1980 and 2013. Police officers were killed in ambush attacks by just as many black offenders as white offenders in the past three decades. There are no simple conclusions or trends that can be gleaned from the database alone, but it provides context that based on the raw numbers, officers are no more likely to be killed by black offenders than white offenders.
Hang around any time at all and you will see many examples of TNV either not reading his own links or not understanding them. It's quite common.
Thanks from Camelot
RNG is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Hang around any time at all and you will see many examples of TNV either not reading his own links or not understanding them. It's quite common.
Add guy39 to the list.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:40 PM   #85
Death to Antifa
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahgho Boogheroff View Post
This meaningless BS....."20 people are shot by police.
16 of them are white 3 are African American 1 is Asian or native American.
"....appears nowhere in the article you're citing.

The article actually says.....

The Bottom Line
More white offenders than black offenders killed police between 1980 and 2013. Police officers were killed in ambush attacks by just as many black offenders as white offenders in the past three decades. There are no simple conclusions or trends that can be gleaned from the database alone, but it provides context that based on the raw numbers, officers are no more likely to be killed by black offenders than white offenders.
Actually that is not true. That is total bullshit that your spinning. What percentage of the population is white and what percentage is black?
guy39 is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Actually that is not true. That is total bullshit that your spinning. What percentage of the population is white and what percentage is black?
Your ignorant opinions about what is true or not amount to meaningless bullshit. You are a known liar. You provide no evidence. You are very obviously too retarded to grasp statistics.

In the real world....where you seem to be constantly amazed that almost everyone believes the carefully fact-checked and accurate reporting from entities like The Washington Post over the fraudulent, evidence-free retarded drivel you spew.....

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, July 10th 2016, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

But as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer. Of all of the unarmed people shot and killed by police in 2015, 40 percent of them were black men, even though black men make up just 6 percent of the nationís population. And, when considering shootings confined within a single race, a black person shot and killed by police is more likely to have been unarmed than a white person. About 13 percent of all black people who have been fatally shot by police since January 2015 were unarmed, compared with 7 percent of all white people.

(source: Washington Post)
Ahgho Boogheroff is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #87
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,496
If more Whites are killed than Blacks then why aren't you all protesting?
Gordy is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #88
Banned
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 814
Because adults understand that shit happens.
Quigley is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #89
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,496
Right... So basically nobody cares and you're just throwing these faulty ass statistics around because you want to silence Black ppl? Got it.

If it's such a big deal, White ppl would be out here protesting police brutality in their communities. Why even mention it if it is not an issue?
Thanks from Camelot

Last edited by Gordy; September 28th, 2017 at 03:22 PM.
Gordy is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 04:12 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Because adults understand that shit happens.
And really really retarded adults imagine that saying "shit happens" is an actual excuse for racially motivated and institutionaized injustice and murder.

In the real world....

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, July 10th 2016, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

But as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer. Of all of the unarmed people shot and killed by police in 2015, 40 percent of them were black men, even though black men make up just 6 percent of the nationís population. And, when considering shootings confined within a single race, a black person shot and killed by police is more likely to have been unarmed than a white person. About 13 percent of all black people who have been fatally shot by police since January 2015 were unarmed, compared with 7 percent of all white people.

(source: Washington Post)
Ahgho Boogheroff is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
guys, lefty, lot, tough



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who are the Good Guys and Who are the Bad Guys? RNG Middle East 6 April 7th, 2015 02:43 PM
You Lefty's...Here is the thing.... antares Current Events 41 June 8th, 2014 10:48 AM
OPPs another lefty hypocrite. TNVolunteer73 Current Events 2 April 10th, 2014 01:41 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.