Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree76Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2017, 04:53 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
WOWZAAA, Team DTT! That was a rousing discussion and I enjoyed it. Here's my story.

I am a Christian. I love my church--dearly love it. My grandmother was the organist at my childhood church for 60 years--never got paid a penny. I sat with her on the organ bench during choir practice and sometimes on Sunday mornings. My mother took me to services, the potlucks, the fundraisers and even to clean the church from the time I was very young. So the church was "home" to me.
I love the rituals in the church--the ceremony--the music--the gospel--the guidance. I love the purpose of my church--the work at the food pantry--the volunteering for missions---the fundraisers--the Bible study. I love the kitchen in my church--the camaraderie while we prepare meals, desserts, and coffee for our ladies groups and the speakers who enlighten us. My church makes me happy and always has, but.....
NOT EVERYONE feels the same way. Period.
I have made my choice but each person must make THEIR choice. Not everyone in my family goes to church. Not everyone believes the same way I do. What DO I achieve by forcing/pushing my love of God (and my church) on them? Nothing. I've tried and it doesn't work.
God created us as unique individuals, each with our own sense of what is right or wrong--just or unjust. We were each given gifts and choices--intelligence and experiences which have shaped us. Hopefully, we are all loved and cherished. Hopefully, we have all made contributions to the world we live in.
Whether we believe or not, we do the best we can with the tools we've been given. We don't have to believe there's a God, but those of us who do believe know one thing for sure. We are not alone.
I love church. I also love the Word and the Holy Spirit. That's what set me freem
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 4th, 2017, 04:57 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Answer MY question. Male and female becoming one flesh. What does that mean?
It means YOUR interpretation of Christianity does not allow same sex marriage. It also means YOUR interpretation of Christianity should not allow divorce.

Yet in all the debate about same sex marriage not one person on DTT nor any major member of the GOP called for a Constitutional Amendment banning divorce or banning people who diverted from getting married again. PLENTY of calls for laws and Constitutional Amendments banning same sex marriage.

Yet the Scripture you quoted seems condemn divorce at least as strongly as same sex marriage. Seems like cherry picking to me.
Thanks from Hollywood
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:14 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
It means YOUR interpretation of Christianity does not allow same sex marriage. It also means YOUR interpretation of Christianity should not allow divorce.

Yet in all the debate about same sex marriage not one person on DTT nor any major member of the GOP called for a Constitutional Amendment banning divorce or banning people who diverted from getting married again. PLENTY of calls for laws and Constitutional Amendments banning same sex marriage.

Yet the Scripture you quoted seems condemn divorce at least as strongly as same sex marriage. Seems like cherry picking to me.
It's not my interpretation. I didn't write it. The bible says marriage is a male and female, not my interpretation. Yes, the Scripture condemns divorce. God's will is for marriage to be male and female and be a sacred covenant for life. That's God's plan. Same-sex marriage is not God's will and neither is divorce.

Last edited by BS Filter; November 4th, 2017 at 06:18 PM.
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:19 PM   #94
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
It's not my interpretation. I didn't write it. The bible says marriage is a male and female, not my interpretation. Yes, the Scripture condemns divorce. God's will is for marriage to be male and female and be a sacred covenant for life. That's God's plan. Same-sex marriage is not God's will and neither is divorce.
Are you as in favor of making divorce illegal as you are of making same sex marriage illegal?
RNG is offline  
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:24 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Are you as in favor of making divorce illegal as you are of making same sex marriage illegal?
No. Divorce must be allowed because sometimes there is abuse. Marriage is a male and female. There is no such thing as same-sex marriage.
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
It's not my interpretation. I didn't write it. The bible says marriage is a male and female, not my interpretation. Yes, the Scripture condemns divorce. God's will is for marriage to be male and female and be a sacred covenant for life. That's God's plan. Same-sex marriage is not God's will and neither is divorce.
It is YOUR interpretation. I never said your interpretation was correct nor did I say it was wrong.

Iím asking why prohibitions on gay couples getting married are more important then ones prohibiting divorced people from getting married?

Youíre avoiding that question
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #97
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
No. Divorce must be allowed because sometimes there is abuse. Marriage is a male and female. There is no such thing as same-sex marriage.
Are people who marry in a Hindu Temple married in your view? How about couples who just go to a JP?

Or, oh shudder, a Mosque?
RNG is offline  
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:16 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
It is YOUR interpretation. I never said your interpretation was correct nor did I say it was wrong.

Iím asking why prohibitions on gay couples getting married are more important then ones prohibiting divorced people from getting married?

Youíre avoiding that question
Again, the Scripture says marriage is a male and female. Read it yourself. Marriage has been a male and female since marriage was invented. Not my interpretation.
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Are people who marry in a Hindu Temple married in your view? How about couples who just go to a JP?

Or, oh shudder, a Mosque?
If they're a male and female, yes, they're married. Since you brought up muslims, they don't believe in same-sex marriage either, yet you wouldn't dare confront them.

Last edited by BS Filter; November 4th, 2017 at 07:20 PM.
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:30 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
If they're a male and female, yes, they're married. Since you brought up muslims, they don't believe in same-sex marriage either, yet you wouldn't dare confront them.
Any Muslims members here and posting on the topic?
No? There ya' go...
Hollywood is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
churchstate, double, gop, hypocrisy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here we go again !! Double hypocrisy !!! BubbaJones Americas 18 October 5th, 2017 03:45 PM
Church and State? and what they want US to believe! intangible child Americas 0 January 22nd, 2016 12:26 PM
More Red State Lies And Hypocrisy Camelot Current Events 1 October 6th, 2015 10:34 AM
Church and State ? azchurchmouse Americas 222 December 26th, 2013 09:11 AM
The Hypocrisy of the Catholic Church Nwolfe35 Christianity 401 August 12th, 2013 09:40 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.