Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Big Government Big Government Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree32Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2016, 12:57 PM   #71
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It's as if everyone has forgotten the noble adage, "I disagree with what you say but will defend to the death your RIGHT to say it."
I believe some president said that. I'm not going to goggle it, so just tell us who.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #72
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
I'm sorry, I think there's a huge difference between going to the bathroom and feeding your child. If you can't handle the sight of a woman's breast, that's your problem.
Under many circumstances, I love the sight of women's breasts. Just call me old-fashioned - I am uncomfortable with women breast feeding in public.

That being said, I don't think the practice should be outlawed. I don't think it's harming anybody. I just don't like it because I think breast feeding should be done in private - just like relieving yourself.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 07:52 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
No one, but merely saying its the law and therefore you will support it is contradicting your current statement.
No, it isn't.

I hate having to spell everything out for you guys over and over again. Thankfully, I've been a middle school basketball coach for the past three years so I've learned to be patient when teaching children.

I break up ethics into two groups: personal and societal. You can have personal beliefs that are more inclined to your specific situation in life, but when we start talking about society as a whole, we sometimes have to abandon this personal moral system for the sake of the greater good. Thus, I believe in accepting the law as a supreme authority in societal ethics.
locke23 is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 07:55 PM   #74
Back to bum status
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
No, it isn't.

I hate having to spell everything out for you guys over and over again. Thankfully, I've been a middle school basketball coach for the past three years so I've learned to be patient when teaching children.

I break up ethics into two groups: personal and societal. You can have personal beliefs that are more inclined to your specific situation in life, but when we start talking about society as a whole, we sometimes have to abandon this personal moral system for the sake of the greater good. Thus, I believe in accepting the law as a supreme authority in societal ethics.
Oh. I do understand now. Your a Canadian. I forgot that. You think the good of the whole outweighs the right of the individual. I am sure that it does in Canada. Not in the United States. That is why the United States is a Democratic elected Republic. That is why the United States has a bill of rights guaranteeing that the rights of the individual will be free from government.
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:00 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 15,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
I believe some president said that. I'm not going to goggle it, so just tell us who.
Sorry, I just don'r remember. If I did i would have given him credit.
Hollywood is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:02 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 15,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Oh. I do understand now. Your a Canadian. I forgot that. You think the good of the whole outweighs the right of the individual. I am sure that it does in Canada. Not in the United States. That is why the United States is a Democratic elected Republic. That is why the United States has a bill of rights guaranteeing that the rights of the individual will be free from government.
The United States is a Representative Republic. We elect Congressmen/women and Senators to represent us.
Hollywood is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:02 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Oh. I do understand now. Your a Canadian. I forgot that. You think the good of the whole outweighs the right of the individual. I am sure that it does in Canada. Not in the United States. That is why the United States is a Democratic elected Republic. That is why the United States has a bill of rights guaranteeing that the rights of the individual will be free from government.
Sorry to shock you with this revelation, but Canada is also democratic and has a bill of rights.

And you describe as if I am an anti individualist, a fascist or commie saying the state and basic welfare of all trump freedom. That is incorrect: there is a balance between security, welfare and freedom. They are all equally important. I believe we should seek to maintain this balance as best as is realistically possible.
locke23 is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #78
Back to bum status
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
Sorry to shock you with this revelation, but Canada is also democratic and has a bill of rights.

And you describe as if I am an anti individualist, a fascist or commie saying the state and basic welfare of all trump freedom. That is incorrect: there is a balance between security, welfare and freedom. They are all equally important. I believe we should seek to maintain this balance as best as is realistically possible.
I believe when we start giving up individual rights for that reason then all is lost and we have no balance, no liberty and no safety
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:22 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
I believe when we start giving up individual rights for that reason then all is lost and we have no balance, no liberty and no safety
What individual rights have we/you guys given up?
locke23 is offline  
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:30 PM   #80
Back to bum status
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
What individual rights have we/you guys given up?
4th amendment is no longer applicable at all
6th is null and void if you mention PATRIOT ACT
8th is null and void if you are considered a material witness. You are then detained without representation, a trial or allowed any contact at all, against your will
1st is null and void due to the PATRIOT ACT allowing the government to spy on religious services.

How long of a list would you like?
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
coke is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Tags
arrest, breastfeeding, cop, infuriating, mother, threatens, “offensive”



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warrant Issued for Mother’s Arrest for Selling Homeade Tamales to Her Neighbors Sabcat Big Government 8 August 15th, 2016 12:49 PM
Debate ignited on FB page after sharing photo of mother breastfeeding friend’s child Panther91 Social Issues 17 August 13th, 2015 10:49 AM
City Threatens Veteran with Arrest for Living off Grid ZakCarter Current Events 2 June 27th, 2015 06:06 PM
New Data Offer First Infuriating Glimpse At How The Richest 0.001 Percent Pay Income LongWinded Current Events 7 June 6th, 2015 07:22 PM
Obama Administration Threatens to Arrest Sheriff's Who Back the Second Amendment.... Jbird Current Events 85 April 9th, 2013 10:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.