Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree40Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #11
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 26,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
No, they DID NOT.

They tried to shut down a RIOT.

It may be hard for you to discern the difference, but there is one.
Not to white nationalist, KKK and Nazi supporters.
RNG is offline  
Old September 19th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Not to white nationalist, KKK and Nazi supporters.
Are you an expert on white nationalists, KKK and nazi supporters?
discollector is offline  
Old September 19th, 2017, 03:01 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
The claim has been made Breitbart is a "fountain of bullshit".

Here's the thread, make your case. Specific examples please.
Seriously?

Breitbart claimed to have Obama's Kenyan Birth Certificate, they published pictures of it, and then when that one turned out to be an obvious fake, they presented another one, also an obvious fake.

They don't target people who want truth, they target morons who want to be told that what they believe is true.
Only complete fucking morons believe anything in Breitbart.
goober is offline  
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:29 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Seriously?

Breitbart claimed to have Obama's Kenyan Birth Certificate, they published pictures of it, and then when that one turned out to be an obvious fake, they presented another one, also an obvious fake.

They don't target people who want truth, they target morons who want to be told that what they believe is true.
Only complete fucking morons believe anything in Breitbart.
Sometimes, in defense of non-traditional news sources, they get fed information that looks credible, but is phony. I'm not a reader of Breitbart, but your judgment call did make me curious enough to pursue it tomorrow.

The reason I say that is that the first person I heard say Obama was born in Kenya was his grandmother. Then there always stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcd41RO25k

Then on Snopes.com:

"Is this booklet evidence that Barack Obama was actually born in Kenya? Not even the site that published it made that claim, noting in a disclaimer that:

Andrew Breitbart was never a “Birther,” and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of “Birtherism.” In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

… [W]e discovered, and now present, the booklet described below — one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review
.

It is evidence — not of the President’s foreign origin, but that Barack Obama’s public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times."

Obama's Literary Agent Said He Was Born in Kenya?

"In the bio, Obama is described as “Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii”. This booklet was first published in Brietbart and verified by Snopes. The excuse for the birthplace discrepancy is that the bio was written by some editor at the literary agency, not by Obama himself."

Articles: Obama Was the Original Birther


The fact is Obama successfully tried to be a Kenyan when it was convenient and an American when it wasn't. So, the argument that Breitbart readers are morons because Breitbart did not hire all the top private investigators, but took Obama at his word is disingenuous at best.

Again, I've never really followed that story except for the fact that I heard Obama's grandmother state it as fact (and I never took the interview out of context.) I don't recall ever reading any of Breitbart's news, but you've inspired me to look into it. IF Obama was not born in Kenya, then he is a flat out liar and even Breitbart cannot be expected to catch every lie.

BTW, having done some legal research on an unrelated case, I found out that when Obama was born, it was possible to be born in a foreign country and then come to the U.S. where it was standard operating procedure to issue a birth certificate in Hawaii up to a certain point.

In any event, Obama clearly put his loyalty to Kenya above that of his citizenship in the United States and could not, under our Constitution, be the legal president.

Last edited by discollector; September 19th, 2017 at 06:32 PM.
discollector is offline  
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
Sometimes, in defense of non-traditional news sources, they get fed information that looks credible, but is phony. I'm not a reader of Breitbart, but your judgment call did make me curious enough to pursue it tomorrow.

The reason I say that is that the first person I heard say Obama was born in Kenya was his grandmother. Then there always stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcd41RO25k

Then on Snopes.com:

"Is this booklet evidence that Barack Obama was actually born in Kenya? Not even the site that published it made that claim, noting in a disclaimer that:

Andrew Breitbart was never a “Birther,” and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of “Birtherism.” In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

… [W]e discovered, and now present, the booklet described below — one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review
.

It is evidence — not of the President’s foreign origin, but that Barack Obama’s public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times."

Obama's Literary Agent Said He Was Born in Kenya?

"In the bio, Obama is described as “Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii”. This booklet was first published in Brietbart and verified by Snopes. The excuse for the birthplace discrepancy is that the bio was written by some editor at the literary agency, not by Obama himself."

Articles: Obama Was the Original Birther


The fact is Obama successfully tried to be a Kenyan when it was convenient and an American when it wasn't. So, the argument that Breitbart readers are morons because Breitbart did not hire all the top private investigators, but took Obama at his word is disingenuous at best.

Again, I've never really followed that story except for the fact that I heard Obama's grandmother state it as fact (and I never took the interview out of context.) I don't recall ever reading any of Breitbart's news, but you've inspired me to look into it. IF Obama was not born in Kenya, then he is a flat out liar and even Breitbart cannot be expected to catch every lie.

BTW, having done some legal research on an unrelated case, I found out that when Obama was born, it was possible to be born in a foreign country and then come to the U.S. where it was standard operating procedure to issue a birth certificate in Hawaii up to a certain point.

In any event, Obama clearly put his loyalty to Kenya above that of his citizenship in the United States and could not, under our Constitution, be the legal president.
My point was that Breitbart published not one but TWO pathetic forgeries.
And all in the face of overwhelming evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii.

Most recently Breitbart published the obvious lies of Kris Kobach, GOP propagandist, about "proof of massive voter fraud".

The point is, Breitbart is usually wrong, why would anyone turn to it ?
goober is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:42 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
My point was that Breitbart published not one but TWO pathetic forgeries.
And all in the face of overwhelming evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii.

Most recently Breitbart published the obvious lies of Kris Kobach, GOP propagandist, about "proof of massive voter fraud".

The point is, Breitbart is usually wrong, why would anyone turn to it ?
On the birther issue you were proven wrong. The evidence suggests that Obama was born in Kenya... if you take Obama at his word. If anyone is at fault, it would be Obama for lying. Who would even think to investigate a man to see if he's lying about what he is - ESPECIALLY if it would have disqualified him from being president?

I don't believe in "massive voter fraud" either, but I will look into it and see if I can find proof that you are right. I guess I had hoped that you would provide the evidence. It's not enough to disbelieve. If you're going to call people morons, you have to provide evidence.

The real reason you hear tales about massive voter fraud is to prop up the pretexts that we should have this super duper National ID crap that would make Hitler's tattoo idea look like a walk in the park. Now, that you have the motive, you should tell us what proof you have that there was not massive voter fraud.
discollector is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 04:30 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 22,080
ah

"prove a negative"

always a great argument
Thanks from Camelot
tristanrobin is online now  
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:08 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
ah

"prove a negative"

always a great argument

Ah, deflection, always a great way to change the argument!
Sensible is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 06:52 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Ah, deflection, always a great way to change the argument!
Nope, discollector challenged goober to prove a negative, that voter fraud isn't a problem.

That's not the way honest debate goes.
Thanks from Camelot, Hollywood and Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:18 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Ah, deflection, always a great way to change the argument!
Bullshit, that was no defection he was indeed asked to prove a negative, was he not?
Hollywood is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
breitbart



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks, Breitbart! Clara007 Political Talk 1 May 17th, 2016 05:42 AM
Breitbart Criticizes Wrong Loretta Lynch LongWinded Current Events 0 November 11th, 2014 01:17 PM
Breitbart/O'Keefe; CLOSET WHITE-NATIONALISTS! Medicine Man Current Events 6 February 15th, 2014 07:44 AM
Andrew Breitbart Dead waitingtables Current Events 87 March 4th, 2012 12:11 PM
Sherrod plans to sue Breitbart CNN Current Events 48 August 3rd, 2010 04:58 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.