Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Big Government Big Government Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree11Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2017, 03:41 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
No authority for that.


State' Rights is the authority.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old March 17th, 2017, 03:42 PM   #22
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,370
There is no need for state involvement.

Use doctors as an example. They could decide amongst themselves and society what "credentials" we required to become a doctor and issue them accordingly. I, as a consumer could make the choice to visit an accredited doctor or not. Why should the state get a cut? Also it is not the states business if I visit an accredited doctor or a hippy w/ crystals. It is my body and my money.
Thanks from Twisted Sister

Last edited by Sabcat; March 17th, 2017 at 03:47 PM.
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 17th, 2017, 04:09 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
There is no need for state involvement.

Use doctors as an example. They could decide amongst themselves and society what "credentials" we required to become a doctor and issue them accordingly. I, as a consumer could make the choice to visit an accredited doctor or not. Why should the state get a cut? Also it is not the states business if I visit an accredited doctor or a hippy w/ crystals. It is my body and my money.
I outsmarted a Doctor of Psychology before. I outsmarted a Doctor of Radiology and I outsmarted a Doctor of Physics and all I have is a High School Education. I outsmarted a Doctor of Computer Science more times than I can remember. I outsmarted a Doctor of Botany and a Doctor of Education. Doctors are a dime a dozen.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old March 17th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
There is no need for state involvement.

Use doctors as an example. They could decide amongst themselves and society what "credentials" we required to become a doctor and issue them accordingly. I, as a consumer could make the choice to visit an accredited doctor or not. Why should the state get a cut? Also it is not the states business if I visit an accredited doctor or a hippy w/ crystals. It is my body and my money.
It's "hippie." I saw a few ladies at the grocery store today who were hippy, but they weren't hippies.

If insurance is involved, then it's not your money.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 17th, 2017, 06:27 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
I outsmarted a Doctor of Psychology before. I outsmarted a Doctor of Radiology and I outsmarted a Doctor of Physics and all I have is a High School Education. I outsmarted a Doctor of Computer Science more times than I can remember. I outsmarted a Doctor of Botany and a Doctor of Education. Doctors are a dime a dozen.
Accounting for inflation since that saying originated, doctors are probably more than a dollar a dozen.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 17th, 2017, 07:20 PM   #26
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
It's "hippie." I saw a few ladies at the grocery store today who were hippy, but they weren't hippies.

If insurance is involved, then it's not your money.
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Tags
permission, state, work



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missouri now a 'Right to Work' State excalibur Current Events 7 February 12th, 2017 02:26 PM
Yemen Withdraws Permission For US Anti Terrorist Raids skews13 Current Events 8 February 10th, 2017 05:06 AM
Trumps NSA Advisor Shared Secrets Without Permission skews13 Current Events 6 December 14th, 2016 08:50 AM
Proposed Bill Would Require Women To Ask Men's Permission To Have An Abortion LongWinded Current Events 319 January 24th, 2015 12:50 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.