Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree13Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2018, 11:33 AM   #11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You ... have ... no ... basis ... to ... say ... there ... is ... no ... crime ... of ... collusion ... with ... Russia, though everyone understands that's what your handlers have told you must be said, comrade.

As well ... you ... have ... no ... basis ... to ... call ... Mueller's ... investigation ... a ... witch ... hunt, though again everyone understands that's what your handlers have told you must be said, comrade.

You really have zero comprehension. There is no crime of collusion with Russia, I am not the only one saying it, and note that there is never any mention of what statute that would fall under. Further, regulations at 28 CFR 600 et seq demand that a crime be specified, which Rosenstein did not do. Thus a witch hunt.

Though your pathetic attempt at character assassination are duly noted, it is the refuge of someone who has no knowledge of actual facts.
Thanks from Jimgorn
Updike is offline  
Old February 16th, 2018, 10:25 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 15,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updike View Post
You really have zero comprehension. There is no crime of collusion with Russia, I am not the only one saying it, and note that there is never any mention of what statute that would fall under. Further, regulations at 28 CFR 600 et seq demand that a crime be specified, which Rosenstein did not do. Thus a witch hunt.

Though your pathetic attempt at character assassination are duly noted, it is the refuge of someone who has no knowledge of actual facts.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/polit...nce/index.html

Nothing to see here. Move along.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 16th, 2018, 05:18 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
So What??... Mueller indicts 13 Russians....Big fuckin' Whup!!....He still had no specific crime to investigate.... He was given carte blanch authority to muck around in an amorphous area of speculated election tampering...yet ignores the apparent collusion between the Russians and the Hillary campaign....that is by definition a witch hunt...

A year and a half of this, and what does he have??...13 dumb amateur Russian hackers, and a couple of Americans indicted for "crimes" that had nothing to do with the Trump campaign.... The American people are sure getting their monies worth for this one...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old February 16th, 2018, 06:59 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Then what is the crime that Mueller was told to investigate..?? Collusion is not a crime, no matter what your handlers have told you to say Komrade
Here is what Special Counsel is authorized to investigate

Quote:
The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI

Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i)

any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(c)

(ii)

any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii)

any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is

authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

And here is the section that describes the jurisdiction
Quote:
§ 600.4 Jurisdiction.
(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

(b)Additional jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel's jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere.
goober is offline  
Old February 16th, 2018, 08:30 PM   #15
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,031
All this concern with Russian interference and hints and questions about whether Trump has some sort of business dealings motivating his reluctance to kick off another war front...with the other country that has thousands of nuclear warheads....all this and yet no similar concerns asking what his motivations are for granting everything on Israel's wish list, nor selling the Saudis billions in whatever weapons they want to prosecute the ongoing war crimes in Yemen...which also goes on with direct and essential US military assistance.

Last year, the late Robert Parry asked 'why no similar probes of Netanyahu and Israeli Government attempts to interfere with the US Election...they weren't exactly hiding their disdain for Obama, because of his mild milquetoast criticisms of Israeli policy in occupied territories, and couldn't say enough good things about Trump and preferences for a change in government in Washington...but no Israel probe! Actually, Parry was asking it as a rhetorical question, cause he, you, me and everybody who's slightly been paying attention already knows the reasons:

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/2...f-israel-gate/
right to left is offline  
Old February 16th, 2018, 08:31 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
All this concern with Russian interference and hints and questions about whether Trump has some sort of business dealings motivating his reluctance to kick off another war front...with the other country that has thousands of nuclear warheads....all this and yet no similar concerns asking what his motivations are for granting everything on Israel's wish list, nor selling the Saudis billions in whatever weapons they want to prosecute the ongoing war crimes in Yemen...which also goes on with direct and essential US military assistance.

Last year, the late Robert Parry asked 'why no similar probes of Netanyahu and Israeli Government attempts to interfere with the US Election...they weren't exactly hiding their disdain for Obama, because of his mild milquetoast criticisms of Israeli policy in occupied territories, and couldn't say enough good things about Trump and preferences for a change in government in Washington...but no Israel probe! Actually, Parry was asking it as a rhetorical question, cause he, you, me and everybody who's slightly been paying attention already knows the reasons:

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/2...f-israel-gate/
Why not an investigation of Obama interfering in the Israeli election?
Thanks from webguy4 and Jimgorn
guy39 is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #17
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Why not an investigation of Obama interfering in the Israeli election?
You mean this one....and Israel wasn't Obama's only foreign interference:
https://spectator.org/obamas-meddlin...-six-examples/
Quote:
During Israel’s 2015 elections, the Obama administration — led by Secretary of State John Kerry — illegally intervened when they attempted to defeat the reelection of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by covertly funneling State Department grants to opposition groups. The Obama administration detested Netanyahu due to his refusal to cave into Palestinian demands, a group that even refused to recognize the existence of Israel.

Obama’s State Department gave $350,000 to a group called the “One Voice Movement (OVM),” for supporting “peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine.” However, the State Department then used leftover funds to organize an effort against Netanyahu’s reelection. OVM contracted out a group called “V15,” which in turned hired five campaign experts from the U.S., including Obama’s field director from his last presidential campaign. As the Weekly Standard’s Jim Swift wrote, “once the infrastructure was built, it was used in an attempt to topple the government of one of America’s closest allies.”
https://spectator.org/obamas-meddlin...-six-examples/

I imagine most Democrats and Washington Neocons excuse Obama's regime change attempt in Israel because Netanyahu was using AIPAC and his billionaire zionist friends in America to try to help out Republicans!

A lot of Americans though, who are willing and brave enough to try to do an honest assessment of the contention that Israel is America's indispensable ally in the Middle East, ask if the high costs of maintaining the Israeli fortress state are worth the costs militarily and diplomatically elsewhere. Obama was one of many prior presidents who decided the costs required having a say in who wins Israeli elections!

But the only president...through cabinet officials, who was willing to ask openly if the costs were justified was George HW Bush/not Clinton!...who did try to cobble together a fix through multibillion dollar bribes to make intransigent problems like Jerusalem and the Right of Return for Palestinians...who unlike Israelis, actually have proof of residency before expulsion to surrounding Arab nations. For awhile, according to the flutter on CNN, it looked like Billy had found Arafat's price; BUT his own party and growing numbers of Palestinian hardliners let Arafat reason that he would be dead in a short time if he signed on to the deal/and certainly would no longer be a president of any P.A.!

The US Government has a long history of foreign interference and INTERVENTION, trying to force the changes when an intransigent foreign population chooses otherwise. Especially after WWII, when America was as quietly as possible seeking to displace England as the pre-eminent global empire...and even more important: replace the Pound with the Dollar as global banking and exchanges preferred currency for trading, the Soviet Union made an easy target to justify a permanent state of war and neverending military buildup, and more crucial: the transformation of the OSS into the CIA under Allan Dulles, meant a US administration could argue it was justified to interfere everywhere and anywhere in the world....and it has: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig..._United_States

So, what does all the crap about what the Russians are doing....or claimed to have done impact free speech over here right now? Back in the 50's...when the Red Scare was drummed up and Joe McCarthy and allies wanted to demolish freedoms using security concerns as the excuse! Now that we have recently learned that the Trump Admin is going to shift away from the mostly self-inflicted and created Global War on Terror --back to the traditional great power rivalries, it's hello WWIII, and prepare for a new range of unamerican activities to be created and prosecuted as crimes aiding and abetting the 'enemy!'

Last edited by right to left; February 17th, 2018 at 09:40 AM.
right to left is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 04:48 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Here is what Special Counsel is authorized to investigate




And here is the section that describes the jurisdiction
§ 600.4 Jurisdiction.
(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

(b)Additional jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel's jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere.


And what was that specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated ??...The Steel Dossier??...or some drunk babbling in a bar??
Thanks from Purple Haze
Jimgorn is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 05:07 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
This is why if Manafort fights he will eventually win.

And what is going on in the Flynn matter? The judge ordering Mueller to make available evidence, this after Flynn plead guilty and waived his right to any further evidence.
Mueller has nothing on them that will hold water....I believe Mueller just shot his wad, because he has nothing and wants to save face before he wraps this mess up....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old February 17th, 2018, 10:26 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Mueller has nothing on them that will hold water....I believe Mueller just shot his wad, because he has nothing and wants to save face before he wraps this mess up....
I believe you're wrong about Mueller, but we'll see.
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
facts, probe, russia, undisputed



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Russia Probe Gears Up After August Recess Camelot Current Events 2 December 19th, 2017 06:48 PM
Democrats fear Russia probe blowback Maverick Current Events 2 August 6th, 2017 05:30 AM
Did the FBI retaliate against Michael Flynn by launching Russia probe? League of Justice Current Events 10 June 28th, 2017 02:26 AM
Sessions steps aside from Russia probe RNG Current Events 2 March 2nd, 2017 03:00 PM
The FBI Talked to the White House About Its Russia Probe. That Was Probably Against t excalibur Current Events 0 February 25th, 2017 01:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.