Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree22Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2018, 01:01 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Clicker II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Gee, and I never even knew that Byrd was elected President of the United States or even VP or even chairman of the DNC. All this time I thought he was the senior Senator from West Virginia. *shrug*

You boys realize that Byrd dissociated himself from the KKK in the very early 1950's, something like 65 years ago, right? The KKK was a mistake he made when he was young and stupid.
Ol White BedSheets Bob was just the single most influential Dem in congress having held office longer than anyone in the known universe. Well one exception. He was third in line for the Prez. Is credited for single handedly moving more govt functions out of Washington than any other pol. He started his political career when when he was 30 and never looked for a real job again. It's been said that folks in WVA still called him the Grand Dragon into the 70s, or until it was declared open season on Grand Dragons! You can't whitewash him or any of the Dems of the era, their sheets get in the way.
Thanks from Jimgorn
Clicker II is offline  
Old July 1st, 2018, 01:03 PM   #22
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 31,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker II View Post
Ol White BedSheets Bob was just the single most influential Dem in congress having held office longer than anyone in the known universe. Well one exception. He was third in line for the Prez. Is credited for single handedly moving more govt functions out of Washington than any other pol. He started his political career when when he was 30 and never looked for a real job again. It's been said that folks in WVA still called him the Grand Dragon into the 70s, or until it was declared open season on Grand Dragons! You can't whitewash him or any of the Dems of the era, their sheets get in the way.
Is that an example of clinging to your gun and bible?
RNG is offline  
Old July 1st, 2018, 02:52 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Some people are quick to blame Democrats for anything without one iota of thought to recognizing when it's actually the Republicans which have culpability on the situation...
I see sarcasm is an alien idea for you and Hollywood...

But now that I think of it.....hmmmmmmmm??
Jimgorn is offline  
Old July 1st, 2018, 03:21 PM   #24
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 6,001
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
I see sarcasm is an alien idea for you and Hollywood...
Three things...
One, that isn't your post so you have absolutely no credible grounds to claim somebody else's opinion was just sarcastic. There was no indicator of such.

Two, even then sarcasm doesn't demonstrate itself well in print which is why some people make a point of denoting sarcastic comments as being sarcastic.

Three, consider the thread we're on. The White Supremacists and Nazis have a long history of blaming others for their problems. People like blacks, Jews, liberals, etc.
All things considered, if the actual poster had intended their statement as sarcastic it's not that bright to do so.
i.e. Poe's law
Thanks from RNG and Hollywood
foundit66 is offline  
Old July 1st, 2018, 04:40 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Three things...
One, that isn't your post so you have absolutely no credible grounds to claim somebody else's opinion was just sarcastic. There was no indicator of such.

Two, even then sarcasm doesn't demonstrate itself well in print which is why some people make a point of denoting sarcastic comments as being sarcastic.

Three, consider the thread we're on. The White Supremacists and Nazis have a long history of blaming others for their problems. People like blacks, Jews, liberals, etc.
All things considered, if the actual poster had intended their statement as sarcastic it's not that bright to do so.
i.e. Poe's law

No....sarcasm need not be indicated....In fact the art of sarcasm is in it's brevity and forcing the person to think......and it must be based on some small shred of likelihood...... Could a heavily Democrat predominated district, have a situation where no Republicans exist to challenge the status quo??...Yup....could the Democrats engage in false flag tactics and send a NAZI up as a candidate to embarrass the Republicans as a whole??...Yup...

Classic Sarcasm....and apropo...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old July 1st, 2018, 04:54 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Ploughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
And that's according to Ted Cruz.

I hadn't heard about this:

Do you remember why Cruz lost to Trump? Did you follow the Republican primaries? Cruz lost because he was caught and busted in his lies and how he sabotages people. When the primaries first begun he was everyone's favor, myself included. But after seeing how corrupt his campaign was being run I decided not to vote for him. This was before Trump even announced he was running! After the primaries were over and done I lost all respect for Cruz. He is a liar.

I know nothing about this candidate Cruz is slamming but I don't really care about anything he says coming from his lips. I do not like liars.
Ploughboy is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2018, 09:44 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Nazi's running as a Republican.
Trump is a Republican.
Trump also holds an elected office higher than ANY other Republican in this country.
Therefore, Trump's Republican Party, so the Nazi is Trump's guy.
Badda-Boom-Badda-Bing...
LOL, now there's some Liberal thinking in all its stupidity.
caconservative is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2018, 10:57 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Its one of of those seats that will be won by a democrat regardless so this guy ran and nobody cared enough on in the local republican party to check up on this guys past.its a testament to how lackadaisical the illinois Republican party is. We have a Republican governor who voted to make illinois a sanctuary state.
Illinois is the poster child of left wing ideology. That poster keeps getting larger and larger.
guy39 is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2018, 11:18 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker II View Post
Wonders how much the DNC paid him!
Can't take any responsibility, can you?
leekohler2 is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2018, 11:19 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Illinois is the poster child of left wing ideology. That poster keeps getting larger and larger.
I'll take that any day over being the poster child for right wing ideology, like Kansas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
leekohler2 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
gop, nazi, running



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The world isn't running out of oil; it's running into it imaginethat Science and Technology 18 April 2nd, 2016 12:46 PM
Nazi's at it again! intangible child Current Events 5 May 8th, 2013 05:35 AM
Nazi like propaganda intangible child Politicians 3 October 20th, 2008 07:27 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.