Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree44Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:38 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Damn.............................................. .........

So, if Roy Moore has a history of teen love affairs, which he probably doesn't because, well you know, women lie, but, if he did, it's the left's fault.

This isn't an either/or situation. As you say, "Both sides do it." That's true, but it doesn't erase Moore's history, nor the two times he was removed from office for violating his oath of office, which is to protect and defend the Constitution, you know, the thing you fought for.
That WHOOSH you just heard was the point of my post going right over your head IT. NOTHING in my post excused the bad behavior of anyone, nor did it blanketly condemn anyone. But the fact is that the side who completely excused Bill Clinton does not have clean hands in this current crop of bad actors, and pointing out their hypocrisy is not off limits here. They want to scream "THAT WAS 25 YEARS AGO" and not shoulder any of the blame for what it has metastasized into now. NOTHING happens in a vacuum and EVVERYTHING that does happen and goes unchecked DOES contribute to future bad behavior.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:42 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
As usual the "Left" misses the point. The point is that it's wrong ALL of the time and had you nipped in the bud when Billy Boy did it we might not be experiencing this crap now. The fact is that when you excused it in the 90's people were paying attention and this is a large part of why we're where we're at now. What he did did not happen in a vacuum and we're all paying the price now. The elephant in the room now is that since this Moore thing began the "Dems" have been outed as being as bad as it gets with more f their people taking a hit than the Pubs are.
The 90's are long gone, and if you think you can keep beating that dead horse to push your failed narratives to a whole new generation of voters, you might want to look at what happened in the elections earlier this month. Which by the way were fueled by younger voters in historic turn out numbers.

The "fact is" your side is getting ready to get buried along with the 80's and the 90's.

I would also remind you that Clinton's approval ratings went up after those investigations, and went up again after his impeachment hearings.

People like you will be sitting in wheelchairs in nursing homes in the not so distant future babbling about emails and dresses, right before the nice nurse gives your medicine for the night.
skews13 is offline  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:47 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
As usual the "Left" misses the point. The point is that it's wrong ALL of the time and had you nipped in the bud when Billy Boy did it we might not be experiencing this crap now. The fact is that when you excused it in the 90's people were paying attention and this is a large part of why we're where we're at now. What he did did not happen in a vacuum and we're all paying the price now. The elephant in the room now is that since this Moore thing began the "Dems" have been outed as being as bad as it gets with more f their people taking a hit than the Pubs are.
When Clinton was being accused, it was at the same time he was being accused of murdering his attorney, and several other murders, and running a huge cocaine smuggling operation, and about 50 other serious crimes.
If the right wasn't making so much shit up maybe people could focus on the one accusation that may have had merit.
If there is anything that even now casts doubt on the Juanita Broderick story it's that it comes with 100 proven lies attached.

The only thing Roy Moore has been accused of is having an eye for very young women when he was in his 30's.
And all the people coming forward are proving evidence to back that up.
No one is saying he murdered people, no one is saying he heads a drug cartel, no one has even accused him of shoplifting, just a whole bunch of credible witnesses to his predilection to pursue very young women, some of whom were underage.

He's not being accused of a crime, the statute of limitations precludes that, he is being accused of being a creepy dude. That's what the evidence supports.

Last edited by goober; November 25th, 2017 at 10:51 AM.
goober is offline  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:47 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
That WHOOSH you just heard was the point of my post going right over your head IT. NOTHING in my post excused the bad behavior of anyone, nor did it blanketly condemn anyone. But the fact is that the side who completely excused Bill Clinton does not have clean hands in this current crop of bad actors, and pointing out their hypocrisy is not off limits here. They want to scream "THAT WAS 25 YEARS AGO" and not shoulder any of the blame for what it has metastasized into now. NOTHING happens in a vacuum and EVVERYTHING that does happen and goes unchecked DOES contribute to future bad behavior.
The WHOOSH you heard were my points you didn't address going right over your head. I addressed your points which are boilerplate right wing talking points: bringing up Clinton and stating that the left can't comment on Moore because of its past sins.

Has anyone on the right shown anything but approval of Moore, even if doing that means the testimonies of some 30 people are dismissed for the word of one good ol' boy?

There's why "the left," which is anyone you don't agree with, has picked up the gauntlet.
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:47 AM   #25
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Damn.............................................. .........

So, if Roy Moore has a history of teen love affairs, which he probably doesn't because, well you know, women lie, but, if he did, it's the left's fault.

This isn't an either/or situation. As you say, "Both sides do it." That's true, but it doesn't erase Moore's history, nor the two times he was removed from office for violating his oath of office, which is to protect and defend the Constitution, you know, the thing you fought for.
And of course there was no sexual impropriety, especially by the RW before Bill Clinton. He started it all. It's all his fault. Hang him. Jail isn't good enough.

Kill all his children too, it might be in their genes. Hell, kill people he touched in case it's contagious.
Thanks from imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:47 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The 90's are long gone, and if you think you can keep beating that dead horse to push your failed narratives to a whole new generation of voters, you might want to look at what happened in the elections earlier this month. Which by the way were fueled by younger voters in historic turn out numbers.

The "fact is" your side is getting ready to get buried along with the 80's and the 90's.

I would also remind you that Clinton's approval ratings went up after those investigations, and went up again after his impeachment hearings.

People like you will be sitting in wheelchairs in nursing homes in the not so distant future babbling about emails and dresses, right before the nice nurse gives your medicine for the night.
.....an there it is, the "it's ok when our "side" does it" defense..
Quigley is offline  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:48 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
And of course there was no sexual impropriety, especially by the RW before Bill Clinton. He started it all. It's all his fault. Hang him. Jail isn't good enough.

Kill all his children too, it might be in their genes. Hell, kill people he touched in case it's contagious.
....and the hits just keep coming. I condemned all of this behavior and you are defending it. Amazing. Show where I claimed it started with Bill....oh wait, you can't you simply lying. Again.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley
As usual the "Left" misses the point. The point is that it's wrong ALL of the time and had you nipped in the bud when Billy Boy did it we might not be experiencing this crap now. The fact is that when you excused it in the 90's people were paying attention and this is a large part of why we're where we're at now. What he did did not happen in a vacuum and we're all paying the price now. The elephant in the room now is that since this Moore thing began the "Dems" have been outed as being as bad as it gets with more f their people taking a hit than the Pubs are.
The 90's are long gone, and if you think you can keep beating that dead horse to push your failed narratives to a whole new generation of voters, you might want to look at what happened in the elections earlier this month. Which by the way were fueled by younger voters in historic turn out numbers.

The "fact is" your side is getting ready to get buried along with the 80's and the 90's.

I would also remind you that Clinton's approval ratings went up after those investigations, and went up again after his impeachment hearings.

People like you will be sitting in wheelchairs in nursing homes in the not so distant future babbling about emails and dresses, right before the nice nurse gives your medicine for the night.
Well, running with Quig's point, I think far more "moral" damage was done by the point-blank hypocrisy of serial adulterer Gingrich leading the charge against Clinton.

Seldom does life serve up a better center-cut slice of hypocrisy.
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
.....an there it is, the "it's ok when our "side" does it" defense..
Are you really that blind, or are you just posting for effect, you know, trolling?

That's EXACTLY what your side is saying, and don't bother with the "independent" guise, please.
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 25th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
.....an there it is, the "it's ok when our "side" does it" defense..
Actually, it's a little more nuanced than that.
Bill Clinton isn't on the ballot next month, Roy Moore is.
How many times have you heard the "left" whine about underage prostitutes in the Reagan White House?
That's in the past, it's over, it's done.
We are concerned with the future, the election next month, pitting a decent man against a child molester who has already been convicted twice of violating the constitution.
That's the reality.
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
end, shame



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No pride, no shame RNG Americas 51 November 18th, 2016 12:51 PM
The shame of Illinois roastpork Americas 9 September 2nd, 2016 08:02 AM
Shame on them. roastpork Current Events 6 October 6th, 2014 11:26 PM
Such a shame... tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 55 August 29th, 2007 08:07 PM
Do The Democrats Have NO Shame? Jefferson Political Talk 3 August 2nd, 2006 08:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.