Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #31
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Expand on that please.
Sorry, i missed this post. I think Clara is far more correct than any of us guys have been in this thread.
Thanks from Clara007
Panther is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:52 PM   #32
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Bill Clinton, at no time, was never even accused of being sexually involved with minors, not ever by anyone.
When did i say he did? The only connection this issue has between Moore and Clinton and others is the abuse of power and aggressive sex on uninterested parties.
Thanks from Sabcat and discollector
Panther is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:52 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I repeat, have you completely lost your mind?
What on earth would give you the idea I "worship a government God?"
The United States is most certainly NOT a fucking theocracy.
What exactly is your problem with my statement?
Do not TELL me what my "reasoning" is, do not TELL what I worship.
My post you are, in theory at least, answering it there for all to see. What in it is untrue or inaccurate? Stop talking shit about what you THINK or ASSUME I meant and deal with what I actually said, you know as in reality.
I'm not assuming a damn thing, Hollywood. What you said is what you said. In post # 4 YOU wrote:

"The U.S. is NOT a fucking theocracy, the only thing that matters is what our secular laws say on the matter."

Then I stipulated that America is not a theocracy, whereupon you come all indignant like with:

"The United States is most certainly NOT a fucking theocracy." (Post #24)

You ask me if I'm losing my mind. Do YOU even have a mind? What are YOU arguing about? It's been established that America is not a theocracy. You keep quoting me, but there is no argument... just you trying to sound like you're schooling people. WTH, dude?

YOU told us both directly, and by inference, what you believe in. You support a secularist viewpoint (which you've stated) and you make no room for any Christian value in your view of America.

The only logical and reasonable conclusion is given. You keep trying to start fights and argue against common sense; you play an idiotic game where you attack others but, never overtly tell them where you stand. That way, you can claim everybody is below you and you are superior to the rest of us. But, today, you got busted. That little game of semantics was only going to get you so far.

Inventing shit to argue about is shallow. If, indeed, America had no Christian influence as you claim then its values are predicated upon something... and you ascribe it to secular law. Secular law is consistent with the principles of the Humanist Manifesto and humanism has been declared the equivalent of a religion by our federal courts.

Now, you can put on an act or simply accept the facts for what they are. If Christians had no influence in the laws of this country, YOU must own the current condition. It's under your laws that shaped society's view about right and wrong; when to report alleged criminal activity; when not to, etc.
discollector is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #34
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Sorry, i missed this post. I think Clara is far more correct than any of us guys have been in this thread.
I agree about Clara's post, but as much of a cliché as it is, it is fundamentally true that today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

Clinton is yesterday. The Republican President and Moore are today and tomorrow.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:56 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
I'm not assuming a damn thing, Hollywood. What you said is what you said. In post # 4 YOU wrote:

"The U.S. is NOT a fucking theocracy, the only thing that matters is what our secular laws say on the matter."

Then I stipulated that America is not a theocracy, whereupon you come all indignant like with:

"The United States is most certainly NOT a fucking theocracy." (Post #24)

You ask me if I'm losing my mind. Do YOU even have a mind? What are YOU arguing about? It's been established that America is not a theocracy. You keep quoting me, but there is no argument... just you trying to sound like you're schooling people. WTH, dude?

YOU told us both directly, and by inference, what you believe in. You support a secularist viewpoint (which you've stated) and you make no room for any Christian value in your view of America.

The only logical and reasonable conclusion is given. You keep trying to start fights and argue against common sense; you play an idiotic game where you attack others but, never overtly tell them where you stand. That way, you can claim everybody is below you and you are superior to the rest of us. But, today, you got busted. That little game of semantics was only going to get you so far.

Inventing shit to argue about is shallow. If, indeed, America had no Christian influence as you claim then its values are predicated upon something... and you ascribe it to secular law. Secular law is consistent with the principles of the Humanist Manifesto and humanism has been declared the equivalent of a religion by our federal courts.

Now, you can put on an act or simply accept the facts for what they are. If Christians had no influence in the laws of this country, YOU must own the current condition. It's under your laws that shaped society's view about right and wrong; when to report alleged criminal activity; when not to, etc.
This is what makes his previous post hilarious, all he EVER does is try and tell you what you REALLY said. These people never take responsibility for the things they do, for the things they say or the things they cause. Never, they're like little children blaming everyone else for everything that goes wrong.
Thanks from Sabcat, Jimgorn and discollector
Quigley is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 01:08 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
When did i say he did? The only connection this issue has between Moore and Clinton and others is the abuse of power and aggressive sex on uninterested parties.
I just said it. No point in even comparing Bill Clinton to Roy Moore. Moore's "specialty" was minors. Clinton always fooled around with ADULT females.
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
I'm not assuming a damn thing, Hollywood. What you said is what you said. In post # 4 YOU wrote:

"The U.S. is NOT a fucking theocracy, the only thing that matters is what our secular laws say on the matter."

Then I stipulated that America is not a theocracy, whereupon you come all indignant like with:

"The United States is most certainly NOT a fucking theocracy." (Post #24)

You ask me if I'm losing my mind. Do YOU even have a mind? What are YOU arguing about? It's been established that America is not a theocracy. You keep quoting me, but there is no argument... just you trying to sound like you're schooling people. WTH, dude?

YOU told us both directly, and by inference, what you believe in. You support a secularist viewpoint (which you've stated) and you make no room for any Christian value in your view of America.

The only logical and reasonable conclusion is given. You keep trying to start fights and argue against common sense; you play an idiotic game where you attack others but, never overtly tell them where you stand. That way, you can claim everybody is below you and you are superior to the rest of us. But, today, you got busted. That little game of semantics was only going to get you so far.

Inventing shit to argue about is shallow. If, indeed, America had no Christian influence as you claim then its values are predicated upon something... and you ascribe it to secular law. Secular law is consistent with the principles of the Humanist Manifesto and humanism has been declared the equivalent of a religion by our federal courts.

Now, you can put on an act or simply accept the facts for what they are. If Christians had no influence in the laws of this country, YOU must own the current condition. It's under your laws that shaped society's view about right and wrong; when to report alleged criminal activity; when not to, etc.
Where did I say Christians had "NO influence in the laws of this country?"
I said we were not a theocracy, which you agree with. That means, to you at least, that I'm saying Christians had NO influence?
That's absurd!
Thanks from imaginethat
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 02:14 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,844
"Anyone who judges the individual by the group is a pea-wit. You take men as they come, one at a time." The Killer Angels, Michael Shaara

I am and always have been an "evangelical christian," and I don't buy any of today's loud-mouthed right-wing pseudo-spiritual BS. The truth is that there were probably as many "evangelical christians" who voted for Obama and Hilllary as for Mitt Romney and for Donald Trump; and FYI Trump himself is not one of us. Please try to keep in mind that DT won in the Electoral College with less than 50% of the electorate. I was one of those "hypocrites" who voted against him, as did my wife and my adult offspring.

Could we please NOT be such naive pseudo-intellectuals bigots who we believe every person who bears an assigned label must of necessity be of the same solitary robotic mind. That would be like saying that "all Atheists must be immoral perverts because they reject the concept of sin and accountability to God." Let's not thump our chests while wallowing in the ridiculous.

Dear god, a little recognition and consideration for individuality.
Thanks from skews13 and Clara007
Asimov is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 02:28 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,640

Last edited by imaginethat; November 26th, 2017 at 04:20 PM.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Where did I say Christians had "NO influence in the laws of this country?"
I said we were not a theocracy, which you agree with. That means, to you at least, that I'm saying Christians had NO influence?
That's absurd!
Where you ask? For the third time on this thread alone:

"The U.S. is NOT a fucking theocracy, the only thing that matters is what our secular laws say on the matter." Post # 4 of this thread.

That is YOUR words, sir. You own them. I'm not bothering to challenge what you're saying. Everybody is simply watching you try to weasel out of it.

You continue to try to argue against yourself. It is hilarious. When I first came here, the right swore and be damned that I was on the left. When you and I got into it, the left claims I'm a rightwingnut (sic.) Dude, I can't be both! You can't hold others responsible for what you did say.

Hollywood, you like playing games where you are the judge, jury and executioner. You never make a post outright committing to anything. You falsely believe it makes you bullet - proof and we can't challenge what you say because you never overtly committed to anything.

It's not a very good game when EVERYBODY sees through it.

The OP starts out with presuming Christians are hypocrites. Okay, so stipulated. You claim that America is not a theocracy. So stipulated. So, either America was founded on Christian principles or ONLY on secular laws as you claim. That was your claim, sir. I'm following the road that YOU and you alone are paving. You just didn't like the destination because you can't bullshit your way through this.

You are trying to be flippant. I'm only pointing out what you did say relative to the issue at hand.
discollector is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
america, biggest, christians, evangelical, exposing, hypocrites



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump, America's biggest embarrassment! GhostRider Americas 10 April 6th, 2017 09:30 PM
5 of the Biggest Acts of Corporate Hypocrisy in America LongWinded Economics 14 October 20th, 2015 01:12 PM
America is the biggest-growing welfare state in the world, with only economic juggern guy39 Current Events 237 February 19th, 2014 01:44 AM
Why are evangelical Christians so &$#%^ stupid? Nwolfe35 Christianity 4 April 10th, 2013 11:07 AM
America Was NOT Founded by Christians... Debunking the Myth... tadpole256 Religion 20 August 6th, 2006 12:08 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.