Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2017, 03:27 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Point taken Asimov. I think in this case the article was aimed at the 81% of the evangelical base of support for Trump that is also in support of Moore.
That does leave 19% of evangelicals that didn't.
Not to be difficult, but I would like to know the source of these numbers. I think a lot of "evangelicals" simply refuse to wear the label for fear of being stigmatized. In my church there is consideration of dropping the name "evangelical" altogether because of all the BS associated with it. In that case we would just call ourselves the local Free Church. That won't change what any of us believe, but it would relegate us out of the equation and skew the numbers even further to the right. I wonder if a number of other churches haven't done the same.

Do you know the source of your numbers?
Asimov is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Here's the problem then that needs to be cleared up. Why is this applying to Moore now and not Clinton then. He had many women accusing him of sexual misdeeds in the past as a state representative of Arkansas and into the time of his candidacy and terms of office as President.

Why did he get a pass and certain others don't? Until this is addressed, anything said by one side to the other doesn't mean shit and everyone likes wasting their breaths, logic be damned! Or they just like to be trolled. I don't know which?

Our standards have really fallen below the threshold of sucking.
Bill did not "get a pass" from conservatives/Republicans. He got a pass from many Democrats, just like many Republicans are now giving a pass to Moore.
The ONLY different I see is at least Bill was never accused of molesting minors in any way.
American politics is disgraceful.
Thanks from imaginethat and Panther
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 03:37 PM   #53
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
From my observations, there is no such thing as yesterday's political scandal in politics concerning a living statesman.
As I said, whataboutism lives on and on.

No one is justifying Clinton's actions. Some people, including myself consider them to be lesser sins than those of Moore and the Republican President.

And Clinton has at most the possible incredibly minor potential to affect you and I in the future, whereas the Republican President and Moore have the potential to and have in fact affected you and I.
Thanks from Camelot and Hollywood
RNG is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 03:40 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post


We'll be forever grateful to Sarah Hale. What a gal!

Thanks, Skews.
Clara007 is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Moore isn't in a court of law, the statute of limitations has expired, so he won't be in court with a charge. So he is innocent, he won't be going to prison.

Now, as far as his reputation goes.
He can bring a court case, sue the people accusing him, if his accusers are lying, that's what he'll do, that's what he's entitled to, If his accusers are being paid off to lie, he could recover some huge damage awards.

If he did do all that shit, he won't go to court, because that would just prove that he's a piece of shit.


Here's what gets me. Even if you throw out all the sexual molestation stuff and the pedophilia, his supporters seem to be overlooking the fact that he refused to follow the state or federal constitution. He cheated on his taxes. He's a liar and fraud. Why would anyone want a lawmaker who ignores our constitution? AND our laws?
Thanks from imaginethat, Camelot and Asimov
Clara007 is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #56
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
bill did not "get a pass" from conservatives/republicans. He got a pass from many democrats, just like many republicans are now giving a pass to moore.
The only different i see is at least bill was never accused of molesting minors in any way.
american politics is disgraceful.
agreed!!!
Panther is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #57
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
As I said, whataboutism lives on and on.

No one is justifying Clinton's actions. Some people, including myself consider them to be lesser sins than those of Moore and the Republican President.

And Clinton has at most the possible incredibly minor potential to affect you and I in the future, whereas the Republican President and Moore have the potential to and have in fact affected you and I.
Okay. Say no more. I can't think of anything else too say where i wouldn't be repeating myself.
Panther is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
Where you ask? For the third time on this thread alone:

"The U.S. is NOT a fucking theocracy, the only thing that matters is what our secular laws say on the matter." Post # 4 of this thread.

That is YOUR words, sir. You own them. I'm not bothering to challenge what you're saying. Everybody is simply watching you try to weasel out of it.

You continue to try to argue against yourself. It is hilarious. When I first came here, the right swore and be damned that I was on the left. When you and I got into it, the left claims I'm a rightwingnut (sic.) Dude, I can't be both! You can't hold others responsible for what you did say.

Hollywood, you like playing games where you are the judge, jury and executioner. You never make a post outright committing to anything. You falsely believe it makes you bullet - proof and we can't challenge what you say because you never overtly committed to anything.

It's not a very good game when EVERYBODY sees through it.

The OP starts out with presuming Christians are hypocrites. Okay, so stipulated. You claim that America is not a theocracy. So stipulated. So, either America was founded on Christian principles or ONLY on secular laws as you claim. That was your claim, sir. I'm following the road that YOU and you alone are paving. You just didn't like the destination because you can't bullshit your way through this.

You are trying to be flippant. I'm only pointing out what you did say relative to the issue at hand.
Textbook false dichotomy. That's a ridiculous statement clearly false on its face.

And please, we've been doing well. Please STOP the Hollywood Wars Reprise.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:25 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
There is for people like RNG, he's as big a perv as Clinton is so he will do or say anything to protect him. I wouldn't let either of them close to any children n my family.
Ditto for RNG Wars. Cut the damned personality debates. Now.
Thanks from Hollywood and Clara007
imaginethat is online now  
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:31 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Here's what gets me. Even if you throw out all the sexual molestation stuff and the pedophilia, his supporters seem to be overlooking the fact that he refused to follow the state or federal constitution. He cheated on his taxes. He's a liar and fraud. Why would anyone want a lawmaker who ignores our constitution? AND our laws?
AAAAHHHHHH But Clara, he violated those laws and rulings IN DEFENSE OF THEIR RELIGION !!!!! Moore and many, if not most, of his supporters DON'T CARE about the constitution or all those damned activist judges when the laws and rulings disagree with their personal interpretations of the parts of the bible they CHOOSE to believe in.

They LACK the fundamental understanding that we are ALL equal under the law, even if were aren't all evangelicals. They don't just think, they fully believe that THEIR personal religious beliefs OUTWEIGH and are MORE IMPORTANT than the constitution or any federal or state law they disagree with for religious reasons. They are NOT concerned with fairness. They are NOT concerned with equality. In some cases they are not even concerned with simple right and wrong. They THINK they want a Christian Theocracy !! So they'll vote for man they would normally find totally repugnant just to maintain their political power. They are selling their souls to the devil for a political ideology.
Thanks from Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
america, biggest, christians, evangelical, exposing, hypocrites



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump, America's biggest embarrassment! GhostRider Americas 10 April 6th, 2017 09:30 PM
5 of the Biggest Acts of Corporate Hypocrisy in America LongWinded Economics 14 October 20th, 2015 01:12 PM
America is the biggest-growing welfare state in the world, with only economic juggern guy39 Current Events 237 February 19th, 2014 01:44 AM
Why are evangelical Christians so &$#%^ stupid? Nwolfe35 Christianity 4 April 10th, 2013 11:07 AM
America Was NOT Founded by Christians... Debunking the Myth... tadpole256 Religion 20 August 6th, 2006 12:08 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.