Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2018, 09:47 AM   #1
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,219
How about an actual successful businessman for president?

There is much speculation this morning that the CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz resigned primarily to take a run at the Democratic Presidential nomination in 2020.

TTBOMK, he is under experienced. He hasn't gone bankrupt even once.

There are many reports this morning but I still like the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44364388
RNG is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,530
That little event with the Black men may be his undoing.
caconservative is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 10:28 AM   #3
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
That little event with the Black men may be his undoing.
Thay was a giant clusterfuck. He would do well in Canada.
Thanks from caconservative
Sabcat is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 10:38 AM   #4
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Trump is quite successful in Business and as POTUS.

Why would we want a someone you would support. You were predicting a crash in the Dow just a few weeks ago..

Your judgment of people and facts, has a track record as the White Star Line with ocean liners.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 12:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
That little event with the Black men may be his undoing.
Yeah right, he personally called up that Starbucks employee and told him to kick those guys out.
You people don't even TRY to make sense any more.
Hollywood is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 12:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
There is much speculation this morning that the CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz resigned primarily to take a run at the Democratic Presidential nomination in 2020.

TTBOMK, he is under experienced. He hasn't gone bankrupt even once.

There are many reports this morning but I still like the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44364388
I don't see any mention of 2020. Where are you seeing that?
Neil is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 12:41 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
That little event with the Black men may be his undoing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Thay was a giant clusterfuck. He would do well in Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yeah right, he personally called up that Starbucks employee and told him to kick those guys out.
You people don't even TRY to make sense any more.
He wasn't the CEO of Starbucks at the time, dorks. The current CEO of Starbucks Kevin Johnson.
Neil is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 12:55 PM   #8
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Trump is quite successful in Business and as POTUS.

Why would we want a someone you would support. You were predicting a crash in the Dow just a few weeks ago..

Your judgment of people and facts, has a track record as the White Star Line with ocean liners.
Why do you even pretend you can read?
RNG is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #9
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yeah right, he personally called up that Starbucks employee and told him to kick those guys out.
You people don't even TRY to make sense any more.
Plus his response was quick and unequivocal. That's the way to handle a situation like that. Odds are he gained points.
RNG is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 12:59 PM   #10
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't see any mention of 2020. Where are you seeing that?
Quote:
Howard Schultz, 64, is leaving at the end of the month as executive chairman of Starbucks, a decision that the N.Y. Times' Andrew Ross Sorkin says "will most likely stoke speculation that he is considering a run for president in 2020":
From the Axios AM Newsletter.

As I said, there were a lot of stories on this.
Thanks from Neil
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
actual, businessman, president, successful



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How great a businessman is Trump? tristanrobin Americas 14 January 10th, 2018 05:55 PM
Successful Chinese Businessman Repays Kindness By Giving 90 Families A Better Life intangible child Current Events 1 March 4th, 2015 03:50 AM
Rolling Stone Names President Obama ‘One of the Most Successful Presidents in America tristanrobin Current Events 23 November 5th, 2014 08:22 AM
Are there any successful , or semi successful African nations? senor boogie woogie Africa 16 September 27th, 2014 09:07 AM
Phil Robertson is no businessman Camelot Current Events 25 February 9th, 2014 08:05 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.