Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Big Government Big Government Forum - Political Philosophy Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #1
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 16,850
So say that the economy is getting bad, and we could be heading for another recession.



With this in mind, how would you fix these things and bring us out of this slumber party?
highway80west is offline  
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
gulfwar_veteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,501
First off, I would recall all the soldiers from overseas out of the middle east and cease any and all financial support to Pakistan, among other third world nations that squander that aid rather than using it for what it was intended for.



Second, I would reduce all federal employee salaries to corporate/national market levels, for there is no need or rational sense for a janitor (for example) working in a federal office earning a six figure salary when the average janitor in any corporate office earns half (if not less) than that.



Third, I would review all government contracts with private contractors to ensure we're not overpaying for their services (the old $100 for a tiolet seat when they're only $20 at Target example).



Fourth, I would fully fund ICE and the border patrol to deport and keep the illegals out, thereby lowering the various and numerous financial burdens they place on Americans ( California is bankrupt because of their illegal alien problem)!



Fifth, I would rescind tax exemptions on religious organizations. There is no need for them to not be paying taxes, especially when they harbor criminals and get involved in the political affairs of this nation.



Sixth, I would reduce the Capital Gains Tax and increase corporate profit taxes (this is aimed at oil and other energy giants that manipulate the markets for their gain at our expense).



Seventh, no more borrowing from social security...those accounts would be replenished to the levels they should be at today.



Eighth, I would back the GAO in investigating all grants, stimulus programs, etc. To ensure funds are being properly granted and getting back something from that investment (e.g. job creation). If anything nefarious is found, those funds would cease and the organization and any individuals would be held accountable and funds recovered by any means.



Ninth, establish a flat income tax across the board so everyone is paying the same and not some more or less than others based on income, class or any other status.



Last but not least (I could go on, but these are the first ten things that came to mind), I would fire anyone and everyone appointment by Obama and previous presidents and appoint only proven qualified individuals to replace them at a fair market salary rate.



Oh, one more thing, as President I would refuse my salary and have it donated to military organizations supporting programs helping our wounded warriors adjust and cope with their return home.
gulfwar_veteran is offline  
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 16,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWV View Post
First off, I would recall all the soldiers from overseas out of the middle east and cease any and all financial support to Pakistan, among other third world nations that squander that aid rather than using it for what it was intended for.



Second, I would reduce all federal employee salaries to corporate/national market levels, for there is no need or rational sense for a janitor (for example) working in a federal office earning a six figure salary when the average janitor in any corporate office earns half (if not less) than that.



Third, I would review all government contracts with private contractors to ensure we're not overpaying for their services (the old $100 for a tiolet seat when they're only $20 at Target example).



Fourth, I would fully fund ICE and the border patrol to deport and keep the illegals out, thereby lowering the various and numerous financial burdens they place on Americans ( California is bankrupt because of their illegal alien problem)!



Fifth, I would rescind tax exemptions on religious organizations. There is no need for them to not be paying taxes, especially when they harbor criminals and get involved in the political affairs of this nation.



Sixth, I would reduce the Capital Gains Tax and increase corporate profit taxes (this is aimed at oil and other energy giants that manipulate the markets for their gain at our expense).



Seventh, no more borrowing from social security...those accounts would be replenished to the levels they should be at today.



Eighth, I would back the GAO in investigating all grants, stimulus programs, etc. To ensure funds are being properly granted and getting back something from that investment (e.g. job creation). If anything nefarious is found, those funds would cease and the organization and any individuals would be held accountable and funds recovered by any means.



Ninth, establish a flat income tax across the board so everyone is paying the same and not some more or less than others based on income, class or any other status.



Last but not least (I could go on, but these are the first ten things that came to mind), I would fire anyone and everyone appointment by Obama and previous presidents and appoint only proven qualified individuals to replace them at a fair market salary rate.



Oh, one more thing, as President I would refuse my salary and have it donated to military organizations supporting programs helping our wounded warriors adjust and cope with their return home.


Okay, some good points there. Thanks.
highway80west is offline  
Old October 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #4
An Awesome Dude
 
Dude111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location:
Posts: 3,277
Things are so bad I WOULDNT EVEN WANNA CONSIDER THAT THOUGHT!
Dude111 is offline  
Old October 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 16,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Things are so bad I WOULDNT EVEN WANNA CONSIDER THAT THOUGHT!


In other words, you wouldn't want to be president? Be careful what you wish for, pal. You might get it.
highway80west is offline  
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #6
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWV View Post
First off, I would recall all the soldiers from overseas out of the middle east and cease any and all financial support to Pakistan, among other third world nations that squander that aid rather than using it for what it was intended for.



Second, I would reduce all federal employee salaries to corporate/national market levels, for there is no need or rational sense for a janitor (for example) working in a federal office earning a six figure salary when the average janitor in any corporate office earns half (if not less) than that.



Third, I would review all government contracts with private contractors to ensure we're not overpaying for their services (the old $100 for a tiolet seat when they're only $20 at Target example).



Fourth, I would fully fund ICE and the border patrol to deport and keep the illegals out, thereby lowering the various and numerous financial burdens they place on Americans ( California is bankrupt because of their illegal alien problem)!



Fifth, I would rescind tax exemptions on religious organizations. There is no need for them to not be paying taxes, especially when they harbor criminals and get involved in the political affairs of this nation.



Sixth, I would reduce the Capital Gains Tax and increase corporate profit taxes (this is aimed at oil and other energy giants that manipulate the markets for their gain at our expense).



Seventh, no more borrowing from social security...those accounts would be replenished to the levels they should be at today.



Eighth, I would back the GAO in investigating all grants, stimulus programs, etc. To ensure funds are being properly granted and getting back something from that investment (e.g. job creation). If anything nefarious is found, those funds would cease and the organization and any individuals would be held accountable and funds recovered by any means.



Ninth, establish a flat income tax across the board so everyone is paying the same and not some more or less than others based on income, class or any other status.



Last but not least (I could go on, but these are the first ten things that came to mind), I would fire anyone and everyone appointment by Obama and previous presidents and appoint only proven qualified individuals to replace them at a fair market salary rate.



Oh, one more thing, as President I would refuse my salary and have it donated to military organizations supporting programs helping our wounded warriors adjust and cope with their return home.


Congratulations, you just killed our economy. He said “FIX” our economy, not destroy it.
Fayt is offline  
Old October 13th, 2011, 06:19 AM   #7
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 16,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWV' timestamp='1318448335' post='361367

First off, I would recall all the soldiers from overseas out of the middle east and cease any and all financial support to Pakistan, among other third world nations that squander that aid rather than using it for what it was intended for.



Second, I would reduce all federal employee salaries to corporate/national market levels, for there is no need or rational sense for a janitor (for example) working in a federal office earning a six figure salary when the average janitor in any corporate office earns half (if not less) than that.



Third, I would review all government contracts with private contractors to ensure we're not overpaying for their services (the old $100 for a tiolet seat when they're only $20 at Target example).



Fourth, I would fully fund ICE and the border patrol to deport and keep the illegals out, thereby lowering the various and numerous financial burdens they place on Americans ( California is bankrupt because of their illegal alien problem)!



Fifth, I would rescind tax exemptions on religious organizations. There is no need for them to not be paying taxes, especially when they harbor criminals and get involved in the political affairs of this nation.



Sixth, I would reduce the Capital Gains Tax and increase corporate profit taxes (this is aimed at oil and other energy giants that manipulate the markets for their gain at our expense).



Seventh, no more borrowing from social security...those accounts would be replenished to the levels they should be at today.



Eighth, I would back the GAO in investigating all grants, stimulus programs, etc. To ensure funds are being properly granted and getting back something from that investment (e.g. job creation). If anything nefarious is found, those funds would cease and the organization and any individuals would be held accountable and funds recovered by any means.



Ninth, establish a flat income tax across the board so everyone is paying the same and not some more or less than others based on income, class or any other status.



Last but not least (I could go on, but these are the first ten things that came to mind), I would fire anyone and everyone appointment by Obama and previous presidents and appoint only proven qualified individuals to replace them at a fair market salary rate.



Oh, one more thing, as President I would refuse my salary and have it donated to military organizations supporting programs helping our wounded warriors adjust and cope with their return home.


Congratulations, you just killed our economy. He said “FIX” our economy, not destroy it.


Nice, Fayt.
highway80west is offline  
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
gulfwar_veteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,501
Fayt, you're an ignoramus who hasn't the faintest clue about economics on any level.



Peddle your ignorant tripe elsewhere you little twit!
gulfwar_veteran is offline  
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #9
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,969
What's with all that name calling and no substantive refutation of the point?



Oh yeah, that's right. It's another defeated position and all that's left is to behave like a spoiled child. Same old, same old.
waitingtables is offline  
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
gulfwar_veteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
What's with all that name calling and no substantive refutation of the point?


Learned from the best...you!!!



Same BS can be said for Fayt's response! No substantive refutation of any point at all...just an unsubstantiated asinine one liner.



Quote:
Oh yeah, that's right. It's another defeated position and all that's left is to behave like a spoiled child. Same old, same old.


Talkin about yourself again? Tisk tisk...
gulfwar_veteran is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Tags
country, fix, president

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why is our country so divided? Tyler Cornwall Current Events 159 January 26th, 2013 10:25 AM
With a democrat as president do republicans really want our country to succeed? Tyler Cornwall Current Events 11 January 26th, 2013 10:23 AM
As their name states we have gone from a "Freedom to..." country to a "Freedom from..." country Danjb25 Current Events 170 August 17th, 2012 10:47 AM
whatever happened to God's own country? Rooseveltdon Political Talk 8 July 31st, 2006 10:10 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.