Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion > Atheism


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #1
The Chief
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Planet Earth (Mostly)
Posts: 14,314
An Atheist Billboard

tadpole256 is offline  
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #2
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,678




I wonder what atheists would say if they went door to door??



"Have you stopped believing in God yet?"



Do atheists have conferences and meetings?



If so what do they talk about? Latest war stories making fun of Christians??

garysher is offline  
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
I wonder what atheists would say if they went door to door??



"Have you stopped believing in God yet?"



Do atheists have conferences and meetings?



If so what do they talk about? Latest war stories making fun of Christians??



For all the negative press Christianity gets for the spread of the Gospel,for making converts,there is just as much a movement in disbelief to make "de-converts" too.



HERE



OD

OhDear is offline  
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 20,803
the fact remains, you have to SEARCH OUT for such information, it doesn't arrive at your door with a white shirt and tie and carrying a copy of Guidepost.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:50 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin
the fact remains, you have to SEARCH OUT for such information, it doesn't arrive at your door with a white shirt and tie and carrying a copy of Guidepost.


No; its advertised every day in media, universities, and government.
cactusman is offline  
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin
the fact remains, you have to SEARCH OUT for such information, it doesn't arrive at your door with a white shirt and tie and carrying a copy of Guidepost.


But atheists haven't been given a mission by the Son of God to spread the Gospel.



In fact atheists don't have a mission, or a purpose.



All the have is the antithesis of a religion.



Whoopee!

garysher is offline  
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 20,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusman
No; its advertised every day in media, universities, and government.


In other words, you have to go looking for it; it doesn't show up and ring your doorbell unwanted.



... like I said



And on MY television lineup, I have several all-CHristian networks - I don't get a single atheist network.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin
In other words, you have to go looking for it; it doesn't show up and ring your doorbell unwanted.



... like I said



And on MY television lineup, I have several all-CHristian networks - I don't get a single atheist network.


Perhaps not "The Atheist Network" or "The Atheism Channel"



The message is still being spread through media; it is not a full frontal attack.

People like John Dewey and the Fabian Socialists knew this when they pushed for the removal of God from the schools.
cactusman is offline  
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
knowuryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher


But atheists haven't been given a mission by the Son of God to spread the Gospel.



In fact atheists don't have a mission, or a purpose.



All the have is the antithesis of a religion.



Whoopee!



Some of us don't need The Son of God (or Santa Claus) to give us a mission or purpose in life. I am not grappling for these things as you obviously are. Life provides it's own purpose and every day is an adventure to be enjoyed and celebrated.



I am sorry that you are such a lost little lamb that you require some divine shepherd to herd you around.





knowuryder is offline  
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
knowuryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusman
Perhaps not "The Atheist Network" or "The Atheism Channel"



The message is still being spread through media; it is not a full frontal attack.

People like John Dewey and the Fabian Socialists knew this when they pushed for the removal of God from the schools.


How can you remove God from schools? If you believe in God isn't he everywhere all the time?



Some conviction you have there bud....no wonder your religion is in trouble.





knowuryder is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion > Atheism

Tags
atheist, billboard



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Controversial Billboard Claiming Abortions Kill Blacks gulfwar_veteran Abortion 154 July 2nd, 2011 12:37 AM
Atheist Watch :: Atheist Billboard Removed tadpole256 Atheism 3 February 22nd, 2009 04:53 PM
Thank God I'm an Atheist tadpole256 Atheism 10 December 21st, 2008 03:23 PM
9/11 billboard draws flak from Florida Dems, GOP CNN Current Events 5 July 16th, 2008 12:52 PM
9/11 billboard draws flak from Florida Dems, GOP Current Events 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.