Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree69Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2018, 08:37 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You can repeat experiments w/ the same results to prove that theory. The same cannot be said for evolution. Sure. It's the best we got but settled? I don't know.
There are no experiments that have determined why gravity works. We can predict how it will work, where it will work, when it will work, but why it will work isn't in the realm of science presently.

That the fossil record shows a steady increase in life's complexity and diversity truly isn't deniable. From the fossil record we can see how evolution works, where it worked and when, but like gravity we can't explain why that molecule, DNA, over time produced increasingly diverse and complex variations of itself.

Truly Sab, that much is settled.
Thanks from Hollywood and Lyzza
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 7th, 2018, 09:46 PM   #42
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
There are no experiments that have determined why gravity works. We can predict how it will work, where it will work, when it will work, but why it will work isn't in the realm of science presently.

That the fossil record shows a steady increase in life's complexity and diversity truly isn't deniable. From the fossil record we can see how evolution works, where it worked and when, but like gravity we can't explain why that molecule, DNA, over time produced increasingly diverse and complex variations of itself.

Truly Sab, that much is settled.

Sure. But it is entirely feasible that tens of thousands of years ago aliens came to earth and spliced their dna w/ the monkeys that evolved here creating a new form of life.

We don't know.




We can drop a ball and it will fall. What experiments can we preform that "prove" evolution?

It's a stupid argument because we do not know. We may think we know. But we do not.

Somehow in the last few decades people have replaced religion w/ state and science. Now they follow their dogmas blindly just the same. And when someone questions this blind faith they believe that they are some how superior to them. It is just silly.
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 7th, 2018, 10:22 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Sure. But it is entirely feasible that tens of thousands of years ago aliens came to earth and spliced their dna w/ the monkeys that evolved here creating a new form of life.

We don't know.




We can drop a ball and it will fall. What experiments can we preform that "prove" evolution?

It's a stupid argument because we do not know. We may think we know. But we do not.

Somehow in the last few decades people have replaced religion w/ state and science. Now they follow their dogmas blindly just the same. And when someone questions this blind faith they believe that they are some how superior to them. It is just silly.
On that last point I disagree, but it's probably pointless to debate it with ya. You're smart. You know that science replaced religion in the unholy alliance of religion and government that has existed for millennia and still exists today. However, government has evolved. In fact, our system of government requires people more evolved than we are to work well. And, our Founders wisely chose to to fuse government and religion ...... once again.

It's possible aliens "seeded" the DNA of higher primates. It's possible that aliens seeded the earth with DNA. It's possible we're aliens. It's probable that I'm an alien....

But, we're just one species. The fossil record documents millions upon millions of species, all variations on the DNA molecule. In that record, very clearly species steadily have evolved from one-celled creatures to the complex life forms observed today. That's not arguable using a science-based argument.

Sure, the observation of increasing complexity and diversity in the fossil record isn't the same as Galileo dropping stuff from the Tower of Pisa, but cannot be honestly discounted either.

If primates somehow are exempt from evolution, an explanation is required for the anomaly.
Thanks from Lyzza
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 8th, 2018, 01:26 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I dissagree w/ the notion that science is ever actually settled and we know very little about our history of mankind. More and more evidence is coming up that not only civilization but advanced civilizations of mankind is far, far older then ever thought before.
@Sabcat

Can you elaborate here? That is, particularly the part where you stated, "not just civilization but advanced civilizations of mankind is far, far older then ever thought before"
xMathFanx is offline  
Old March 8th, 2018, 03:14 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
This attitude is a major reason why they lost the presidential election and why they will continue to loose. Let them keep it up. As long as they continue to preach from their ivory towers they will continue to distance themselves from average americans.


Ivory towers?? Distance themselves from average Americans? WHAT the heck?
Do you think teachers live/preach in ivory towers and distance themselves?? Well, that would be awesome, but NO. AND... shame on us for wanting a president who had some governing experience--some knowledge of constitutional law, legislative acumen, foreign policy savvy and just a touch of morality. Shame on us for wanting cabinet members and advisors who actually KNEW what they were doing.
Slightly more than one-THIRD of this country voted for Donald J (for Genius) Trump. Not sure why you and your team continue to ignore this statistic. Trump's win had nothing to do with Liberal's attitudes, preachiness, or disconnect from everyday Americans because we ARE everyday Americans.

Here are some more statistics: Only 54% of Americans voted. (If "Mr. Did Not Vote" had been on the ballot--HE WOULD HAVE WON the presidency.)
53% of WHITE MEN voted for Trump. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump. 53% of seniors voted for Trump. 80% of WHITE evangelicals voted for Trump. These numbers explain WHY Trump won.

*White men
*White Evangelicals
*White blue-collar workers
*White men without a college degree
*Old white people
AND only half our electorate SHOWED UP.

Who did NOT vote for Trump--all those Ivory Tower people who have distanced themselves from "REAL" Americans?
*People of color
*People with disabilities
*Immigrants
*Women
*College educated
*Millennials

Do you think over 200 million people are going to learn from their mistakes? In November 2018? THAT's the big question. WILL THEY GO TO THE POLLS?
Thanks from Lyzza

Last edited by Clara007; March 8th, 2018 at 03:17 AM.
Clara007 is online now  
Old March 8th, 2018, 04:20 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
The premise of this thread goes a long way in demonstrating just how arrogant, condescending and ignorant the left is.....Maybe I'll just say that those people who voted and inflicted the corrupt Obama Administration on us were also a pack if ignorant buffoons...
Meaningless partisan babbling. *shrug*
Thanks from Lyzza
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 8th, 2018, 04:21 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
This attitude is a major reason why they lost the presidential election and why they will continue to loose. Let them keep it up. As long as they continue to preach from their ivory towers they will continue to distance themselves from average americans.
Ivory towers???...
Thanks from Lyzza
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 8th, 2018, 04:23 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Explain that gibberish, please....
There are mid-term elections coming up this fall. You have not heard?
Thanks from Lyzza
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 8th, 2018, 04:26 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Yeah, sounds hyperbolic to me and a bit condescending too but whatever I'm not going to get into a pointless debate over evolution. We do not know that is how it went down.
Oh please, you LOVE pointless debate.
Thanks from Lyzza and Clara007
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 8th, 2018, 04:27 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
What attitude?
Any attitude they make up and then try to insist is reality.
Hollywood is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
electorate, ignorant, problem, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump ignorant about NATO GhostRider Americas 55 March 21st, 2017 09:09 AM
Trump, the most ignorant president ever. GhostRider Americas 12 February 11th, 2017 05:11 PM
The main problem with Trump is, he's a fool. GhostRider Americas 3 June 10th, 2016 04:52 AM
Trump's problem with women reason10 Current Events 32 May 29th, 2016 09:35 AM
President Obama Heard The Electorate: Go Left skews13 Current Events 11 November 16th, 2014 01:51 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.