Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion > Atheism


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2017, 04:57 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: US
Posts: 20
Questions For Atheists II

Where do you think it is the rationality and orderliness of nature comes from?

Where do you think it is the laws of logic comes from?

Where do you think it is the laws of mathematics comes from?

How is it that the principles of this enormously-complex universe can be explained on the back of an envelope?

Would you say reverse engineering the universe would accurately describe what scientists do?

How is it that nature wrote the genetic code?

How lucky are we that the genetic code, and the biological machinery capable of reading it and processing it, happened to come into existence at the same time, and find each other in the vast cosmos?
misty is offline  
Old June 8th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #2
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty View Post
Where do you think it is the rationality and orderliness of nature comes from?

Physical forces.

Where do you think it is the laws of logic comes from?

Intelligence.

Where do you think it is the laws of mathematics comes from?

Observation of the relationship of things.

How is it that the principles of this enormously-complex universe can be explained on the back of an envelope?

They can't.

Would you say reverse engineering the universe would accurately describe what scientists do?

In a small part yes, but that would apply to the way many scientists work on many other projects. They observe something that ignites their curiosity and they try to find what drives it.

How is it that nature wrote the genetic code?

The genetic code was made by random association of molecules.

How lucky are we that the genetic code, and the biological machinery capable of reading it and processing it, happened to come into existence at the same time, and find each other in the vast cosmos?
As above for other than the last question. For the last question, it wasn't luck, other than "the luck of the draw" if you like that terminology. Most importantly, if the random bumping of molecules hadn't happened the way they did, you wouldn't be here to ask the question.

I hate reiterating this again and again, but you aren't something special that god put here and will shower you with rewards if you jump through the right hoops.

Edit: I'm sorry for the appearance of me "internet yelling". I was trying to make sure my responses were separate from your post.
Thanks from catus felis
RNG is offline  
Old June 8th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty View Post
Where do you think it is the rationality and orderliness of nature comes from?

Where do you think it is the laws of logic comes from?

Where do you think it is the laws of mathematics comes from?

How is it that the principles of this enormously-complex universe can be explained on the back of an envelope?

Would you say reverse engineering the universe would accurately describe what scientists do?

How is it that nature wrote the genetic code?

How lucky are we that the genetic code, and the biological machinery capable of reading it and processing it, happened to come into existence at the same time, and find each other in the vast cosmos?
There is no rationality or orderliness in nature. For the most part nature is very UNorderly and UNrational. The little part that you encounter in your everyday life may appear orderly but that is only one small part.

The "laws" of logic and mathematics are human inventions that help organize concepts so that they can be used more easily when trying to describe the unorderly and unrational universe.

As RNG said, they can't.

In some ways yes. But to say that doesn't mean I accept your implied axiom that the universe was "engineered" in the first place.

Nature didn't write anything. Nature is a not a sentient being that can "write" things. The genetic code exists because of billions of years of trial and (mostly) error.

They are not two separate things that developed independently. You can't have one without the other.
Thanks from catus felis
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2017, 07:19 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty View Post
Where do you think it is the rationality and orderliness of nature comes from?
the flying spaghetti monster likes things to be organised.

Quote:
Where do you think it is the laws of logic comes from?
they came to flying spaghetti monster in a dream

Quote:
Where do you think it is the laws of mathematics comes from?
mathematics is really just logic in written form. the flying spaghetti monster did it first

Quote:
How is it that the principles of this enormously-complex universe can be explained on the back of an envelope?
isnt the work of his noodly goodness beautiful in its simplicity?

Quote:
Would you say reverse engineering the universe would accurately describe what scientists do?
especially those touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote:
How is it that nature wrote the genetic code?
thats the flying spaghetti monsters greatest achievement.
Quote:
How lucky are we that the genetic code, and the biological machinery capable of reading it and processing it, happened to come into existence at the same time, and find each other in the vast cosmos?
it wasnt luck, it was his noodly guidance.
Thanks from catus felis
hot dragon is offline  
Old June 17th, 2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: north east usa
Posts: 3,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty View Post
Where do you think it is the rationality and orderliness of nature comes from?

Where do you think it is the laws of logic comes from?

Where do you think it is the laws of mathematics comes from?

How is it that the principles of this enormously-complex universe can be explained on the back of an envelope?

Would you say reverse engineering the universe would accurately describe what scientists do?

How is it that nature wrote the genetic code?

How lucky are we that the genetic code, and the biological machinery capable of reading it and processing it, happened to come into existence at the same time, and find each other in the vast cosmos?
how is it that our mind. the brain. being a central nervous system. that responds to our 5 senses. also respond to our thinking. our ideas. our learning. our emotional area. and how is it that the central nervous system reacts
to what we do what we think what we feel.
the question is. the signals going to the brain...where do the signals come from.. other then our 5 senses whit don't include what the senses don't do.

Last edited by dusty; June 17th, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
dusty is offline  
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
There is no rationality or orderliness in nature. For the most part nature is very UNorderly and UNrational. The little part that you encounter in your everyday life may appear orderly but that is only one small part.

The "laws" of logic and mathematics are human inventions that help organize concepts so that they can be used more easily when trying to describe the unorderly and unrational universe.

As RNG said, they can't.

In some ways yes. But to say that doesn't mean I accept your implied axiom that the universe was "engineered" in the first place.

Nature didn't write anything. Nature is a not a sentient being that can "write" things. The genetic code exists because of billions of years of trial and (mostly) error.

They are not two separate things that developed independently. You can't have one without the other.

Nature didn't write anything. Nature is a not a sentient being that can "write" things. The genetic code exists because of billions of years of trial and (mostly) error......who/what promoted those trials and errors?
urbrother is offline  
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:46 PM   #7
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbrother View Post
Nature didn't write anything. Nature is a not a sentient being that can "write" things. The genetic code exists because of billions of years of trial and (mostly) error......who/what promoted those trials and errors?
Random thermal motion.
Thanks from catus felis
RNG is offline  
Old June 21st, 2017, 06:40 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbrother View Post
Nature didn't write anything. Nature is a not a sentient being that can "write" things. The genetic code exists because of billions of years of trial and (mostly) error......who/what promoted those trials and errors?
No one "promoted" them anymore than anyone "promotes" water falling downhill.
Thanks from catus felis
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 12:02 PM   #9
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,030
N.Tyson says there is a 50/50 chance that what all of us experience as life is a computer simulation like in the movie Matrix.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...er-simulation/

Last edited by webguy4; September 2nd, 2017 at 01:26 AM.
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 12:03 PM   #10
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,030
So if there can be a master computer that runs everything, why not God?
webguy4 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion > Atheism

Tags
atheists, questions



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
questions for atheists dusty Atheism 86 June 4th, 2017 07:09 PM
what is a atheists dusty Atheism 2 February 27th, 2017 05:29 PM
questions for Atheists dusty Atheism 10 May 25th, 2015 10:07 AM
.............. What About the Atheists ? dadman Atheism 170 November 28th, 2012 05:03 AM
What Atheists Are dusty Atheism 341 November 26th, 2012 02:43 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.