Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas


Thanks Tree65Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2018, 05:47 AM   #71
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by TupSum View Post
Why don't you stop beating around the bushes and spit it out:
My agenda is to somehow label a religion to be incompatible with US law, therefore it should be OUT-lawed!

Now I'm curious what is your end-game:
round up all the US muslims, put them in a concentration camp and what? deport them?

And you guys get all offended when I call you nazis.

Bringing more Moslems into the country is very much like allowing more nazis to immigrate.
Thanks from Ploughboy
webguy4 is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:19 AM   #72
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Bringing more Moslems into the country is very much like allowing more nazis to immigrate.
But it is lovely white wing Christians that are carrying out the mass sahootings in this country. Go figure.
Camelot is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:19 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post
But we don't have a (so-called) holy book telling us to nuke our enemies and destroy all life on earth! Huge difference! We care about life. We want to live. Muslims do not care about life and want to die.
Uh-Huh, so what's your point?
Hollywood is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:34 AM   #74
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post
Look, you are here trolling on a topic that isn't even about Christianity. But you troll in defense of Islam, in hopes you can make Christianity look as ugly as Islam and that makes you a fanatical atheist who has no knowledge of either religion but yet like to troll your fanatical liberal opinionated crap which only manages to strengthen Islamic arguments which set out to justify jihad against modern civilization.
Ah...so that justifies lying about me?

Willy nilly breaking a commandment because you were mad? Christians aren't supposed to do that, are they? Aren't they supposed to "turn the other cheek"?

And people wonder why I have issues with country club GOP "christianity". Maybe if they actually READ their Bibles they wouldn't be such moral reprobates.
Thanks from RNG
GluteusMaximus is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:36 AM   #75
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Bringing more Moslems into the country is very much like allowing more nazis to immigrate.
That's a pretty bad analogy, for multiple reasons.

Regarding immigration: I believe the USA should strictly limit immigration. Not for racial or religious reasons (although I do dislike religion), but because we have limited resources. We should limit permanent immigration to those with 1) particularly necessary skills (surgeons, engineers, etc), 2) political refugees 3) foreigners who have been married to Americans for 7 years (typical common law timespan). I'm sure there are other reasons to consider allowing people to immigrate, and the laws shouldn't be "carved in stone" for that reason. We can't foresee every possible eventuality, and must remain fluid until we can.
Thanks from Hollywood

Last edited by GluteusMaximus; July 4th, 2018 at 06:42 AM.
GluteusMaximus is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 07:11 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Bringing more Moslems into the country is very much like allowing more nazis to immigrate.
that is not true - and it's ignorant to compare a religion to a political ideology
tristanrobin is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 07:28 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post
Are Islamic teachings compatible with U.S. law? Are the teachings of Muhammad a civil rights violation? Dos the Qur'an hold any moral value that we Americans need? Is there anything loving written in the Qur'an about disbeliever? Should Islamic teachings be taught in schools? These things we can discuss here.
Is the Mosaic Law compatible with US law? And take your time before you answer that question too quickly.
right to left is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 07:41 AM   #78
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
that is not true - and it's ignorant to compare a religion to a political ideology
Islam is a political ideology
webguy4 is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 07:57 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Logres
Posts: 165
You say:

'Well you don't know that much about Amish people either. Not all Amish are alike. It all depends on how they run their communities and where they live. Some can be complete dicks and very rude, while others are the nicest and most honorable people you will meet. It all depends on where you are at.'

So can Christians – and I am one, so I should know!

I am sorry, but you don’t seem to get this at all. What you have just said there is true of all people, Christians, Atheists, Muslims, Jews, Jedis. We all have the good, the bad and the ugly; because actually, brace yourself, deep down, we are all the same.

The reason why people keep talking about Christianity in response to your question, is I am sorry to say, because you don’t seem to realise how paranoid it makes you sound to single out Islam for attack. You question whether Islamic teachings are compatible with the US and people are trying to say – yes or no, it depends what you define as Islamic teaching…just as you can about Christian teaching. It’s not to ignore your question, it’s to try to point out that your question may well be valid, but is, unless it is considered along with questioning the ‘worthiness’ of any other citizen (including Evangelical Christians), at best, bigoted.

I wonder, do you work with Muslims, interact with Muslims? I do and I can honestly say that the vast majority are decent law abiding citizens who want the best for their kids. Their faith guides them to be loving and respectful. I currently work in England, and despite the hyperbole in the US right wing press, Muslims are not trying to take over here, there are no ‘no go areas’ and no attempt to impose Sharia (something incidentally that my Muslim friends and colleagues find laughable, on a par with trying to impose the Salem witch laws in the US) Last night England won a game in the World Cup and what I saw was people of all faiths and none cheering on their team. Maybe you should spend more time at promoting tolerance and less time attacking it. You would be happier and what is more you would also be abiding more closely with the teachings you purport to follow.
deGanis is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 07:58 AM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Logres
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Islam is a political ideology
No more or less than any other religion! It depends on the maturity of the follower
Thanks from tristanrobin and RNG
deGanis is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk > Americas

Tags
compatible, islamic, law, teachings



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Islamic State Product of Islamic Heritage excalibur Current Events 0 March 10th, 2015 11:19 AM
ISIL is not Islamic sgtdmski Current Events 192 September 20th, 2014 04:10 PM
You Should Seek the Way to Be Compatible with Christ work in just ways Christianity 0 July 28th, 2014 10:03 PM
Teachings Of Christianity Vs Obama Tony Perkins Christianity 18 February 6th, 2012 03:56 PM
Islamic Tolerance leighredf Islam 50 November 12th, 2010 11:52 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.