Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree27Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2018, 02:40 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
We'll find out soon enough what's happened to the GOP. November 6, 2018.

The voters will let us know what they think of the Trump administration and his congress.
Didn't you say the same thing about the last Presidential election.
Thanks from Sabcat
roastpork is offline  
Old March 7th, 2018, 04:13 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Look up the word “conservative” in the dictionary. It does not even closely apply to these right wing extremists. I never use the “C”-word when addressing them. I only hold contempt in my heart for them.

So you hold contempt in your heart for those of us who hold the US Constitution in reverence??... Those who want to "Conserve" that sacred document??...That's kool, I shall defend your right to be ignorant......because I hold people who want to shred that document in abject contempt...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old March 7th, 2018, 04:35 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
The majority of Americans are "in the middle" this is why it is so important that the polititions and legacy media push this identity politics crap. Keep the huttled masses fighting amungst one and other. Encourage tribalism. Shit politics has replaced sports for the most part ti fill that "us vs them" my team is better 5han your team" void.


I spend a lot of time w/ gen z in a very, very liberal city. I have worked/ both the debate and speech teams. They for the most part do not care about all that shit. The hyper sensitive millennials and younger gen x liberals are their teachers. They are sick to death of this and that. They have had the internet in their pockets all their lives. You cant lie to them or pretend you know something. They just look it up. They understand sourcing and what is just opinion bs. They have had everything from YouTube to youporn on their phones. They could give a shit less if sally is a transgendered-bi racial- lesbian but do not see why she should be able to cut in line and get the last chocolate milk because of it. It is refreshing.

I am not kidding when i compare todays leftists to the religious right of the 80s and 90s.

Liber-vangicals

They are just pushing some different crazy dogma.
Donald J. Trump is the personification of some crazy dogma.

For a fact, the young do not support DJ. Why? You said it:

You cant lie to them or pretend you know something. They just look it up.
Thanks from tristanrobin, Lyzza and Clara007
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 7th, 2018, 04:41 PM   #24
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Donald J. Trump is the personification of some crazy dogma.

For a fact, the young do not support DJ. Why? You said it:

You cant lie to them or pretend you know something. They just look it up.


That's nice....what is your point?












at least it wasn't about russians
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 8th, 2018, 10:36 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,265
To me, both major political parties are just bad and corrupt. Both political parties work in collusion with each other to keep independents and third party movements from gaining any traction whatsoever. On the Presidential level, it is very difficult for a serious third party candidate to actually win the election, more than likely, the vote will split three ways and if the third party candidate wins a share of states, no one will reach 270, the election will go to the House, who will not choose the Third Party candidate.

The Republicans also tax and spend like the Democrats. No difference. Also, the wars have continued under Bush and Obama, and now under Trump. No change. The whole tax cut thing is nice I guess, but the problem is the size of government, and with less tax revenue coming in the coffers, the more the government will have to borrow money to meet their obligations. Just simple math.

The American government is extremely bloated, and needs to be cut down to size. I am an obese man trying to lose weight (and succeeding!), and enjoy a show on TLC called "My 600 pound life". Well, the governmemt is like the 800 pound behometh human who cannot get out of bed, even to use the toilet, yet eats gargantuan amounts of food. We the tax payers are forced to clean, bathe and feed this beast (the government being the beast, not the people on the show), wash and clean its ass. The Republicans say always that they want to cut the size and scope of government, but they never do it. The Federal government can be cut by 40 percent at least. Lots of waste, lots of government programs that can end, quit the wars, reform education, stop the War on Drugs, privatize. Can be done and everyone would be much better for it.

$25 Trillion dollar deficits, bad schools, endless wars, crime, a poor economy being propped by smoke and mirrors, the devaluation of the American currency. Who has been in power the last hundred years (and well, since Lincoln), Republicans and Democrats. Harry Truman once said a deficit is merely borrowing from ourselves. No dipshit, a deficit is a debt that cannot be repaid by the taxpayer who is forced to pay it. And he was a Democrat.
senor boogie woogie is offline  
Old March 9th, 2018, 03:21 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Didn't you say the same thing about the last Presidential election.


I say the same thing about every election because it's a fact?? Your point?

Why are facts so hard to swallow for you boys??
Thanks from Lyzza
Clara007 is online now  
Old March 9th, 2018, 05:00 AM   #27
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I say the same thing about every election because it's a fact?? Your point?

Why are facts so hard to swallow for you boys??
Besides, you were right about '16 anyway

The people did choose, but the electoral college went the other way.....
Thanks from Clara007
Lyzza is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
happened, party, republican



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tea Party's Defeat Of Cantor Could Eventually Spell Doom For The Republican Party skews13 Current Events 11 July 22nd, 2016 11:20 PM
What happened to the Tea Party revolt over the PATRIOT Act? intangible child Americas 7 June 2nd, 2015 06:01 PM
'Tea Party' more popular than Republican Party NoMoreDems-Reps Politicians 12 December 12th, 2009 06:38 PM
The Republican Party :: What Happened? tadpole256 Political Talk 16 January 26th, 2009 08:28 PM
The Republican Party IS the Party of Values... tadpole256 Political Talk 21 August 20th, 2005 06:10 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.