Defending The Truth Political Forum

Defending The Truth Political Forum (http://defendingthetruth.com/political-forums.php)
-   Americas (http://defendingthetruth.com/americas/)
-   -   Trump's STAGGERING Dereliction of Duty (http://defendingthetruth.com/americas/64870-trumps-staggering-dereliction-duty.html)

tristanrobin February 19th, 2018 06:07 AM

Trump's STAGGERING Dereliction of Duty
 
National security adviser H.R. McMaster is in the news — and apparently in the presidential doghouse — for stating the obvious: that evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election is “now really incontrovertible.” So it is appropriate to take, as this column’s theme, the title of McMaster’s book on the Vietnam war, “Dereliction of Duty.”

McMaster was writing about military leaders’ failure to stand up to presidents who insisted on pursuing an unwinnable war. Now, in the White House in which McMaster serves, the dereliction of duty starts at the top. And, as the past several days have shown, President Trump’s failure is dereliction on a grand, unprecedented scale: We find ourselves at war without a commander in chief; in national mourning without a consoler in chief; and in political gridlock without a negotiator in chief.

The first is the most appalling and most terrifying. “Incontrovertible,” McMaster said, and so it is for anyone who bothers to read the indictment of 13 Russians for running a massive operation not only to disrupt the election but to do so to Trump’s benefit. But of course Trump never has and apparently never will be able to accept this. Is it his fragile ego that cannot tolerate the implicit challenge to his legitimacy? Is it something more sinister?

This much is clear: For whatever reason, Trump is unwilling to accept the reality of what happened in 2016 and, more alarming, unwilling to do his duty to seek to prevent it from happening again. We are at war with an enemy plotting to undermine our democracy, and our supposed leader, far from working to halt this, seems determined to ignore it. Where is Trump’s outrage now that the evidence against Russia is public, not that he needed to wait for that? It is invisible.

Instead, Trump’s anger is directed against McMaster, for omitting the untrue party line: “General McMaster forgot to say that the results of the 2016 election were not impacted or changed by the Russians and that the only Collusion was between Russia and Crooked H, the DNC and the Dems. Remember the Dirty Dossier, Uranium, Speeches, Emails and the Podesta Company!”

Trump’s anger is directed against the democratic institutions that have rallied to discover what happened and seek to prevent its recurrence: “If it was the GOAL of Russia to create discord, disruption and chaos within the U.S. then, with all of the Committee Hearings, Investigations and Party hatred, they have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. They are laughing their asses off in Moscow. Get smart America!”

Laughing their asses off in Moscow, indeed. There has been not one word, not one syllable of presidential anger directed toward the people who did this.

But there is no depth to which Trump will not sink in defense of the only thing he holds dear: himself. And so, the nation witnessed a tweet in which the president, a leader to whom the country once looked for healing in times of national tragedy, instead used innocent victims, high school children mowed down in their own school, to make his bogus, self-interested point: “Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!”

Did he? Did he really use dead children to attack an investigation into his campaign and his conduct in office? Yes, he did. This is a person devoid of empathy. He can experience the world only through the prism of his own ego. He can read the requisite words from a teleprompter — “To every parent, teacher, and child who is hurting so badly, we are here for you — whatever you need, whatever we can do, to ease your pain” — but he is incapable of feeling them. No one who imagines the shattered heart of a grieving parent could have written that despicable tweet.

Finally, a word about the “dreamers,” and the impending, unnecessary tragedy of Trump’s own making. He wanted a “bill of love” to protect the dreamers, Trump told us. “I will be signing it,” he said of any congressional deal to allow these promising innocents to remain. Trump broke the inadequate status quo for dreamers when he rescinded President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals order allowing them to stay. Then he failed to fix it. Then, with an unnecessarily belligerent and premature veto threat, Trump got in the way of lawmakers of good faith attempting a solution.

“Dereliction of duty” is not a strong enough term to describe this man’s abysmal performance.

by Ruth Marcus

Read More and Related Articles: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pinions&wpmm=1

tristanrobin February 19th, 2018 06:11 AM

I understand why many people chose to vote for D.J.Trump over H.Clinton in the national election.

Hell, I didn't even vote for her in the primary - she wasn't my first choice either!

But, how anybody who calls himself an America can support this man is totally beyond my comprehension. I keep hearing, "he's doing what we elected him to do." And what is that?! What has he done? Beyond trying to un-do anything that President Obama achieved - not for the betterment of America (we all know that) but for for his own petty vindictive reasons.

I'm so bewildered. Yes, and angry. But, mostly just confused and bewildered how supposedly patriotic citizens can support this charlatan and lying conman.

goober February 19th, 2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristanrobin (Post 1143609)
I understand why many people chose to vote for D.J.Trump over H.Clinton in the national election.

Hell, I didn't even vote for her in the primary - she wasn't my first choice either!

But, how anybody who calls himself an America can support this man is totally beyond my comprehension. I keep hearing, "he's doing what we elected him to do." And what is that?! What has he done? Beyond trying to un-do anything that President Obama achieved - not for the betterment of America (we all know that) but for for his own petty vindictive reasons.

I'm so bewildered. Yes, and angry. But, mostly just confused and bewildered how supposedly patriotic citizens can support this charlatan and lying conman.

For the people who voted for him, he appears to be doing a decent job.

Unemployment is down, the economy is growing, we haven't been attacked, so it's all good.
The huge increase in the deficit hasn't happened, the freaking out over the debt, battle between spending cuts and tax increases, hasn't happened yet.
And there aren't a lot of people among that group who have anything more than a rudimentary understanding of economics.
So when you tell them, The economy is going to grow at 3+% and that is going to take care of the deficit, they believe it, it all seems great.
Even when it gets dicey, and it is going to get dicey, they'll blame Democrats, they don't have the intellectual capacity to sort it out, so they won't.

justoneman February 19th, 2018 08:01 AM

Great another full article that could have been linked.

Nwolfe35 February 19th, 2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justoneman (Post 1143626)
Great another full article that could have been linked.

Great, another Trump sychophants complaining about how the information was presented or its source instead of actually commenting on the content.

Jimgorn February 19th, 2018 09:19 AM

Want an example of "Dereliction of Duty" ??...

After the bombing of Khobar Towers Saudi Arabia were linked to the mastermind Usama bin Laden....A Predator Drone observes Usama bin Laden out in the open in Kandahar Province Afghanistan....A request to "terminate with prejudice" the target goes up to President Bill Clinton, who is out on a golf course... Clinton puts off ordering the strike, for fear of endangering some Saudi's who were in the area on their annual bird hunt....Target escapes....Sept. 11, 2001, we all know what happened.....Now that is "Staggering"

When Trump gets anywhere near this level of Dereliction, let me know....until then....just more hysterics from the TDS crowd...

tristanrobin February 19th, 2018 09:46 AM

I love this one LOL.

Trump lashes out over Russia probe in angry and error-laden tweetstorm"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...nl_most&wpmm=1

I'm not copying anything to keep juststoneman from blowing a gasket - I think he's taking private lessons from Dear Leader on how to be really petty and childish B)

BubbaJones February 19th, 2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimgorn (Post 1143661)
Want an example of "Dereliction of Duty" ??...

After the bombing of Khobar Towers Saudi Arabia were linked to the mastermind Usama bin Laden....A Predator Drone observes Usama bin Laden out in the open in Kandahar Province Afghanistan....A request to "terminate with prejudice" the target goes up to President Bill Clinton, who is out on a golf course... Clinton puts off ordering the strike, for fear of endangering some Saudi's who were in the area on their annual bird hunt....Target escapes....Sept. 11, 2001, we all know what happened.....Now that is "Staggering"

When Trump gets anywhere near this level of Dereliction, let me know....until then....just more hysterics from the TDS crowd...

What he said was, the drone strike would have killed 300 women and children. Can YOU honestly say that with the information they had at the time, YOU would have ordered the deaths of innocent women and children just to kill bin Laden ?

And what about the fact, the Taliban offered to hand bin Laden over to Bush ?? All we had to do was show them some proof of bin Laden's connection to 9/11. We could have saved 15 years, 6000 soldiers and $2 Trillion dollars fighting over there.

skews13 February 19th, 2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristanrobin (Post 1143608)
National security adviser H.R. McMaster is in the news — and apparently in the presidential doghouse — for stating the obvious: that evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election is “now really incontrovertible.” So it is appropriate to take, as this column’s theme, the title of McMaster’s book on the Vietnam war, “Dereliction of Duty.”

McMaster was writing about military leaders’ failure to stand up to presidents who insisted on pursuing an unwinnable war. Now, in the White House in which McMaster serves, the dereliction of duty starts at the top. And, as the past several days have shown, President Trump’s failure is dereliction on a grand, unprecedented scale: We find ourselves at war without a commander in chief; in national mourning without a consoler in chief; and in political gridlock without a negotiator in chief.

The first is the most appalling and most terrifying. “Incontrovertible,” McMaster said, and so it is for anyone who bothers to read the indictment of 13 Russians for running a massive operation not only to disrupt the election but to do so to Trump’s benefit. But of course Trump never has and apparently never will be able to accept this. Is it his fragile ego that cannot tolerate the implicit challenge to his legitimacy? Is it something more sinister?

This much is clear: For whatever reason, Trump is unwilling to accept the reality of what happened in 2016 and, more alarming, unwilling to do his duty to seek to prevent it from happening again. We are at war with an enemy plotting to undermine our democracy, and our supposed leader, far from working to halt this, seems determined to ignore it. Where is Trump’s outrage now that the evidence against Russia is public, not that he needed to wait for that? It is invisible.

Instead, Trump’s anger is directed against McMaster, for omitting the untrue party line: “General McMaster forgot to say that the results of the 2016 election were not impacted or changed by the Russians and that the only Collusion was between Russia and Crooked H, the DNC and the Dems. Remember the Dirty Dossier, Uranium, Speeches, Emails and the Podesta Company!”

Trump’s anger is directed against the democratic institutions that have rallied to discover what happened and seek to prevent its recurrence: “If it was the GOAL of Russia to create discord, disruption and chaos within the U.S. then, with all of the Committee Hearings, Investigations and Party hatred, they have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. They are laughing their asses off in Moscow. Get smart America!”

Laughing their asses off in Moscow, indeed. There has been not one word, not one syllable of presidential anger directed toward the people who did this.

But there is no depth to which Trump will not sink in defense of the only thing he holds dear: himself. And so, the nation witnessed a tweet in which the president, a leader to whom the country once looked for healing in times of national tragedy, instead used innocent victims, high school children mowed down in their own school, to make his bogus, self-interested point: “Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!”

Did he? Did he really use dead children to attack an investigation into his campaign and his conduct in office? Yes, he did. This is a person devoid of empathy. He can experience the world only through the prism of his own ego. He can read the requisite words from a teleprompter — “To every parent, teacher, and child who is hurting so badly, we are here for you — whatever you need, whatever we can do, to ease your pain” — but he is incapable of feeling them. No one who imagines the shattered heart of a grieving parent could have written that despicable tweet.

Finally, a word about the “dreamers,” and the impending, unnecessary tragedy of Trump’s own making. He wanted a “bill of love” to protect the dreamers, Trump told us. “I will be signing it,” he said of any congressional deal to allow these promising innocents to remain. Trump broke the inadequate status quo for dreamers when he rescinded President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals order allowing them to stay. Then he failed to fix it. Then, with an unnecessarily belligerent and premature veto threat, Trump got in the way of lawmakers of good faith attempting a solution.

“Dereliction of duty” is not a strong enough term to describe this man’s abysmal performance.

by Ruth Marcus

Read More and Related Articles: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pinions&wpmm=1

Trump has clearly failed to faithfully execute the laws of the United States, a violation of his oath of office, and all by itself an impeachable offense.

Failing to act adequately to protect the national security of the United States allows for his removal under the 25th Amendment.

Jimgorn February 19th, 2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaJones (Post 1143673)
What he said was, the drone strike would have killed 300 women and children. Can YOU honestly say that with the information they had at the time, YOU would have ordered the deaths of innocent women and children just to kill bin Laden ?

And what about the fact, the Taliban offered to hand bin Laden over to Bush ?? All we had to do was show them some proof of bin Laden's connection to 9/11. We could have saved 15 years, 6000 soldiers and $2 Trillion dollars fighting over there.

Clinton had 4 chances to off bin Laden....and the Taliban offered bin Laden up to Clinton....Not Bush


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.