Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree50Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:26 PM   #11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
The real question is how could anyone professing to be a Christian vote for Trump?

Wake the f*#@ up. Many stayed home, or Trump would have also won the popular vote in spite of California' over 4-million win for Hillary.

Those who did had a simple enough reason. Another 4-years of what Obama had done was unacceptable. They found that more morally disturbing than sexual peccadilloes.
Thanks from webguy4 and roastpork
Updike is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:26 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
White Evangelicals, This is Why People Are Through With You


I doubt that any white evangelicals will take the time to read this - or even attempt to grasp the truths within the text.
But, it is all true for those of us who are through with you. Christians, Jews, Atheists, people of all religions - we're just through with you.
Hopefully, you'll read this and think about it with an open mind ... though I seriously (and sadly) doubt that it is possible for you to do so.

I'm not going to cut and paste any of it. Just give the link.

It's put into a short few paragraphs everything that so many of us have spent hours and hours and hundreds of thousands of words attempting to get across plainly and cleanly.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/
Link:
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/
One or two in ten to whom this applies will read it, and they'll disagree with it.

The tongues of evangelicals who lamented the morality of Obama and Clinton have become paralyzed on the topic, and when their tongues do move they talk about how God has used evil people to achieve his goals, and making America great again is one of God's goals, so supporting Trump is not just OK; it's aligned God's will.

That point has been made on DTT.
Thanks from Camelot and Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:27 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updike View Post
Wake the f*#@ up. Many stayed home, or Trump would have also won the popular vote in spite of California' over 4-million win for Hillary.

Those who did had a simple enough reason. Another 4-years of what Obama had done was unacceptable. They found that more morally disturbing than sexual peccadillo's.
Talk about missing the point....
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:28 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
This thread is about as racist as a thread can be.

Goddamn America!
Goddamn America with a thanks from Jimmyb.

Noted.
Thanks from catus felis
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:28 PM   #15
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Talk about missing the point....

You certainly did, Ollie.
Updike is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:29 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updike View Post
You certainly did, Ollie.
That's Stan.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:30 PM   #17
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
This thread is about as racist as a thread can be.

Goddamn America!

Ah, but typical of the left. When in doubt, fall back onto race.
Thanks from webguy4
Updike is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:31 PM   #18
Bee-boo-be-bop
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 24,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
White Evangelicals, This is Why People Are Through With You


I doubt that any white evangelicals will take the time to read this - or even attempt to grasp the truths within the text.
But, it is all true for those of us who are through with you. Christians, Jews, Atheists, people of all religions - we're just through with you.
Hopefully, you'll read this and think about it with an open mind ... though I seriously (and sadly) doubt that it is possible for you to do so.

I'm not going to cut and paste any of it. Just give the link.

It's put into a short few paragraphs everything that so many of us have spent hours and hours and hundreds of thousands of words attempting to get across plainly and cleanly.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/
Link:
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/


What does the amount of melanin that they were born w/ have anything to do w/ anything?


You postmodernists are absolutely disgusting.
Thanks from guy39, Sensible and Updike
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:33 PM   #19
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
That's Stan.

Yes, I know, it was a line Stan used. But I think of you more as Ollie.
Updike is offline  
Old January 28th, 2018, 01:18 PM   #20
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
White Evangelicals, This is Why People Are Through With You


I doubt that any white evangelicals will take the time to read this - or even attempt to grasp the truths within the text.
But, it is all true for those of us who are through with you. Christians, Jews, Atheists, people of all religions - we're just through with you.
Hopefully, you'll read this and think about it with an open mind ... though I seriously (and sadly) doubt that it is possible for you to do so.

I'm not going to cut and paste any of it. Just give the link.

It's put into a short few paragraphs everything that so many of us have spent hours and hours and hundreds of thousands of words attempting to get across plainly and cleanly.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/
Link:
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/
I admit, i started reading it and stopped after a couple of paragraphs.

Our conversations sound like a broken record.

Either Bush was the most nationally abused president or Obama is. Either Clinton was the most unethical president or Trump is.

I don't give a shit anymore. What are the pros and cons of their policies and their effectiveness for the country?

Can we balance both in our conversations without getting side tracked with emotional pity? Without ideological vindictiveness? Can conservatives point to the pros of the Obama adminstration anymore than liberals can for the Trump administration?

If we can do this, than the progress craved by liberals will commence again with more respect paid to conservative fears for tradition and vice versa.

Just my grumble opinion.
Thanks from roastpork, guy39 and Sabcat
Panther is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
evangelicals, people, white



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are You Genuinely Outraged About White Supremacy? A Question For White People In Ligh EbonyBreeCaple Racism 166 November 27th, 2017 01:35 PM
How White People Can Combat White Supremacy EbonyBreeCaple Racism 220 December 28th, 2016 09:11 PM
The Difference Between White People and Black People aDifferentperspective Current Events 11 September 15th, 2014 04:57 PM
White People tadpole256 Immigration 70 October 3rd, 2009 07:08 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.