Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree27Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2017, 11:59 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
When??? 1787??....You are sure of that??
Yes, I am sure.
If I am wrong then that would mean by "arms" the FF were including crew served weapons under the 2nd Amendment.

Edit: Looked up online "Dictionary of the English Language by Samuel Johnson,
1763 3rd edition and 1792 edition."
Seems logical that dictionary would be in use in the days of the FF.

It defines arms as follows "Weapons of offence, or armour of defence."

So, according to the 2nd Amendment, where's my damned M-79???
Hollywood is online now  
Old October 10th, 2017, 12:19 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yes, I am sure.
If I am wrong then that would mean by "arms" the FF were including crew served weapons under the 2nd Amendment.

Edit: Looked up online "Dictionary of the English Language by Samuel Johnson,
1763 3rd edition and 1792 edition."
Seems logical that dictionary would be in use in the days of the FF.

It defines arms as follows "Weapons of offence, or armour of defence."

So, according to the 2nd Amendment, where's my damned M-79???
Hollywood, just admit that you don't approve of the Second Amendment or it's interpretation, don't worry, big government will always take care of you, just turn in or sell all your guns and vote Democratic.
Thanks from Sabcat
roastpork is offline  
Old October 10th, 2017, 12:25 PM   #43
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Hollywood, just admit that you don't approve of the Second Amendment or it's interpretation, don't worry, big government will always take care of you, just turn in or sell all your guns and vote Democratic.
I smell sarcasm
webguy4 is offline  
Old October 10th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Hollywood, just admit that you don't approve of the Second Amendment or it's interpretation, don't worry, big government will always take care of you, just turn in or sell all your guns and vote Democratic.
Just admit you know I'm right and all you have left is to say goofy shit about my admitting to shit i NEVER, EVER fucking said and it's really just something you made up in your head.
Why is it when you boys run out of logic and reason and basic big boy words you rely on made up shit, RW political bumper sticker talk and memes?

Don't want to deal with reality? Don't want to deal with what I actually said?
So you just make up what you claim is REALLY what I meant and/or believe? ...
Thanks from RNG
Hollywood is online now  
Old October 10th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Just admit you know I'm right and all you have left is to say goofy shit about my admitting to shit i NEVER, EVER fucking said and it's really just something you made up in your head.
Why is it when you boys run out of logic and reason and basic big boy words you rely on made up shit, RW political bumper sticker talk and memes?

Don't want to deal with reality? Don't want to deal with what I actually said?
So you just make up what you claim is REALLY what I meant and/or believe? ...
Hey Hollywood...RP just gave you a dose of your own bullshit....Exactly what you are bitchin' about you do on here every day.....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old October 10th, 2017, 04:12 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Hey Hollywood...RP just gave you a dose of your own bullshit....Exactly what you are bitchin' about you do on here every day.....
You see him provide any credible proof whatsoever that I did not approve of the 2nd Amendment? A quote of a post of mine, anything?

You disagree of my quote from Mr. Johnson's dictionary's definition, which was published and in use at the time the FF's lived and wrote?

He was just talking shit, just like you are doing right now.

Carry on.
Hollywood is online now  
Old October 10th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

You disagree of my quote from Mr. Johnson's dictionary's definition, which was published and in use at the time the FF's lived and wrote?.
ahhhh???...where did I disagree with Johnson's dictionary definition??...Got these imaginary arguments floating around in your gourd again????
Jimgorn is offline  
Old October 10th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
ahhhh???...where did I disagree with Johnson's dictionary definition??...Got these imaginary arguments floating around in your gourd again????

You see the question mark? I was asking you a question.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Hollywood is online now  
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:47 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You see the question mark? I was asking you a question.
Never answer a question with a question that I am more than sure that Clara knows. Never apologize for anything that I am more than sure that Clara knows.

Clara is the benchmark of Politeness.
Thanks from Hollywood
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 04:25 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
avlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Matosinhos Portugal
Posts: 891
Las Vegas Shooting

There has been a shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada. 50 people killed at latest count. Shooter a 64-year-old white American.

I'm sorry to tell the Americans these crimes is the dish of the day.
for us Europeans is not news.
everything is a business, sell guns newspapers the business of justice, because no country in the world has real justice. the value of the life of a human being is zero
avlis is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
america, states, stop, united, weapons



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Say evil of europe and united states america avlis World History 0 August 28th, 2017 12:18 PM
United States of America Kipper Americas 3 December 6th, 2016 10:52 AM
George Bush and the United States of America coke Americas 11 November 18th, 2015 07:10 PM
FACT SHEET: Nuclear Weapons Employment Strategy of the United States The White House The White House 0 June 19th, 2013 06:30 AM
Joint Statement of the Presidents of the United States of America and the Russian Fed The White House The White House 0 June 17th, 2013 11:50 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.